Beauty and the beast 2017

Re: Beauty and the beast 2017

Postby Tsuki » November 14th, 2016, 7:05 pm

Looks good :). I'll give it a watch.
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 88

Postby Squeely » November 15th, 2016, 12:53 am

Much like TLK, Beauty and the Beast is another perfect film that doesn't have a lot of room for improvement. But I am very pleased with what I've seen thus far, it's looking like this will be on par with the original, unless it has a really stupid script or something (which seems unlikely). And I love how beautiful and creative they've been with everything. The visual style will keep it worth watching alongside the original as well.

Unless something disastrous happens with this, it should be really good. Which has my hopes raised for TLK.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby TheLionPrince » November 15th, 2016, 6:02 am

From the looks of the trailer, it almost looks like a shot-for-shot remake. However, it doesn't appear to be the case since it appears they adapted the original fairy tale's version of how Beauty's father was imprisoned by the Beast, in which the Beast was angered after the father clipped a rose from his garden.

Despite whatever anyone says, I think Emma Watson will ace the role of Belle. Luke Evan's voice for the Beast sounds almost identically the same as Robby Benson's voice in the original film. However, the face of the Beast looks too humanoid. Ewan McGregor still sounds unconvincing with his attempt at a French accent. I'm impressed with the production design and costume design.

While Beauty and the Beast is among the least needed film to be remade, the live-action reimaging is shaping to honor and build on its legacy.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Squeely » November 15th, 2016, 7:04 am

I, too, think Emma Watson will make a good Belle.

TLP: You're not the only one who has criticized Beast's look. I've seen a lot of people say he's too human, too pretty. Part of me agrees, but I think it's also a really difficult design to pull off in terms of putting it onto a real human in the first place. It would have been tricky to take the design from the animated film and turn it realistic without it looking unappealing or uncanny. I know the Broadway Beast is usually more faithful to the animated version, but what works for stage isn't necessarily going to work for a mass-marketed movie. So I definitely understand why Disney took the direction with the design that they did.

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Postby PrincessKiara » November 20th, 2016, 10:46 pm

I am very excited for this remake, and will be watching it in the cinema when it comes out! :)
The trailer and teasers I`ve seen so far all look amazing - visually the film looks AMAZING, here`s hoping the acting and script holds up as well. I think it will, honestly. I have no concerns about this, I feel convinced it will be a solid remake with plenty of love and respect for the animated version.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby Squeely » November 26th, 2016, 8:55 am

Spoiler: show

If there's one thing for certain, this film is going to look absolutely beautiful!

Squeely

Sassy cub

Postby FlipMode » December 5th, 2016, 3:34 pm

It really does look great, the attention to detail, man. I also like how they don't seem to have put a spin on the original story like they sometimes do, it's literally just the same film but a live action remake. I know that sounds like a bad thing but it's really not lol. As good as Maleficent was, I think it would have worked a bit better without trying to make her an anti hero.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby xoxo » January 5th, 2017, 8:09 am

I prefer just the animation movie of Beauty & the Beast, not so much about this. I don't really like Emma Watson very much to be honest. I grew up with the original animated Beauty and the Beast movie. It's better that way for me, no offense. Just my opinion here. Sorry if i offend or upset anyone. :roll:
xoxo
Live. . .Love. . .Laugh

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

LovableLioness08

Nickname(s): Holly Bear
Pride Points: 4

Postby Elton John » January 5th, 2017, 1:02 pm

I really don't understand your logic. Maybe because it's 6 in the morning and doing basic human functions pre-coffee is like rocket science.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby PridelandsPhantom » January 14th, 2017, 2:10 am

Not real thrilled to be honest. It seems Disney has run out of some creative steam and is looking to make some money by rehashing tried and true classics. Yes, I enjoyed the live action Jungle Book even though I loved the classic animated film, but that one had room for improvement. TLK and Beauty and the Beast are fine animated and I feel they're most likely to get messed up as live action. I like Emma Watson especially as Hermione Granger and can see her in many films, but Beauty isn't one of them. The fairy tale Beauty is A LOT darker than the Disney version (which is typical look at Rapunzel and well any fairy tale really including Sleeping Beauty). Emma is an awesome British actress and I just don't really see her as Belle and they're pretty much grasping at straws at this point.

Why is Disney doing this when they seem to be on the verge of another surge of an era? I couldn't tell you but with Zootopia and Moana being excellent films and well made they should focus on original material and not improve what doesn't need it. To quote a Cogsworth joke, "If it ain't baroque, don't fix it." ;)
Dog Mom to Misty, Sango, Tami, Abby, and Kawaii. :)
Three Angel Babies at the Rainbow Bridge: Mija, London, and Olga :cry:
PridelandsPhantom
Kion is My Waifu!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Disney Fan and Lioness at Heart

Nickname(s): Mako, Dog Mom, Alex, Jessi
Pride Points: 12

PreviousNext

Return to The Den