In your opinion, what are the BEST Disney Sequels?

Re: In your opinion, what are the BEST Disney Sequels?

Postby PridelandsPhantom » September 7th, 2016, 6:00 am

Not all Disney sequels are bad, it just depends on which ones we're looking at.

Lady and the Tramp II Scamp's Adventure: Scamp already had his own comic series before this movie came out and I found it to be enjoyable and in the same vein as Lady and the Tramp. It focuses on Tramp being a house dog with a rowdy son who thinks he wants to be "footloose and collar free." I found it maintained much of the spirit of the original Lady and the Tramp and I love Angel and Buster as characters and getting a bit of Tramp's past is interesting.

The Rescuers Down Under: I love this one more than the original especially Jake. What can I say he's Aussie, suave, and brave. I love the eagle and Cody a lot in this one and it's a beautiful film. I connect with it much more than the original and I love Bernard's character development.

Patch's London Adventure: I actually enjoyed this one because it really is a nice side adventure to the original 101 Dalmatians. This takes off on the show the dogs watching the original with Thunderbolt and I thought having Little Lightning be the real bad guy and of course Cruella come back to be entertaining.

Bambi II: I like this one a lot because of the development between Bambi and the Great Prince. I love Patrick Stewart as the Prince who goes from reluctantly caring for a son to loving him and learning to have fun and live life again really. Bambi, Thumper, and Flower are entertaining in this one and I love to see how Bambi grows up. Ronno was an interesting character for sure and Faline is a good leading lady for Bambi.

Atlantis Milo's Return: I might be in the minority who love Atlantis the Lost Empire, but I adore the movie! I think it's highly underrated and a fantastic film. I like the sequel because it explores the relationship between Milo and Kida (so many shipper moments) and most of the original cast is back. It also looks into Kida being queen (she was queen before Elsa) and her reign as well as coming to terms with some of the things her father did as king. Good sequel, my only gripe is Michael J. Fox isn't voicing Milo. I love Audrey and her spunk and Vinnie is just so funny.

Brother Bear 2: I'm probably also in the minority who enjoyed Brother Bear, but I liked the sequel where Kenai gets to be with Nita as a bear and it's interesting to see how their childhood friendship evolved into a relationship as well as how his caring for Koda has changed him.

Fox and the Hound 2: This isn't really a sequel but midquel if you will between the time Copper leaves to hunt and become a dog and Tod into a fox. I like seeing the Singing Strays and I love Dixie and Cash. I also like to see that Tod and Copper's friendship is being tested but comes back stronger than ever. I also like Chief and think it's a cute film.

I also liked Aladdin and the King of Thieves especially Aladdin seeing his father and hey Robin Williams is back as Genie, so much better! :)
Simba's Pride goes without saying.
Dog Mom to Misty, Sango, Tami, Abby, and Kawaii. :)
Three Angel Babies at the Rainbow Bridge: Mija, London, and Olga :cry:
PridelandsPhantom
Kion is My Waifu!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Disney Fan and Lioness at Heart

Nickname(s): Mako, Dog Mom, Alex, Jessi
Pride Points: 12

Previous

Return to The Den