SPOILERS! Finding Dory opinions

Re: SPOILERS! Finding Dory opinions

Postby gothprincesskiara » July 7th, 2016, 12:22 am

remember the tank gang? they are at the end of the credits
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby moonsugar33 » July 7th, 2016, 2:35 am

[quote="gothprincesskiara"]remember the tank gang? they are at the end of the credits[/quote]
Ah! My boyfriend hustled me out before the end of the credits. I was wondering why their voice actors were credited!
moonsugar33

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 9

Postby TheLionPrince » July 9th, 2016, 2:59 am

[quote="gothprincesskiara"]did any of you stay at the end of the credits to see the last bit? ;) I did not like how it ended though it sucks[/quote]

I didn't although I stayed around a little bit when the end credits were rolling to listen to Sia's rather beautiful cover of "Unforgettable". Like moonsugar stated, I wondered why their voice actors were credited so I knew something was up. However, I left prematurely and found out online there was a post-credits scene. I never thought Pixar too would start doing post-credits scenes like Marvel Studios does.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Squeely » July 26th, 2016, 3:15 pm

I stayed because I knew beforehand there would be a post-credits scene. My friend Patricia is a Disney fanatic and is always in-the-know about such things, and we went with her.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Tsuki » July 29th, 2016, 7:25 pm

It's finally out here in the UK and me and my sister got tickets to see it today :D.

OH MY GOD THIS FILM!!! I loved it!! Though it did tug my heartstrings. Such a cute story and I loved the new characters (Bailey being my fave because you know....Belugas :excited: ). Liked the idea of the Marine Institute and the idea of Rescue, Rehab and Release. The three Rs!. Great message for kids. I also loved the short at the beginning. Those sandlings were adorable.

Only negative would be I'd have liked to have learnt why Hank didn't like the ocean. And sadly I couldn't stay for the end of the credits because my sister had to get back to her car before her ticket expired.

Also:

[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 88

Postby PrincessKiara » September 10th, 2016, 8:58 pm

This is a spoiler-free review of the film I posted on my Kiara Facebook page:

I was finally able to see Finding Dory at the cinema today (it premiered in my country two weeks ago) and naturally I loved it. I even watched Finding Nemo last night to better be able to compare the two movies.

Which do I like better?
It`s difficult to pick, honestly. They both follow a road-trip formula, we`re introduced to a lot of different characters in both films, and they both have a nice blend of action, comedy and emotion. With that said, I personally feel Finding Nemo is more light-hearted and comedic whereas Finding Dory deals with heavier emotional issues and is overall more poignant. I really enjoyed Finding Dory, and it packed more of an emotional punch for me (it actually made me cry) while Finding Nemo always makes me laugh, so in that respect the impact the two films have on me are quite different, and I can`t pick one over the other, I enjoy both very much.

It was fun seeing some of the original characters again, but what I think was even nicer is the fact that Dory was truly allowed to shine in this, and the new characters we meet are mostly interesting and engaging. Marlin and Nemo obviously get lots of screentime, but Dory continues to be the star of the film, which is exactly how I want it.
Destiny the whale shark and Bailey the beluga whale didn`t make an impression on me - they were okay, but nothing more. I didn`t find either to be memorable or special. Hank the octopus was a great character, and his camouflage abilities are used in amazingly creative ways, often to a humerous effect. The sealions are a trio of funny characters, Gerald especially stands out as a comedic and strange fellow.

Overall, I find Dory`s struggle to retain her memories and her despair and frustration at constantly forgetting and not being able to recall very moving. Dory as a character I find to be both comedic and sweet. She`s kind and helpful, genuine and a truly strong character in her own right despite her original role as Marlins sidekick. I`m very happy to see her as the star in her own film, and learning about her past was fun and interesting.

The theme of ocean conversion, marine life preservation and pollution were addressed in the film but in a subtle way, without preaching. In several scenes, as Dory is swimming around the coast of California we see things like plastic, glass bottles and cans littering the ocean floor. However, the fish or other sea creatures make no comment on this - perhaps because generations of sea creatures have already lived with these conditions and are used to human garbage being part of their lives - but it`s enough to grab the viewers attention and raise awareness of the state of the world`s oceans and remind us that we need to take care of the planet`s bodies of water.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Previous

Return to The Den