Should the remake bridge itself to the sequel?

Re: Should the remake bridge itself to the sequel?

Postby SimbasGuard » April 26th, 2018, 9:13 am

[quote="TLK_Kid"]Good idea, but how does that work? Rafiki probably can't hold two cubs at once :lol:[/quote]

When Rafiki holds up Kiara, Nala can come alongside him and hold up Kion.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby TLK_Kid » April 26th, 2018, 7:55 pm

[quote="Elton John"]they’re making a maleficent 2

they’re making a sequel to the jungle book remake

they already made a sequel to alice in wonderland

heck remember that 101 dalmations remake from the 90’s? that got a sequel too.

A tlk remake sequel ain’t out of the question[/quote]
I guess you have a point. If the TLK remake goes well, it just might get a sequel which would be great :D It would be really cool if they remastered SP a bit and made it live-action.
TLK_Kid
When in doubt...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

ASANTE SANA SQUASH BANANA

Nickname(s): Just call me Kid xD
Pride Points: 4

Postby TLK_Kid » April 26th, 2018, 8:01 pm

[quote="SimbasGuard"][quote="TLK_Kid"]Good idea, but how does that work? Rafiki probably can't hold two cubs at once :lol:[/quote]

When Rafiki holds up Kiara, Nala can come alongside him and hold up Kion.[/quote]
Yeah...I dunno. If they can get both cubs onscreen at the end of the remake, that would be awesome. Right now it sounds like a complicated scene with Rafiki trying to hold one cub, then put it down and pick up the other...just seems like an awkward exchange there. :P
TLK_Kid
When in doubt...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

ASANTE SANA SQUASH BANANA

Nickname(s): Just call me Kid xD
Pride Points: 4

Postby SimbasGuard » April 27th, 2018, 12:50 am

Maybe the presentation of Kion would work better as a Credit cookie. Rafiki is still holding Kiara up the gives her to Nala. Simba then hand Kion to Rafiki.

SimbasGuard

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby KiovuLove » July 20th, 2019, 5:50 am

When I saw them hold up the cub at the end I looked at it really hard to try to see if it would pass for kiara lol not gonna lie. With all the mixed reviews I doubt it would happen but it would make me insanely happy if they made the sequel realistic too. They could fix the scar/kovus father/son issue and maybe even redeem themselves with giving more expressions since eveyone wont stop complaining about it. If they did though I would be so disappointed if the voice of kovu was not the same. :oops:
But you'll see every day
That we'll never turn away
When it seems all your dreams come undone

We will stand by your side
Filled with hope and filled with pride
We are more than we are
We are one

KiovuLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I laugh in the face of danger!

Nickname(s): Pandi, Jess
Pride Points: 13

Postby Panpardus » July 20th, 2019, 6:31 am

There's really no clear sequel setup here, but I'm sure this movie will be financially successful enough to merit a follow-up if Disney actually wanted to do it. If they do though, I'd really like if they just did a loose adaptation of old materials at most; more of an original story than a remake of Simba's Pride.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby TheLionPrince » July 20th, 2019, 6:49 am

The remake expanded on what happened during Scar's reign and there is no clear sign of Zira, Kovu, or the Outsiders existed in that universe. Instead,
Spoiler: show
Scar romantically tries to make Sarabi his queen.
I always figured if Disney makes a sequel to the remake, it will be an original story.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby SimbasMate » July 22nd, 2019, 6:43 pm

No
[quote="Amanda"]And just like that she vanished, like a fart in the wind.
[/quote]
sig by Regulus
SimbasMate
Queen of Hell

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/mes

Nickname(s): SM/Crystal
Telegram: @CatOverlord
Pride Points: 161

Postby SimbasGuard » July 28th, 2019, 1:09 am

I very much enjoined The Remake. I was slightly sadden that there was no hint to a possible sequel. If The Remake were to peruse a sequel that was not based on Simba's Pride, it could be very interesting to see what direction such a story would take. There would have to be a villain/villains I could see The Outsiders being an enemy pride with no loyalty or connection to Scar. Zira could be used even, but as for Kovu, Vitani, and Nuka I am not sure. However if revenge for Scar is not the motivation what would be the plot. An enemy Pride just wanting to take over The Pride Lands because it is a better territory seems a bit lacking.

SimbasGuard

Postby mamaprince » July 28th, 2019, 6:59 am

I honestly would love to see an SP remake! ;) I'm not holding my breath, but I really hope that it happens. I'd love to see how they pull it off.
Sig by Ninven on DA.
mamaprince
Future Storm chaser

It's the wonder of nature baby!

Nickname(s): Mp, Stormchaser Rachel, Rachel Storm
Pride Points: 18

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King (2019)