Hunchback of Notre Dame on Broadway!

Hunchback of Notre Dame on Broadway!

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » December 2nd, 2016, 5:38 pm

This is some really exciting stuff for fans of HoND - probably one of the most underrated Disney films of all time. Someone uploaded a full video of the musical to Youtube,god bless them.

After watching it, I have quite a few thoughts. Firstly, it was cool how they stuck closer to the book in a number of senses. However, this did mean Frollo's character was toned down which is a huge shame because to me he's meant to be very intimidating. Also, Phoebus is given a bit more character (yay!), which is awesome because he never really had much of a personality in the film. Everyone's performance is amazing which is a huge relief (apart from maybe Clopin).

Fans of HoND, give it a watch and let me know what you think!
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm getting there, one clumsy step at a time

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 149

Re: Hunchback of Notre Dame on Broadway!

Postby FlipMode » December 3rd, 2016, 1:57 am

It still makes me sad how under appreciated the Disney movie is. It's a serious contender for my favourite Disney movie ever and I'm fact depending on which day you ask me I would tell you that it is my favourite.
Meanwhile onto the actual musical itself; the performers were top notch, I honestly think that they were better at times than in the Disney movie, it'd be awesome to hear them in clear audio or even live in person, I especially thought Out There, Heaven's Light and God Help The Outcasts were exceptiosnlly good! And the stage transition between scenes was great too, the change between Heavens Light and Hellfire was very well done.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Re: Hunchback of Notre Dame on Broadway!

Postby HasiraKali » December 5th, 2016, 11:52 pm

There's an official cast recording available of this. It's very good. And this is actually the La Jolla version in San Diego. It was a pre-Broadway try out that, alas, never really resulted in much afterwards. They did move the production to the Paper Mill which is the cast that did the official recording.
We are so much more complicated than our names.
If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.
Lea Halalela Lion King Forums
HasiraKali

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Disney Dreamin'...

Nickname(s): Manda
Pride Points: 24

Return to The Den