Post count!

Re: Post count!

Postby TheIvanMuse » April 14th, 2011, 1:19 am

It does matter Ushu,when you're trying to discuss a topic and someone is bashing in with spam.
But yeah,as Flip said,we'll see how this will work further on.

Signature made by Taka
TheIvanMuse
Ninja Blader Lion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Never stop improving and you'll be forever young!

Nickname(s): Ivan , T.I.Van
Pride Points: 26

Postby Zeke » April 14th, 2011, 1:30 am

Heeeeey mlk, why can't you handle a situation like this with at least a little maturity? Stop running around the forum like fricking rabbits on speed and spamming in every topic you can. Its kinda stupid...so stop :ehh:
"When the power of love overcomes the love of
power, the world will know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix
Zeke
Deeq

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 18

Postby PotterYouRotter » April 14th, 2011, 1:35 am

[quote="Zeke"]Heeeeey mlk, why can't you handle a situation like this with at least a little maturity? Stop running around the forum like fricking rabbits on speed and spamming in every topic you can. Its kinda stupid...so stop :ehh:[/quote]

^ agreed
とtoらraドdoラra
A PROUD HIDDLESTONER!!
PotterYouRotter
EHEHEHEHE

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Potter, Elijah
Pride Points: 9

Postby Nitro » April 14th, 2011, 1:51 am

Bring on the spammers :\
Nitro
Green Rider

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 20

Postby Pixie » April 14th, 2011, 4:21 am

sigh.
LxL graphics
Pixie
Photographer

Not afraid to speak my mind. Seriously.

Nickname(s): Pixie, etc.
Pride Points: 10

Postby Arani » April 14th, 2011, 7:55 am

[quote="PotterYouRotter"][quote="Zeke"]Heeeeey mlk, why can't you handle a situation like this with at least a little maturity? Stop running around the forum like fricking rabbits on speed and spamming in every topic you can. Its kinda stupid...so stop :ehh:[/quote]

^ agreed[/quote]

I agree as well. Lets just all have a good time without spamming a lot, okay? It's only a number.
Arani

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 56

Postby Rarity » April 14th, 2011, 7:58 am

If I was as happy as I was 2 yrs back I can go about 90 post perday
Rarity
A Beautiful Heart

Nickname(s): Marshmallow, Rar
Pride Points: 12

Postby Moka » April 14th, 2011, 8:30 am

Okay, sorry I've been busy today avoiding this topic. Lol! But really.

The reason we did this as many have speculated is because it felt like the TLK forums, the most important part of these forums, were almost being abused by some members to increase their post count. Hopefully, with adding post incrementation back to the non-TLK forums, this will keep the spammy posts in the forum that is meant for them: the arcade.

Now, we're gonna be cracking down a little harder on members that post random/spammy posts -- especially in the TLK forums.

And if we're still having problems and we think it's a big enough deal (which we don't yet), we might consider just taking out the ability to see post counts. I've seen other forums do that, but that's a bit extreme in my opinion.
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Postby DGFone » April 14th, 2011, 8:59 am

[quote="Moka"]Okay, sorry I've been busy today avoiding this topic. Lol! But really.

The reason we did this as many have speculated is because it felt like the TLK forums, the most important part of these forums, were almost being abused by some members to increase their post count. Hopefully, with adding post incrementation back to the non-TLK forums, this will keep the spammy posts in the forum that is meant for them: the arcade.

Now, we're gonna be cracking down a little harder on members that post random/spammy posts -- especially in the TLK forums.

And if we're still having problems and we think it's a big enough deal (which we don't yet), we might consider just taking out the ability to see post counts. I've seen other forums do that, but that's a bit extreme in my opinion.[/quote]

Fair enough. I liked the idea that only TLK related posts counted, but when people start spamming them, you need a spam absorber - the off-topic areas.

Leave the high quality posts in the TLK sections, bring the spam posts where people don't mind them. As much.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Rarity » April 14th, 2011, 9:12 am

ITS FRIDAY FRIDAY!!!!! lololololool
^
spam?
Anyways no real comments bout this.
Rarity
A Beautiful Heart

Nickname(s): Marshmallow, Rar
Pride Points: 12

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements