It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Re: It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Postby Elton John » February 21st, 2018, 1:51 am

the least favorite song? :cry:

I think it’s the best song in movie.....
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Panpardus » February 21st, 2018, 6:17 pm

If they're indeed dropping "Be Prepared", I can understand why. It's one of the more showtunes-y pieces, and a big part of that musical number is the spontaneously on-cue volcanic activity and goose stepping hyena imagery, which I suppose they figured wouldn't translate well into a more realistic looking format. (Granted, "I Just Can't Wait to be King" does the same thing, but you can still whittle down the onscreen activity to keep it visually engaging and playful while still being realistic - plus, you have J.D. McCrary, so you have to use his singing too.) I can see them keeping "Be Prepared" as a sort of Easter Egg in the score.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby gothprincesskiara » February 21st, 2018, 11:39 pm

I was telling my class mate friends about this and they thought it could be it was because of the whole nazi issue, I thought that too earlier, but again thats just something else they could have changed.
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Elton John » March 5th, 2018, 8:51 pm

http://hollywoodlife.com/2018/03/04/elt ... interview/

Is the new song with Beyonce going to be in the movie, in the credits, or possibly both? I think i’d prefer the new song in the movie and having Beyonce sing Eltons version of ‘can you feel the love tonight’ in the credits.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Panpardus » March 5th, 2018, 9:27 pm

I remember reading that it's going to be at least an end-credits song.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby TheLionPrince » March 6th, 2018, 8:23 pm

[quote="Elton John"]http://hollywoodlife.com/2018/03/04/elton-john-beyonce-lion-king-music-interview/

Is the new song with Beyonce going to be in the movie, in the credits, or possibly both? I think i’d prefer the new song in the movie and having Beyonce sing Eltons version of ‘can you feel the love tonight’ in the credits.[/quote]

Nothing new. It's been confirmed that it will be a new song and played during the end-credits.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Elton John » March 9th, 2018, 10:51 am

http://splitsider.com/2018/03/john-oliv ... ight-show/

john oliver talks about his role as zazu a little.

also there’s some cursing in the video but it’s mostly censored.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby zerodix » April 2nd, 2018, 5:12 pm

good to see some new info! there are a lot of fake "fan made" trailers on youtube, makers claiming those to be real but they are in fact compiles of stolen footage from movies like cgi jungle book and narnia. horrible people that procreate lies into our universe. i am of course curious towards new footage and the new music.
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby Elton John » April 11th, 2018, 1:25 pm

https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2018/04/ ... sequences/

the remake will include imax cameras for certain scenes.

i’m guessing it will be for the wildebeast stampede scene.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby DGFone » April 12th, 2018, 3:48 am

So here is something I don't get: the movie is going to be 99.99%, if not 100% CGI. Why talk about IMAX cameras? I know it's "great" for marketing, but it's also completely wrong since there's no actual cameras required to film anything.

Just ask Pixar what kind of cameras they use, and you would get blank stares back.

Unless I have it all wrong and there will be human actors in there.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King (2019)