It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Re: It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Postby Iberian » July 13th, 2018, 2:42 am

Not wanting to add any more anxiety and discordance over this matter. Anyway i found these images on twitter while google searching, tought they might be interesting to check, doubt seriously they could be official concept sketches, probably fan-made...

https://i.imgur.com/x3sSBXd.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Cb23YVV.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/iu2P2Ai.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ToSoFJz.jpg

Throughout the previous month the thought that Disney might (just might) release some teaser this July 19th, never left my mind, let´s hope such chance becomes a reality in a near future.

PS: Sry, edit, here´s the link to the twitter page: https://twitter.com/lionking2019
Iberian

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 14

Postby Elton John » July 13th, 2018, 3:25 am

fake. some of those are edits of real lion images i’ve seen.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Panpardus » July 13th, 2018, 6:02 am

They do look nice as basic concept designs, regardless. Hard to really picture a photorealistic blue-eyed lion in my head.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby Iberian » July 13th, 2018, 11:36 am

[quote="Elton John"]fake. some of those are edits of real lion images i’ve seen.[/quote]

Such a shame, i usually seem to have an eye to spot fakes from a mile away, these somehow seemed a bit legit in my head at 3 am. :lol:
Guess we´ll have to wait...

PS:I think they will not change the lion´s eye color from the animation to the "live action", though they might just make it more bland as it would be really distracting to see a lion with a pair of glow in the dark blue xenon headlights staring at you...
Iberian

Postby Elton John » July 18th, 2018, 12:26 pm

I sent a message to the authentic Lebo M on facebook (him and Hans both belong to a hans zimmer fan group i also belong to) and holy crap he replied.

I asked him if he’s working on the tlk remake, hoping for a response to that question.

aaaaand i got a response. he said no, too busy working on the broadway show. maybe it is true that questlove is working with hans on the remake.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Iberian » July 19th, 2018, 12:48 am

[quote="Elton John"]I sent a message to the authentic Lebo M on facebook (him and Hans both belong to a hans zimmer fan group i also belong to) and holy crap he replied.

I asked him if he’s working on the tlk remake, hoping for a response to that question.

aaaaand i got a response. he said no, too busy working on the broadway show. maybe it is true that questlove is working with hans on the remake.[/quote]

:D
In my opinion the score is way more important than the voice actors (not saying their work is not important). I think that good voice actors that can deliver a good performance for the right character are essential for a good movie. But is the score and the soundtrack that makes the 10% between a great movie and a masterpiece (more so in the case of musicals...). Lebo M. was an essential part for the score of the Lion King, without him Hans would not be able to create what he created... Let´s hope that the fat cats in Hollywood are aware of that and at least save themselves from shame by letting Hans cast and use huge "Zulu" choirs like in the first movie...
Iberian

Postby Elton John » July 19th, 2018, 1:12 am

i mean

things might change. The score is usually one of the last things done for a movie before release.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Panpardus » July 20th, 2018, 2:31 am

An interesting bit of behind-the-scenes insight in the "What" section of this article: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... ke-1123979

Apparently much of the in-universe environment is a mix of digital and real-life aspects, with the final render being projected into VR for Favreau and the filmmakers to direct in. The actors, too, apparently get to walk around in the VR environment and act out at least some of their scenes, so it seems like they'll be doing a bit more than just sitting in a recording booth. I don't know if this means their lines will be recorded while they're in VR-universe together or if Favreau is just trying to get placement of the characters for the animation and sound department using motion-capture, though it would be nice if they were able to make the voiceover work feel more present in-universe. Something I've noticed about a lot of such work (I particularly noticed it in the 2016 Jungle Book) is that the characters largely sound like they're in a studio; a lot of times the voices don't interact with the environment as you'd expect them to, so it's a bit immersion breaking. Hopefully this film doesn't suffer from that quite as much.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby TheLionPrince » July 20th, 2018, 3:32 am

The remake is exactly a year away from being released. Strap in guys!

[quote="Panpardus"]An interesting bit of behind-the-scenes insight in the "What" section of this article: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... ke-1123979

Apparently much of the in-universe environment is a mix of digital and real-life aspects, with the final render being projected into VR for Favreau and the filmmakers to direct in. The actors, too, apparently get to walk around in the VR environment and act out at least some of their scenes, so it seems like they'll be doing a bit more than just sitting in a recording booth. I don't know if this means their lines will be recorded while they're in VR-universe together or if Favreau is just trying to get placement of the characters for the animation and sound department using motion-capture, though it would be nice if they were able to make the voiceover work feel more present in-universe. Something I've noticed about a lot of such work (I particularly noticed it in the 2016 Jungle Book) is that the characters largely sound like they're in a studio; a lot of times the voices don't interact with the environment as you'd expect them to, so it's a bit immersion breaking. Hopefully this film doesn't suffer from that quite as much.[/quote]

That was a great article that breaks down the remake. However, the writer misunderstood what J.D. McCrary (voice of cub Simba) said in that article they linked back from February. He said he has a new song titled "Inviting All of You", but it's not for the movie. You can listen to the song on YouTube.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Gaze » July 22nd, 2018, 1:03 am

[quote="Elton John"]I sent a message to the authentic Lebo M on facebook (him and Hans both belong to a hans zimmer fan group i also belong to) and holy crap he replied.

aaaaand i got a response. he said no, too busy working on the broadway show. maybe it is true that questlove is working with hans on the remake.[/quote]
sad to hear this since I just feel like anything without Lebo M isn't really TLK, but at least that response indicates he most likely was asked to work on it and declined. would have been a huge bummer if he'd been skipped over entirely!
Gaze
TLK collector

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

and bad poster

Pride Points: 26

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King (2019)