Staff Election (Voting)

Please choose your top 3 choices for a new staff member!

Poll ended at February 9th, 2011, 5:55 am

FlipMode (9 nominations)
15%
SillydogTheGreat (12 nominations)
11%
Simbaholic (14 nominations)
12%
Amanda (13 nominations)
12%
WildSimba (5 nominations)
3%
SnowyCheetah (13 nominations)
11%
Ushujaa (1 nomination)
4%
Azdgari (4 nominations)
3%
xLilacVixenx (3 nominations)
7%
Simba66 (2 nominations)
3%
TheRoguePrince (3 nominations)
5%
Cdot (1 nomination)
1%
Annie (2 nominations)
5%
Simbadacub (1 nomination)
4%
QueenOfPrideRock (3 nominations)
5%

Total votes : 153

Re: Staff Election (Voting)

Postby TheDoctor » February 10th, 2011, 6:58 pm

[quote="TheRoguePrince"]As to getting "lucky" next time, that's just gonna piss people off more, it illegitimizes the victory of those selected as mere chance and gives more reason to hate them and those who select them. I'm not saying I do, but its stupid to say that and think no one will respond.[/quote]
Isn't that how the expression goes? "Better luck next time"? I didn't mean "lucky" as in mere chance. A poorly chosen word? Quite possibly, if that's what people think I meant *facedesk* In which case, I apologize.
TheDoctor
Time Lord

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Brooding brooding brooding brooding

Postby Harvs » February 10th, 2011, 7:15 pm

I'd just like to point out that internet stardom doesn't count for anything in the real world. You win some, you lose some. I'm happy to have gotten even four votes. For me, that means I'm doing something right to have four people who like me and think I could do a decent job as mod. There is no surefire way to get a mod chosen, but I feel that if you can't be happy choosing for yourselves, then you shouldn't be complaining about how the previous mods were chosen in the first place. This is a forum for friendship, not fued. If you didn't get the votes you wanted, get over it. Life moves on, and you'll do just fine without this placement.

"A film should engage, not distract. expand, not contract. Inform, not retract. Redefine, not reenact."

Credit to my awesome signature goes to Twin.
Harvs
The old Simba66

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The new HarvstootH

Nickname(s): 66, S66, Simby
Pride Points: 54

Postby YFWE » February 10th, 2011, 7:37 pm

At the end of the day: this is just a small TLK forum on the internet, of all places. There's much bigger things to be worrying about than 'oh em gee do i get to preside over a tiny internet forum and see my name in green' in this world. Some people on this forum take the internet waaaaay too seriously.

It's just modship on an internet TLK forum. Sweet Jebus.
YFWE
Begger, stealer, borrower

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Svanire

Pride Points: 29

Postby MalibuTrashDog » February 11th, 2011, 3:45 am

Lol you guys are all so silly. Don't you know it was all an act? I just wanted to stir everyone up and cause drama and you guys fell for it.

I ain't even mad lololololol.
MalibuTrashDog
Daddy Atsume

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The trash that collects you.

Nickname(s): Malibu, Sam
Pride Points: 100

Postby Misiziri » February 11th, 2011, 4:02 am

[quote="YFWE"]At the end of the day: this is just a small TLK forum on the internet, of all places. There's much bigger things to be worrying about than 'oh em gee do i get to preside over a tiny internet forum and see my name in green' in this world. Some people on this forum take the internet waaaaay too seriously.

It's just modship on an internet TLK forum. Sweet Jebus.[/quote]
^ My brain just exploded from reading this epicness.
Misiziri

Nickname(s): La'Vie
Pride Points: 168

Postby TheRoguePrince » February 11th, 2011, 4:04 am

[quote="TheDoctor"][quote="TheRoguePrince"]As to getting "lucky" next time, that's just gonna piss people off more, it illegitimizes the victory of those selected as mere chance and gives more reason to hate them and those who select them. I'm not saying I do, but its stupid to say that and think no one will respond.[/quote]
Isn't that how the expression goes? "Better luck next time"? I didn't mean "lucky" as in mere chance. A poorly chosen word? Quite possibly, if that's what people think I meant *facedesk* In which case, I apologize.[/quote]
Yes, friend, that is how the expression goes, but you said "maybe you'll get lucky next time", not "better luck next time", the two different wording make a difference in meaning. I don't want a fight, and I don't want to hurt anyone's image, but you gotta be careful when you say those kinds of things.
TheRoguePrince

Postby Azdgari » February 11th, 2011, 4:04 am

Why is this still open?
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby Misiziri » February 11th, 2011, 4:07 am

Lol, why are we arguing over a few measly words... meh, I should stay out of it before I get sucked in.
Misiziri

Postby TheRoguePrince » February 11th, 2011, 4:09 am

:chuckle: its a matter of personal indignation, not a major clash, and as to measly words, if silly had actually been angry, that is a major fuel source. As to this whole thing, I give up, clearly I'm not gonna be taken seriously in regards to my attempts at resolution.
TheRoguePrince

Postby Misiziri » February 11th, 2011, 4:11 am

Don't worry about. They say arguing on the internet is like participating in the special olympics; and, well, you know the rest :P I don't want to get my last strike from saying the rest :mega: Nothing here is truly significant; unless this little slice of the web accounts for your entire being and consumes your whole life.
Misiziri

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements