It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Re: It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Postby Elton John » August 12th, 2018, 6:34 am

i didn’t like the batb remake either

but I did like the jungle book + petes dragon remakes, plus I rather enjoyed christopher robin.

i’m giving this movie a chance because I trust jon favreau.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Iberian » August 13th, 2018, 3:02 pm

Does anyone know if Andy Gaskill, or any original storyboard artist / concept artist / art director for that matter will be returning to this remake?
If they aren´t this movie will surely look and feel a lot different than the original... There´s that kind of spacious African look that is the result of the vision of some artists, for example Greg Drolette:

If they don´t hire good artists their scenery will probably end up looking exactly the same as any other CGI movie: bland jungles and everything keyed in grey....
Iberian

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 14

Postby TheLionPrince » August 14th, 2018, 12:30 am

[quote="Iberian"]Does anyone know if Andy Gaskill, or any original storyboard artist / concept artist / art director for that matter will be returning to this remake?
If they aren´t this movie will surely look and feel a lot different than the original... There´s that kind of spacious African look that is the result of the vision of some artists, for example Greg Drolette:

If they don´t hire good artists their scenery will probably end up looking exactly the same as any other CGI movie: bland jungles and everything keyed in grey....[/quote]

I don't think so. His name is not listed on the remake's IMDb full cast and crew list page, but that doesn't mean the art direction and background design won't be awesome.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby gothprincesskiara » August 14th, 2018, 4:46 am

so sad to those who are so close minded :eyeroll: , always expecting high expectation which lead to false expectations, which then lead to disappointments, yet, I am a sucker for BATB stories and i wasn't crazy about the remake but I still accept it for what it is, and like I said before I will accept this remake no matter how different the changes are, because that is what being a true lion king fan is about :resist: , even those who have a good sense of imagination, and open mind, like me would be flexible with what we are given. I said it many times and and im going to say it again, when you are given lemons you make lemonade, I didn't like alot of things about TLG, but I took it with a grain of salt and stuck with it no matter how much some things about it make me cringe.
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Elton John » August 14th, 2018, 8:49 am

i have a feeling that they will stick to the basic plotline of the original but change a lot of scenes, in minor/major ways.

I’m ok with that. I don’t want this movie to be a carbon copy of the original. Otherwise there is no point to it.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Elton John » August 19th, 2018, 9:31 am

11 months :D
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Elton John » October 10th, 2018, 8:32 pm

disney just released a poster for the aladdin remake.

aladdin is 2 months before tlk

you know what that means?

we aren’t very far from disney promoting tlk!
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Panpardus » October 11th, 2018, 11:30 pm

I figured we'd probably get see something around the holiday season. Good way to catch all members of the families at once. I'm seriously debating whether I want to actually see any advertisements though...
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby Panpardus » October 18th, 2018, 4:40 am

There's this: https://twitter.com/Jon_Favreau/status/ ... ng-cast%2F

Donald Glover's script is in the picture but I can't make out any of it.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby gothprincesskiara » October 30th, 2018, 12:56 am

Now they are saying Scar wont be in the remake, please Im not the only who knows this is just a bunch of fake news
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King (2019)