It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Re: It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Postby Elton John » July 31st, 2017, 9:48 pm

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheBeyHiveTe ... 4772155392

I'm not sure what to think of this. Beyonce producing new African inspired music for the lion king as well as voicing Nala?

I'm not into modern pop but her music is at least tolerable.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Panpardus » August 3rd, 2017, 7:46 pm

This actually doesn't seem too bad; Beyoncé's still far from my first pick for Nala (though I'm not opposed to it) but her producing the music intrigues me enough to warrant a listen to the soundtrack. She's been pretty on-track lately to doing a full-blown African-influenced musical project - her more recent stuff in this vein (mostly West African and Creole-influenced) was critically acclaimed and produced a lot of interesting think pieces - so this seems like a natural extension of that. Plus, with her clout I'm sure she'll at least be able to pull a lot of African artists to work on this project herself (which she's done with her aforementioned more recent post-Lemonade albums) so I'm actually more looking forward to this than her actual character voiceover work.

Also, Chiwetel Ejiofor (another Nigerian British actor who you might know from 12 Years A Slave and Doctor Strange) is officially in talks to play Scar: http://www.thewrap.com/chiwetel-ejiofor ... exclusive/
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby Elton John » August 3rd, 2017, 10:12 pm

I like that choice for scar.

So far there hasn't really been a flub in the voice casting, plus a bunch of unorthodox choices that might prove to be in the movies favor.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Squeely » August 6th, 2017, 8:33 am

While I'm not overly-familiar with Beyonce's music, I have heard some songs, and think her style will definitely add some freshness to TLK's score. I'm sure she'll do fine as Nala as far as acting goes, though I do hope they give her Shadowland or write a new equivalent song for Nala. It seems like a waste to cast Beyonce and not give her a nice big breakout song. CYFtLT only offers Nala a bit of singing. Plus, Shadowland/equivalent would go a long way towards giving Nala and the other lionesses more characterization.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Panpardus » August 6th, 2017, 11:31 pm

[quote="Squeely"]While I'm not overly-familiar with Beyonce's music, I have heard some songs, and think her style will definitely add some freshness to TLK's score. I'm sure she'll do fine as Nala as far as acting goes, though I do hope they give her Shadowland or write a new equivalent song for Nala. It seems like a waste to cast Beyonce and not give her a nice big breakout song. CYFtLT only offers Nala a bit of singing. Plus, Shadowland/equivalent would go a long way towards giving Nala and the other lionesses more characterization.[/quote]

If nothing else, Beyoncé performing "Shadowland" would send chills down my spine. I'm still curious if they'll have all the songs be voiceovers (kind of like how "Circle of Life" and "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" are) or if the characters will actually be singing; "Shadowland" feels like a voiceover song regardless.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SimbaSam » August 7th, 2017, 12:00 am

I think I'll find all of this an interesting "take" on Lion King rather than a full blown remake haha I'm curious as to how it will all come together and I think it'll be cool in its own way. Glover and Bey are always enjoyable. Call me old fashioned but I feel like it's allot of the original animation that made Lion King so enthralling...the kinda stuff hat influences all that great fan art
Simba's Brother Image
Signature and avatar by TheLionQueen, They're awesome!
SimbaSam

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): SB
Pride Points: 7

Postby Elton John » August 7th, 2017, 9:28 pm

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... ie-1027011

Looks like we have our Sarabi!

(I have no idea who she is)

http://heroichollywood.com/lion-king-re ... ni-rafiki/

It seems like we have our Rafiki as well!
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby TheLionPrince » August 8th, 2017, 4:58 am

Yeah, I partially called it. I knew either Alfre Woodward or Viola Davis should voice Sarabi. And Black Panther's father, King T'Chaka, from Captain America: Civil War is voicing Rafiki.

It looks like Beyoncé is coming close to inking the deal to voice Nala and co-producing the soundtrack.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Panpardus » August 8th, 2017, 7:31 am

Ooh, nice casting; our pride is really fleshing out!

Alfre Woodard is a solid (if predictable) pick for Sarabi. I hope they give her a slightly larger speaking role, for what it's worth.

I wouldn't have imagined John Kani playing Rafiki, but nice. He's a legend in South African theater, and a great storyteller both on- and off-screen. I love hearing him speak; I highly suggest looking up interviews he's done just because he's a joy to listen to as he philosophizes and recounts history. Nice to see some Black Panther/Lion King crossover!
Panpardus

Postby gothprincesskiara » August 8th, 2017, 4:24 pm

There seems to be more black casting then last time, I like it, I think it better this way.
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King (2019)