Should the remake bridge itself to the sequel?

Should the remake bridge itself to the sequel?

Postby Elton John » April 8th, 2018, 8:10 pm

The original didn’t as it was made as a standalone film, only a mere month before Aladdin: Return of Jafar turned out to be a success. The remake can go in far more directions.

Alice in Wonderland got a sequel and with Disney making a sequel to Maleficent and The Jungle Book remake, I believe that the chances for The Lion King remake getting a sequel are very high.

Should this movie stick to just the original? Should it bridge itself to Simbas Pride? Or should they go in a new direction with a sequel?

I’m leaving out the lion guard because who knows what Disney has planned for it in the future.

And on an unrelated note, I am curious as to whether or not Disney will make a sequel to their Beauty and the Beast remake as all their direct to video stuff for it took place within the timeframe of the original.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Re: Should the remake bridge itself to the sequel?

Postby SwagaliciousXXX » April 9th, 2018, 12:15 am

It’s gonna be hard to fit in the original Zira’s pride story wise. I mean Simba defeats Scar after his climatic return, he is now king and everyone is celebrating! And oh, Zira comes out and attacks Simba. The movie would end on a weird note. It just makes sense to end it like it did in the original.

If they did however, want to bridge it I think it would be better if Zira and co. fought side by side with the hyenas to protect Scar. They probably could make a scene with Sarabi/Nala fighting with Zira. For siding alongside Scar, Simba would banish them before he did the standing on pride rock roar thing. That way the movie wouldn’t end awkwardly.
“Arthur, I finally have my answer to your question, “Why do you think birds fly?” Birds fly because they want to fly. They don’t need a reason to, even if their wings snap and doom them to die. They don’t fly for anyone’s benefit. They don’t fly because they were ordered to. They fly because they want to fly and for no other reason!”
SwagaliciousXXX
It'sOverAnakin!IHaveTheTopLine

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

YOU UNDERESTIMATE MY POWER!

Nickname(s): Swag
Pride Points: 13

Postby Elton John » April 9th, 2018, 12:20 am

they don’t need to show Zira’s pride attacking Simba after the battle for pride rock.

I think what I mean is, something as simple as showing vitani/nuka/zira/infant kovu in the background near the end of the movie.

i agree, the movie did end on a perfect note. no need to change that.

also I meant to say that TLK came out a month after return of jafar :lol:
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby zerodix » April 9th, 2018, 7:01 am

i hope not. but original mixed with something extra would be awesome. adding a scene song or character.
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby TheLionPrince » April 9th, 2018, 9:39 pm

I can see Disney approving a sequel to The Lion King remake, but the direction they could go with it is anyone's guess. I think they could disregard Simba's Pride and have a sequel with an original storyline. In the end, I don't think they will have a "sequel hook", but a sequel is certainly a possibility.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby SimbasGuard » April 15th, 2018, 8:39 am

I don't think they should disregard Simba's Pride, as I think the majority opinion is that is a worthy sequel. I definitely agree that The remake Should not alter the perfect ending of the original, but a credit cookie featuring Zira in some capacity would work perfectly. :evilzira:
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Panpardus » April 15th, 2018, 8:19 pm

If the "live-action" Jungle Book is getting a sequel (the original version of which was widely considered a lesser sequel among Disney's classic cartoon stuff) then I don't see why they'd pass up the opportunity to do the same for this version of The Lion King. I could see them taking elements from Simba's Pride and even a few of the more workable Lion Guard characters/ideas to do it. Including Zira and properly integrating her into this story such that her connection to Scar is clear (maybe writing her in as a surprise secondary character) would be a must in my opinion, at least if they want to tell a similar story to the cartoon version.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby SimbasGuard » April 18th, 2018, 8:45 am

My sister had the brilliant idea of two cubs being held up at the end of the movie. Kiara and Kion obviously. 8-) :thumbsup:
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby TLK_Kid » April 22nd, 2018, 10:55 pm

I can't really see them remaking SP, but I'll be pleasantly surprised if they do. I think they should put a cameo of Zira, and possibly her cubs, somewhere in the remake. It would be a simple thing that wouldn't confuse anyone who hasn't seen the sequel, but would have the rest of us screaming in delight. :P

[quote="SimbasGuard"]My sister had the brilliant idea of two cubs being held up at the end of the movie. Kiara and Kion obviously. 8-) :thumbsup:[/quote]

Good idea, but how does that work? Rafiki probably can't hold two cubs at once :lol:
TLK_Kid
When in doubt...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

ASANTE SANA SQUASH BANANA

Nickname(s): Just call me Kid xD
Pride Points: 4

Postby Elton John » April 22nd, 2018, 11:01 pm

they’re making a maleficent 2

they’re making a sequel to the jungle book remake

they already made a sequel to alice in wonderland

heck remember that 101 dalmations remake from the 90’s? that got a sequel too.

A tlk remake sequel ain’t out of the question
Elton John
I’m with you

Next

Return to The Lion King (2019)