SPOILERS! Finding Dory opinions

SPOILERS! Finding Dory opinions

Postby gothprincesskiara » June 23rd, 2016, 3:42 pm

ok so I want to make this for those who have seen the movie FD, and because I am lost as what to think about the message behind it, there are actually 2 messages behind it, one having a disability and 2 marine life being kept in captivity, now this discussion can be for both, but what I want to discuss is the marine in captivity part, cause I dont know what to think when it comes to that. Let me explain by starting out by saying that I want to be a animal conservationist meaning I want to help save wildlife from becoming anymore extinct just by making a difference in the world. and while being in college, working at a zoo is just in the cloude in my head out of the other possibility im looking at for getting a job relating to wildlife, ANYWAY this all comes down to, what are your thought s on animals being kept in captivity? cause someone at the Disney store said to wait after the credits and I did, and what I saw happened is a message saying that when they say rescue Rehabilitate then release never actually ends up getting released, which I dont find to be true at all. see I dont know what to think behind all this. I love going to the zoo and I LOVED going to seaworld, I grew up going to sea world, but now after all that happened with seaworld and there changes and now after seeing FInding Dory, I dont know what to think anymore.

my other reaction to the movie is I really think I liked the first one better, because this one there was alot of impossible chaos happening, I feel that it was out of balance compared to the first one. the fact that in the end all those fish end of getting dumped back into the sea is just waaaay too fare out there, I feel as Dory suddenly got overly too smart for her own good, I dont know, I am hoping I can get a chance to see it again cause I had a hard time processing alot of it so I hope a second time might making me feel better. Lastsy it didn't seem funny enough like the last one as I hoped it would.
Last edited by gothprincesskiara on June 23rd, 2016, 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Re: SPOILERS! Finding Dory opinions

Postby Ninaroja » June 23rd, 2016, 3:44 pm

Moving to Disney sub-forum

~Ninaroja
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby gothprincesskiara » June 23rd, 2016, 5:57 pm

sorry, I didnt see this subject area before, but thanks

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
gothprincesskiara

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby TheLionPrince » June 26th, 2016, 3:24 am

To tell you the truth, I have no problem with animals in captivity. In actuality, most animals in captivity actually live longer than their counterparts living in the wild expect for wild elephants that I have read in some reports. Keeping them in captivity can help the animals to reproduce and hopefully repopulate an endangered species. However, one side effect is that some animals can develop abnormal behaviors and if they are not properly secured, they can potentially hurt, injure, or kill someone. As for what happened at SeaWorld, it was despicable but I cannot say it represents everything in the animal captivity industry.

As for disabilities, this film was very respectful on that subject. You may have noticed Dory, Nemo, and a few of the characters all have them. Nemo has a shorter fin because of the barracuda attack that killed his mother and his hundred of siblings, but he and Marlin turn it around and call it "his lucky fin". Dory, as we all know, has short-term memory loss. Destiny is short-sighted, Bailey has problems with his sonar senses, and Hank lost one of his arms. Nevertheless, all of those characters used their abilities (or lack thereof) to help Dory and the fish in some way.

Lastly, I liked Finding Dory, but Nemo had more heart, warmth, and clever and emotional writing. The character animation of the original characters still look noticeably the same despite the improvement of computer animation since the original film's release. I was little disappointed we didn't see Bruce and the sharks in a cameo, but it was not needed for the story.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby gothprincesskiara » June 26th, 2016, 4:17 am

I just cant get over this, its killing me as a Disney fan. :dramaqueen:

How can you stay a fan of Dory who does well in the first film but does awful in the second film? Im like torn over how upset I am of the not so good seaqual :sad: , that how do I go on being a Dory fan whos not the same as the first movie, help me out, I just cant get over this, im like literally having a hard time moving on without some opinion and advice in this. I like need some fan comfort or something :sosorry:

gothprincesskiara

Postby moonsugar33 » June 26th, 2016, 6:19 am

I thought the hyper-cute baby Dory was a little bit of a strange choice, but not the worst. I also thought during the movie that there were a couple too many flashbacks, cheapening the effect and importance of them.

It did a really good job of communicating the emotions of the characters, though. I've been in the same panicky situations as Dory on occasion and it hit really close to home.
moonsugar33

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 9

Postby Squeely » June 26th, 2016, 9:45 pm

I thought this was an amazing film, as well as a great progression of Dory's character. But holy hell, I expected maybe one heart-wrenching scene out of a Pixar film, not something that would make me cry and cry and cry some more.

I give it so many tears/10.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Timon the great » July 6th, 2016, 6:14 am

Since this was a film that was definitely on my watch list since I first heard on a clip from Ellen Degenres' show that Andrew Stanton was finally gonna give Dory her own film a few years ago (and I use to like Dory a ton around the time the original film of Finding Nemo came out), I was able to see it earlier today or now yesterday in my time. And I definitely have to say that it was better than the original and a product of Pixar keeping to their statement that they will not sequelize their original works unless the sequel idea is just as good or better than the original.

As a fan of Dory and the original film of Finding Nemo, I'm glad that Stanton took the time to develop this film in keeping the formula of his original. And especially developing Dory's character on this film of her own as the protagonist, in the way it should be for her (regardless of her memory problems).

At the beginning of the film, it didn't look so much like this. But it was great to see how Dory's character becomes more definitive and relatable as the film went on. And it was beautiful in the moment when she finally reunites with her parents. This is also probably one of the most emotional animated character / protagonist moments I've ever seen now, as I was also touched by it. It was also really good to see how much she really cherishes Marlin and Nemo as part of her family closer to the end of this film, and especially on that part before she leaves them temporarily to reunite with her parents.

Overall, it is the best CG animated film I've seen in years now (just above Zootopia), and I pretty much love every moment of it that I saw (even though I was a bit fatigued today, so not all of the scenes are fresh anymore right now in my brain). The storyline also seems to be more well developed than the original was as I do still remember how the first movie goes. And the music was also better in my view than the original.

The only thing that was weird to me on the film is Dory's appearance when she's very young like at the very beginning because her eyes are practically bigger than the rest of her body and just seems so alien to me as an original fan of her from FN. But her adult appearance is great to me (as usual), and even a little more appealing than how she looks on the original film. Which was to be expected on this film, but isn't bad to me of course.

I may go and see this film again before it's taken out of theaters. But it really is a good film, and especially for Dory (similar to how LK 1 1/2 is for Timon). And people clapping in the theater room when it ended is a good testament to this.
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby gothprincesskiara » July 6th, 2016, 3:19 pm

did any of you stay at the end of the credits to see the last bit? ;) I did not like how it ended though it sucks

gothprincesskiara

Postby Timon the great » July 6th, 2016, 5:25 pm

^ Was there an Easter egg at the very end of it? I wanted to stay until the very end to see if there was just like I saw in the first film. But my mother kept wanting to leave.. Image
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Next

Return to The Den