It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Re: It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Postby Elton John » February 20th, 2018, 8:28 pm

The only Elton John source I really trust is his official facebook page unless he states it in a video recorded interview.

How do I know this interview actually happened?
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby TheLionPrince » February 20th, 2018, 10:01 pm

Because it's an on-the-record interview.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Elton John » February 20th, 2018, 10:14 pm

Huh. Well, here’s to hoping that he just forgot to mention ‘be prepared’ in that interview.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby gothprincesskiara » February 21st, 2018, 12:05 am

Ok well um looks like its true http://comicbook.com/movies/2018/02/18/ ... n-beyonce/

ok lets think about why this may be, can we just review the animated films songs popularity, what were the most songs that were a smash hit and what was the weakest song? my guess is Be prepared and thats why they are deciding to cut it out?
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby KiovuLove » February 21st, 2018, 12:20 am

This makes me sad. And I was really kind of hoping they'd actually bring in a Broadway song, the Madness of Scar. It would be great to see Scar as literally insane, not just evil for no reason
But you'll see every day
That we'll never turn away
When it seems all your dreams come undone

We will stand by your side
Filled with hope and filled with pride
We are more than we are
We are one

KiovuLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I laugh in the face of danger!

Nickname(s): Pandi, Jess
Pride Points: 13

Postby gothprincesskiara » February 21st, 2018, 12:33 am

[quote="KiovuLove"]This makes me sad. And I was really kind of hoping they'd actually bring in a Broadway song, the Madness of Scar. It would be great to see Scar as literally insane, not just evil for no reason[/quote]

Lets consider they want may to keep applying the real life story of lions and how they really think when it comes to the animal kingdom. I know alot of Scar fans would like to have seen more about scar but we cant always get what we want.
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby FlipMode » February 21st, 2018, 12:39 am

I'm more excited to hear the new song than I am bummed that Be Prepared could possibly not be in the movie.
Now I do think that Elton John wouldn't just simply forget about Be Prepared. But it might also be that it's not in the film YET at the time of that interview. The film is still over a year away from release.

But to be honest I wouldn't mind if it isn't in the film. It's one of my favourites from the original soundtrack sure but I also am curious to see the scene where Scar is telling the hyenas about his plan and enlisting their help without singing about it. It'll be interesting to see how they handle this scene without the song :)
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby KiovuLove » February 21st, 2018, 12:41 am

True. Unless the Hyenas are included in a different way. They're already changing the names of Ed and Banzai
But you'll see every day
That we'll never turn away
When it seems all your dreams come undone

We will stand by your side
Filled with hope and filled with pride
We are more than we are
We are one

KiovuLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I laugh in the face of danger!

Nickname(s): Pandi, Jess
Pride Points: 13

Postby Elton John » February 21st, 2018, 12:47 am

Be prepared is probably my least favorite song in the original but I do love how fabulously animated the original was and was hoping they’d make the remake version just as energetic.

Now, if they were to cut ‘just can’t wait to be king’ i’d be pissed a little but it seems they aren’t.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby TheLionPrince » February 21st, 2018, 1:35 am

[quote="gothprincesskiara"]Ok well um looks like its true http://comicbook.com/movies/2018/02/18/ ... n-beyonce/

ok lets think about why this may be, can we just review the animated films songs popularity, what were the most songs that were a smash hit and what was the weakest song? my guess is Be prepared and thats why they are deciding to cut it out?[/quote]

I don't think the popularity of the songs had anything to do with the songs being cut from the remake. It depends on what's convenient for the story they have planned out. I know "The Morning Report" is heavily unpopular among fans, but it wasn't a part of the original version of the first film. I think "I Just Can't Wait to be King" is probably the least popular song from the first film. However, you can't cut that song since we have J.D. McCrary voicing cub Simba and he has a tremendously good singing voice.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King (2019)