Who Wants to Be a Disney Millionaire?

Who Wants to Be a Disney Millionaire?

Postby Mikokat » November 9th, 2016, 9:18 pm

So today I've decided to revive something I started way back in 2007 and ran until 2009 on both here and TLKPF. I used to host a Lion King version of the popular game show Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? Not only that, but recently-returned member Amanda also hosted after I turned the reins over to her for a while! Well, I think it's time for a reboot, except this new version will incorporate all things Disney (Simply because after about two years, I started running out of Lion King-related material)! So "Be Prepared" to answer questions regarding Disney television shows, films, theme parks, or anything else Disney-related. Are you ready? Here are the rules:

The Fastest Finger has been eliminated! All you have to do now is be the first person to say that you are going to be the next player and you are in the Hotseat! Please remember that your "I want to play" post only counts when you are posting immediately AFTER someone else's game has ended. Posts in the middle of someone else's game do not count!

You will then have to answer fifteen questions to get to one million dollars. The dollar amounts go as follows:

1. $100
2. $200
3. $300
4. $500
5. 1,000
6. $2,000
7. $4,000
8. $8,000
9. $16,000
10. $25,000
11. $50,000
12. $100,000
13. $250,000
14. $500,000
15. $1,000,000

Dollar amounts in bold represent a milestone. Once you have reached one of those milestones, you are guaranteed to leave with at least that amount of money.

Remember, no actual prizes or money are awarded!

A question will go as followed in this example, followed by four answers in which to choose from. One answer will be correct, the others will be incorrect. Example:

What is the name of the current President of the United States?

A. Bill Clinton
B. Barack Obama
C. Jimmy Carter
D. Richard Nixon

A response should be made in the following manner:

B. Barack Obama, final answer.

I will then tell you whether or not the answer is right or wrong. If you get one wrong answer on any question, your game is over and your money amount drops to the last milestone you achieved (The sole exception when the Double Dip lifeline is being used, see below). There is a time limit to how long you can take to answer a question. A question must be answered within 24 hours of the question being posted. Failure to answer within 24 hours will result in elimination of the playing contestant and a the hotseat being opened to the next contestant. If for some reason you know that you will be on vacation or unable to respond to a question within 24 hours, it is suggested that you do not play. For the sake of a fair game, please do not go searching the internet for an answer while playing the game.

You will have four lifelines in the game, which will allow help if you get stuck with a question. They are:

Ask A Pride Member - You are allowed to state the name of another member of the forums to help you out if you get stuck. I will private message that member and request that they help you with the question. They will then have to post their answer here on the boards within 24 hours of my private message to them. You will then have the choice to agree or disagree with your pride member's answer. If you choose to disagree, the lifeline will not be returned to you. If a Pride Member refuses to help or does not respond within 24 hours of my message, the lifeline shall not be taken away.

50:50 - Two wrong answers will be removed from the question, leaving the correct answer and one wrong answer. The correct answer is never removed.

Switch the Question - This lifeline allows the player to change the question entirely should they not know the answer to a question.

Double Dip - This lifeline allows you to answer a question twice. This lifeline will be used automatically if you answer wrong for the first time. If you answer wrong again on the same or another question, your game is over. This lifeline can be used in conjunction with the 50:50, creating a scenario in which the correct answer is the only available option. The Double Dip is only available after a player has passed the $25,000 milestone.

The 24 hour contestant response limit will reset itself to when either the modified question is posted or when the Pride Member summoned to help posts their answer in the thread.

If you so choose, you have to option to walk out of the game with the money you have already if you think that you cannot answer a question. This is recommended only as a last resort if you use up all of your lifelines and you do not have any idea what the answer is.

Once a contestant's game has begun, we ask that other users do not interfere (This means no answering for the contestant, no cheering, no saying "I know the answer," and especially no asking to play in the middle of someone else's game).

Contestants who have previously played Millionaire must wait a certain length of time before trying again. Wait lengths are based on amounts won on a contestant's most recent game and are as follows:

$0-$500: Contestant will be eligible to play again after another contestant has completed their game.
$1,000-$16,000: Contestant must wait three months before playing again.
$25,000-$1,000,000: Contestant must wait six months before playing again.

Wait lengths begin on the day a contestant's game ends.

Portions of the host's posts not affecting the outcome of the game may be edited for grammatical, clerical, or other game format reasons. (I.E. Adding a list of available lifelines to each question)

Any and all pride members, from admins to regulars and from longtime members to new cubs are welcome to try their luck and play Disney Millionaire!

OUR HALL OF FAME

Here is a list of previous players of Who Wants to Be a Lion King Millionaire? that have achieved high dollar amounts on both TLKPF and MLK!

TeenSimba: $1,000,000 (TLKPF)
Katelyn-23: $25,000 (TLKPF)
KiarasMate: $25,000 (TLKPF)
SimbaKovu: $1,000,000 (TLKPF)
Zack: $1,000,000 (TLKPF)
Jagabor: $1,000,000 (TLKPF)
Morri908: $1,000,000 (MLK)
KingKivuli: $1,000,000 (MLK)
KiarasMate: $250,000 (TLKPF)

Here is a list of previous players of Who Wants to Be a Disney Millionaire? that have achieved high dollar amounts!

LionKingView: $500,000
TheLionPrince: $25,000
MalibuTrashDog: $25,000

---------------------------------------------------------

Alright, now that the rules are out of the way, let's post our first fastest-finger question!

Put the following Disney theme parks in the order of their opening date:

A. Disneyland Park, Anaheim, California
B. Tokyo Disneyland
C. Magic Kingdom Park, Walt Disney World, Orlando, Florida
D. Disneyland Paris
Last edited by Mikokat on January 15th, 2017, 11:16 am, edited 15 times in total.
https://www.mylionking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&p=1439503#p1439503
Mikokat

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My username is not red nor green

Telegram: @Mikokat
Pride Points: 12

Re: Who Wants to Be a Disney Millionaire?

Postby FlipMode » November 9th, 2016, 9:52 pm

A
C
B
D
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Mikokat » November 9th, 2016, 10:41 pm

That is correct, congratulations to our very first contestant, Flip FTW! Please take a moment to look over the rules in the first post in this topic. Now that you've done so, you know the rules, you know the lifelines, so let's play Millionaire!

For $100:

The song "Let It Go" by Idina Menzel is from what Disney animated film?

A. Frozen
B. Tangled
C. Brave
D. The Room

Available lifelines:

Ask a Pride Member
50:50
Switch the Question
Double Dip (Not yet available)
Last edited by Mikokat on November 10th, 2016, 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mikokat

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FlipMode » November 10th, 2016, 1:24 am

A: Frozen. Final answer
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Mikokat » November 10th, 2016, 4:43 am

Frozen is correct! For $200:

Robin Williams voiced which character in Aladdin?

A. Aladdin
B. Jasmine
C. Genie
D. Jafar

Available lifelines:

Ask a Pride Member
Switch the Question
Mikokat

Postby FlipMode » November 11th, 2016, 10:52 am

C. Genie. Final answer

( Stayed off MLK most of yesterday because of all the politics discussions, I'll check the thread more frequently going forward)
FlipMode

Postby Mikokat » November 11th, 2016, 12:12 pm

Your answer is correct! I totally get what you mean, I tended to shy away from the discussions myself. Political debates tend to give me anxiety, so I try to avoid them, you know?

Alright, moving forward! For $300:

Which of the following lands is the first land you encounter upon entering Disneyland in California through its main entrance?

A. Main Street U.S.A.
B. Mickey Avenue
C. New Orleans Square
D. Star Wars Land

Available lifelines:

Ask a Pride Member
Switch the Question
Mikokat

Postby FlipMode » November 11th, 2016, 7:06 pm

I know Star Wars Land is under construction...
Ah man, the park I know the least about xD don't want to use a lifeline this early either...
I'm going to assume its the same as both DLP and WDW and say: A. Main Street US. Final Answer
FlipMode

Postby Mikokat » November 11th, 2016, 9:37 pm

Main Street U.S.A. is correct! You're off to a great start! For $500:

Complete the song lyric: "When you wish upon a _____, makes no difference who you _____."

A. Planet, ran it
B. Moon, swoon
C. Star, are
D. Comet, on it

Available lifelines:

Ask a Pride Member
Switch the Question
Mikokat

Postby FlipMode » November 12th, 2016, 12:26 am

C. Star, are
FlipMode

Next

Return to The Den