500 Server Error

How often do you get the 500 server error message?

ALL THE TIME! SO ANNOYING
7%
Very Frequently
No votes
Frequently
20%
Occasionally
30%
Rarely
20%
Very Rarely
10%
It's never happened to me! *blush*
13%

Total votes : 30

500 Server Error

Postby Moka » February 6th, 2011, 12:33 am

Hi, this is just a quick poll to see how many members are being affected with this error message that the MLK server has been throwing at people.

The 500 server error message can mean a variety of things, but usually it happens when the server is very busy and it starts to take a long time to process your request. Sometimes it will actually reject your request and spit that message at you. This message is not really supposed to happen with the hosting service MLK is currently renting, but it is!

I'd like to know how many members are experiencing this annoying message and how often so I can file a complaint to my host and maybe they can do something about it. If they can't and it's a big enough problem (which at the moment of typing this I think it is) then I'll have to move MLK to a different, more capable host.

tl;dr: Vote for how often you get the 500 server error message so I can see what to do about it.

Thanks!
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Re: 500 Server Error

Postby Taka » February 6th, 2011, 12:37 am

All the time... It started about two days ago and it was nothing but now it's annoying. I had actually thought about making this topic to see if it happened to anybody else.
Taka

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 26

Postby Eli_Ayase » February 6th, 2011, 12:41 am

Strange... rare time it happens on my iPhone, but at the library, it throws it all the time. So far i use my phone, and its a rare time, it throws it out. About a week ago, it threw it all the time. Now rarely it throws it out.
Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary. The definition’s blurred. If I am to choose between one evil and another, I rather not choose at all. – Geralt of Rivia
[Facebook] | [DeviantART] | [FictionPress.com] | [FanFiction.net] | [My Tumblr.]
I come and go, don't question me.
Also I'm an weeaboo/otaku, fite me m8 1v1 irl.

If you find anything offensive of what I say. Then it's not my fault that you took it serious.
Eli_Ayase
Gwynbleidd

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Geralt of Rivia

Location: Iorveth's Forest (United Kingdom, Cambridgeshire area)
Nickname(s): Eli, Ann, Nat, Elichika, Eri, Ayase, Elise

Postby Moka » February 6th, 2011, 12:42 am

It happens most often when people are posting new topics or replies, right?

edit: Does your library have slow internet speed? Sometimes the server will reject your request if it's taking too long to get to the server.
Moka

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FlipMode » February 6th, 2011, 12:43 am

Occasional but when it does happen, it's always at the worst timing >.< like after a decent and long post or something lol. And yeah it is almost always when posting, I don't think I even ever got the error while doing anything else other than posting.
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Postby Eli_Ayase » February 6th, 2011, 12:45 am

For me yes. Don't know about other peapole.
Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary. The definition’s blurred. If I am to choose between one evil and another, I rather not choose at all. – Geralt of Rivia
[Facebook] | [DeviantART] | [FictionPress.com] | [FanFiction.net] | [My Tumblr.]

If you find anything offensive of what I say. Then it's not my fault that you took it serious.
Eli_Ayase
Gwynbleidd

Geralt of Rivia

Postby YFWE » February 6th, 2011, 12:47 am

Rarely for me. Maybe once or twice a week, if that.
YFWE
Begger, stealer, borrower

Svanire

Pride Points: 29

Postby Eli_Ayase » February 6th, 2011, 12:51 am

At Moka - no its fast speed... the library got new pc's and they work fast.

Eli_Ayase
Gwynbleidd

Geralt of Rivia

Postby Moka » February 6th, 2011, 12:56 am

@Flip - Do you use Firefox? If you hit the back button in Firefox your form data (err.. your post) will be saved as you had submitted it so you won't lose another post. IE does not do this for you, it erases all that you had written.

@Natalie - There must be another reason why the server is rejecting your library's computer :/
Moka

Postby Annie » February 6th, 2011, 12:58 am

It happened to me for like...an entire day and I couldn't even get on the site, but now it's very rare.
R.I.P Annie, Holly, Spike, Louie, Mel, Robbie, Mr.H, Molly, Archie, Blobby and Dancer <3
Annie
Hyena

Rawr

Pride Points: 29

Next

Return to News & Announcements