It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Re: It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Postby Elton John » April 12th, 2018, 3:54 am

I really have no clue.

i’m assuming that making a photorealistic cgi movie is a bit different from making a more toony cgi movie.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby TheLionPrince » April 12th, 2018, 5:14 am

It won't be the first time The Lion King was formatted into IMAX.

[quote="MSN"]I'm also thrilled to announce that Disney's Lion King, which comes out in July of 2019 and is directed by our longtime partner, Jon Favreau, will feature roughly 30 minutes of key sequences in our aspect ratio. And lastly, I'm excited to announce that Wonder Woman 2, which comes out in the second half of 2019, will be shot with IMAX film cameras in select sequences. This Warner Brothers DC production, the sequel of the global juggernaut from 2017, is directed by Patti Jenkins and produced by Chuck Roven and Rebecca Oakley Roven. And we couldn't be more excited that IMAX has been chosen to be a part of the film's design.[/quote]

From what I can articulate, sequences will be formatted into an aspect ratio that is used with IMAX that displays more image than what you would normally get with a standard widescreen aspect ratio.

BP_AspectRatio.jpg
BP_AspectRatio.jpg (61.34 KiB) Viewed 2771 times
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Elton John » April 14th, 2018, 2:33 pm

https://movieweb.com/lion-king-seth-rog ... -williams/

oh god I hope they either get a replacement singer or keep his singing in (but stay away from autotune).

If someone can’t sing they have no business being in a singing role. but keeping their part is still better than using autotune. the beauty and the beast remake relied heavily on it and suffered for it.

i mean they replaced broderick and moira kelly and jtt and niketa calame for the singing bits in the original so why would seth rogan get special treatment?
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Panpardus » April 15th, 2018, 8:13 pm

That sounds rough, and this isn't helping my liking Seth Rogan in this role much. I'm still very confused as to why they didn't get Ernie Sabella back; clearly he's the most dedicated original surviving cast member, and I was sure if they brought back anybody it would be him.

(Admittedly, I do kinda wish we could get a clip of Pharrell Williams having a conniption trying to get Seth Rogan to carry a tune.)
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby Elton John » April 19th, 2018, 5:49 pm

I tweeted Jon Favreau about the remake footage.

I doubt i’ll get a response but there’s that 1% chance that he might respond!

I found a better article about Seth Rogan singing Hakuna Matata.

http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2018 ... -lion-king

It seems that his singing, in the end, isn’t the disaster some articles have claimed.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Elton John » April 22nd, 2018, 2:14 pm

My problem with people hating on Beyonce as Nala is that they’re writing her off based on a movie that came out half a decade ago.

It reminds me of when Ben Affleck was announced as Batman. People were angry at this because 15-20 years ago he was considered a bad actor. Now he’s considered to be at the very least one of the best parts of the DCEU and a competent director.

Beyonces is not known for being an actor. The Russo Bros were known as comedy directors before they tackled what is considered to be one of the best Marvel movies, Captain America The Winter Soldier and have directed 3 marvel movies since.

I think it’s ok to hate Beyonces performance as Nala after we actually get to hear it. But until then the hate she’s getting is silly.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Elton John » April 24th, 2018, 8:41 pm

footage was shown again at cinemacon

here’s hoping it goes public this time!
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby le0 » April 25th, 2018, 5:04 am

Hope its not bad. Only so much I can take.
le0

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Jonas
Pride Points: 15

Postby Panpardus » April 25th, 2018, 1:59 pm

[quote="Elton John"]footage was shown again at cinemacon

here’s hoping it goes public this time![/quote]

When was Cinemacon? I kinda don't want to see any footage until the movie comes out (or at least not until a proper trailer is released) but at the same time...
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby Elton John » April 25th, 2018, 2:10 pm

Yesterday.

and why the f*** would disney c***tease legit fans of the franchise by showing the footage at three conventions but not to the public?

It makes me a bit livid.
Elton John
I’m with you

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King (2019)