[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake. — My Lion King Forum

It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Re: It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Postby Squeely » August 16th, 2017, 10:07 am

Solid choices for Sarabi and Rafiki! Cast is looking great thus far.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Panpardus » September 12th, 2017, 1:28 am

Not news, but I just realized that Tichina Arnold - you might know her as the mother from Everybody Hates Chris, among many other shows and films since the '80s; she was actually one of the child extras in Little Shop of Horrors - would be a great choice for Shenzi if they're looking for a contemporary actor with a Whoopi-esque vibe if they're not going to bring Whoopi herself back.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby Panpardus » November 2nd, 2017, 4:27 am

Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Captain Cupcake » November 2nd, 2017, 4:44 am

https://screenrant.com/disney-lion-king ... -composer/

[quote]Disney’s live-action remake of The Lion King is bringing back another familiar component for fans of the animated classic, with Hans Zimmer set to compose the score. The Mouse House has kicked off a trend of combing through their animated library of classics and giving them the live-action adaptation that is now possible with advances in technology. Jon Favreau broke ground with the nearly complete CGI remake of The Jungle Book, and the $1 billion hit gave Disney every reason to feel comfortable handing the Iron Man director the reigns for the remake of one of their most beloved films.

Lion King isn’t set to hit theaters until the summer of 2019, but this year has been filled with reports of the cast expanding. The entire Lion King cast has now been confirmed, and more official word on the remake is starting to surface. Not only did Disney bring back James Earl Jones to voice Mufasa, but they’re also bringing back Hans Zimmer and his memorable score.
Disney confirmed the Oscar-winning composer will be back in an official press release. Zimmer is responsible for several iconic and easy to pick out scores, so it is no surprise he is coming back for the live-action tale. Considering how well-known his original themes – like ‘This Land,’ ‘…To Die For,’ ‘Under the Stars,’ and ‘King of Pride Rock’ – are, it will be expected that they are featured again, along with presumably a few other new themes.

Zimmer’s score is one piece to The Lion King‘s renowned soundtrack, and rumor has it Beyoncé will do the soundtrack this time around. The combination of Beyoncé and Zimmer would be a formidable pairing and would all but guarantee The Lion King will sound incredible, along with having stunning visuals. Both parties should have creative freedom to add new moments for the live-action take, but the D23 footage also guarantees Favreau is looking to stick close to the original material when possible.

All around, Disney has assembled an all-star team to bring The Lion King to life on the big screen in a brand new way. Favreau is one of the top directors working, and he’s got a cast list that could rival any film out there. The addition of Zimmer is just another reason to get excited for Disney’s upcoming remake. The pieces are in place for a truly great film (that could rival the original), now it’s just up to Favreau and company to deliver on these lofty expectations.[/quote]
Captain Cupcake
Hnnng...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

HNNNGGGG!!!

Nickname(s): Master
Pride Points: 11

Postby Panpardus » November 2nd, 2017, 5:14 am

Oh, this is good news. I wonder if they'll bring back Lebo M., too, or maybe someone else to fill that role.

*crosses fingers for someone like Hugh Masekela*
Panpardus

Postby Gaze » November 4th, 2017, 12:45 am

really interesting that Banzai and Ed were renamed! I wanna hear more about why that choice was made. particularly for Banzai. no complaints though....I'm actually glad Ed gets a name that fits in better with the universe of the film. and it's hilarious that Eric Andre is playing him....definitely the highlight of the cast for me

also good news about the return of Hans Zimmer. I feel it's necessary that some of the themes from the original film be reused because they're just so iconic and it wouldn't be TLK without em. so it'll be cool to see how those might be combined with completely new compositions. but yeah I'll be really, really disappointed if Lebo M isn't involved in this project at all....

I'm at the edge of my seat waiting for a look at what the visuals of this film are gonna be like. things are looking good as far as voices & music go, but I can't help feeling like the visuals will disappoint in some way. I'm curious how they're going to make unique designs for each lion character while maintaining a lifelike look, and worried that the 'acting' of the animated animals might be really bland compared to the expressions and movement of the original traditionally animated characters. time shall tell ......
Gaze
TLK collector

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

and bad poster

Pride Points: 26

Postby PridelandsPhantom » November 5th, 2017, 1:03 am

I'm not going to bother seeing this as Beyonce has been cast as Nala, she's ruined the film
Dog Mom to Misty, Sango, Tami, Abby, and Kawaii. :)
Three Angel Babies at the Rainbow Bridge: Mija, London, and Olga :cry:
PridelandsPhantom
Kion is My Waifu!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Disney Fan and Lioness at Heart

Nickname(s): Mako, Dog Mom, Alex, Jessi
Pride Points: 12

Postby Panpardus » November 5th, 2017, 7:27 am

I'm sure I've mentioned before that I'm rather far from being even a casual member of the Beyhive, but since I'm seeing this sentiment from a lot of people online who didn't even know of the remake and are already declaring the downfall of Disney solely on the premise of her involvement, may I ask: how has Beyoncé "ruined the film" when we haven't seen or heard anything of it yet?

Sure, she's not on my top five (or even ten) list to play Nala - though she was Favreau's first choice; her involvement seems to be mostly his doing, which I'm not sure a lot of folks realize - and she's not the strongest actor on the cast roster, but I don't think she'll do anything less than a passable job as far as voice-acting is concerned, and I'm sure she'd kill "Shadowland" (in the good way) if they gave it to her. So why the fuss?
Panpardus

Postby Elton John » November 5th, 2017, 12:10 pm

plus

(unpopular opinion time)

it’s not like moira kelly was that great of an actress in the original. probably the weakest link in the cast. at least beyonce can sing unlike moira.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby PridelandsPhantom » November 5th, 2017, 5:03 pm

My opinion is based on the fact that when they get HUGE celebrities on films it often becomes about that celebrity to the point of being silly. I really don't like Beyonce's singing much because she's more of a screecher. She was good in Destiny's Child, but after she went solo she became so self-absorbed it's not even funny. I expect Nala to have both strong and gentle qualities and Moira had that where Beyonce is pretty much in your face all the time and Nala's character is more likely to come off as pushy rather than the good balance she was in the original, my opinion.
Dog Mom to Misty, Sango, Tami, Abby, and Kawaii. :)
Three Angel Babies at the Rainbow Bridge: Mija, London, and Olga :cry:
PridelandsPhantom
Kion is My Waifu!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Disney Fan and Lioness at Heart

Nickname(s): Mako, Dog Mom, Alex, Jessi
Pride Points: 12

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King (2019)