Disney Parks

Disney Parks

Postby FlipMode » November 9th, 2016, 2:39 am

Hey! I go to Disney parks around the World semi frequently and wanted to share some of my travels with you guys, a lot of you have me on Facebook and have possibly already seen a lot of the stuff I've put on there from Disneyland Paris marathon weekend as well as the trip to WDW this May.
I was going to be going back to WDW for Christmas this year but ended up delaying the trip a week so that I could attend marathon weekend instead. Going for Dopey challenge that week, 5K, 10K, half and full marathon over four consecutive days. Training is going relatively well and yeah, get to run around Disney parks.

So yeah, share your favourite pictures, stories, attractions, parades, tips, favourite places to eat... Anything that's related to Disney Parks at all.
If the thread gets too messy then we will split into different threads for WDW, Disneyland Paris, Disneyland, Toky Disney and Shanghai Disney etc. But for now I think just keeping it all in one general thread should be fine :)

image.jpeg
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Re: Disney Parks

Postby Mikokat » November 9th, 2016, 10:16 am

I became an Annual Passholder at Disneyland in California three years ago, and I've logged 147 park visits since then! I've only been to Walt Disney World once and that was in 2004, though I plan to go again in early 2018!
https://www.mylionking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&p=1439503#p1439503
Mikokat

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My username is not red nor green

Telegram: @Mikokat
Pride Points: 12

Postby FlipMode » November 9th, 2016, 10:33 am

[quote="Mikokat"]I became an Annual Passholder at Disneyland in California three years ago, and I've logged 147 park visits since then! I've only been to Walt Disney World once and that was in 2004, though I plan to go again in early 2018![/quote]

Nice! Definitely want to go to Disneyland at some point next year, they're both an eight hour flight away from me anyway but WDW is slightly easier for me to get to. Good ol' magical express :D
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Mikokat » November 11th, 2016, 12:45 pm

Disneyland has the Disneyland Resort Express! It's just like Magical Express, except it's operated by Southern California Gray Line in contract with the Disneyland Resort. It'll take you to any one of the three Disneyland Resort Hotels (Grand Californian, Disneyland Hotel, and Paradise Pier) and to other hotels in the surrounding area. Tickets to ride have to be purchased through Southern California Gray Line and can be purchased online or you can pay in person on board the bus. It runs from both Los Angeles International and John Wayne/Orange County Airports!

Would you believe Disneyland has MORE attractions than Magic Kingdom, despite its smaller size? You definitely get more bang for you buck out here on the West Coast! Plus, it literally takes two minutes to hop between Disneyland and Disney California Adventure. I've been able to hit every major ride in both parks in one day, plus catch both Fantasmic! (Currently on hiatus due to Star Wars Land construction) and World of Color. Sad to see our version of the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror go though...we'll see how Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout! plays out. There's a lot of outcry on the internet about it, but I'm trying to keep an open mind and will reserve judgement until I experience the new attraction in May.

One thing I'm dead set on doing one of these days (Maybe very soon!) is to hit every Disney theme park in the US in one day! The rules are that I'd have to hit E-Ticket attraction in each park that is unique to that park and can't be found at any other Disney theme park in the world. I've decided the attractions I'll be hitting are, in this specific order:

Magic Kingdom - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
Epcot - Frozen Ever After
Animal Kingdom - Expedition Everest
Hollywood Studios - Rock n Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
Disney California Adventure - Radiator Springs Racers
Disneyland Park - Matterhorn Bobsleds

What do you think?
https://www.mylionking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&p=1439503#p1439503
Mikokat

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My username is not red nor green

Telegram: @Mikokat
Pride Points: 12

Postby FlipMode » November 11th, 2016, 6:56 pm

Oh that's good to know. I'll have to do some research into Disneyland CA, because it is the original and I think I want to visit that one before I do the Asia ones.
I'll set a goal now; if I don't spend too much at WDW in January then I can go visit CA Disney in March :D

That tour sounds so fun! Although you'd be missing the two water parks at WDW if you're not counting them.
You'll need to try and get fastpasses for both 7 dwarfs mine train, I was there in May and the only times the stand by line wasn't at least two hours long was during parades or the fireworks, but if you're there for rope drop and go right to it, its about 10=15 mins and Frozen Ever After.... Good luck with that!

I'd also switch Rocknrollercoaster from Hollywood Studios as well because they have that at Disneyland Paris ;)
FlipMode

Postby Elton John » November 11th, 2016, 6:58 pm

To anyone who has been to tokyo disneyland, is it English speaker friendly?
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Tsuki » November 11th, 2016, 7:07 pm

^ To my knowledge they do speak basic english. I can teach you a few helpful phrases though if you are thinking of going :).

And I will update this with my favourite parks later :lol:.
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 88

Postby FlipMode » November 11th, 2016, 7:14 pm

[quote="The Lionvengers"]To anyone who has been to tokyo disneyland, is it English speaker friendly?[/quote]

I haven't been... Yet... But I would imagine it'll be like Disneyland Paris where they will speak some English and maybe they will have two showtimes, one for English, so you go to that one. Although hearing Mickey and Donald in French was worth it! :D
FlipMode

Postby Elton John » November 11th, 2016, 8:24 pm

I want to go to Japan after I graduate and before I begin working a job.

Sure you can Tsuki, i'll let you know when I have a solid plan. Hearing Donald and Mickey in French sounds...interesting :D
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Tsuki » November 11th, 2016, 8:50 pm

^ Sounds good! Japan is still on my to-do list :lol:.

Yes...French Mickey was...interesting :P
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 88

Next

Return to The Den