Karma Mod!

Re: Karma Mod!

Postby SnowyCheetah » March 12th, 2011, 7:20 am

so... Who is able to see the reasons?

That 2in diameter fart can probably adds at least 50bhp.
SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

is mayonnaise a gender

Nickname(s): Snowy, Snow, Sno, SC, SS, Snowball, Stormy
Pride Points: 23

Postby Moka » March 12th, 2011, 7:23 am

I think everyone can see them just by clicking the "Karma" link on everyone's profile to the left of their post. (or when viewing their full profile). Unless I'm mistaken?

[quote="Simbadacub"]I can't see it on the old MLK Skin. :nehneh: But cool Idea. ^^[/quote]

Yeah, I guess I need to update that template. I'll do that tonight! :3
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Postby WildSimba » March 12th, 2011, 7:40 am

[quote="Moka"]I think everyone can see them just by clicking the "Karma" link on everyone's profile to the left of their post. (or when viewing their full profile). Unless I'm mistaken?[/quote]

Your mistaken. There is no link, only for my profile, not for anyone else's.

(not to mention, when I click on that Karma link, it makes my profile look like a dog chewed it up, swallowed it, and then puked it up, while simultaniously barking)
Last edited by WildSimba on March 12th, 2011, 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby Ushujaa » March 12th, 2011, 7:41 am

hey thats cool :D thanks for the update!
Spoiler: show

thank you Flip for the community sig
Ushujaa
Dreamer

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't heroes have the right to dream?

Nickname(s): Shujaa, Fluffy, Squishy, Kopa, Usher,Krypto
Pride Points: 24

Postby Moka » March 12th, 2011, 8:57 am

[quote="WildSimba"]Your mistaken. There is no link, only for my profile, not for anyone else's.

(not to mention, when I click on that Karma link, it makes my profile look like a dog chewed it up, swallowed it, and then puked it up, while simultaniously barking)[/quote]

Okay, I think I've fixed it? There was an option in everyone's UCP that was hiding their karma profile by default for members other than themselves. I've changed that to have the karma profile public by default, but you can make it private by checking Yes next to "Make my karma profile private" in your UCP -> Board preferences -> Edit karma settings

And lol, I'll work on improving the look of the karma profile page tonight.
Moka

Postby TheDoctor » March 12th, 2011, 1:22 pm

So leaving karma isn't anonymous?

And I'm always hesitant to the karma system... On every single forum I've been on that uses it, it causes drama whether you like it or not. Just saying o.-

*switches own karma off*
TheDoctor
Time Lord

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Brooding brooding brooding brooding

Postby KopsTheTerminator » March 12th, 2011, 2:01 pm

[quote="TheDoctor"]So leaving karma isn't anonymous?

And I'm always hesitant to the karma system... On every single forum I've been on that uses it, it causes drama whether you like it or not. Just saying o.-

*switches own karma off*[/quote]

That's why people must be mature about decreasing karma and try to improve themselves instead of whining. And if the one who decreased the karma is a troll, then they should just be reported without any drama, simple as that.

Personally, I like the new feature. It's a way to improve yourself and be a better person. :)
KopsTheTerminator

Postby AdAstrα » March 12th, 2011, 4:25 pm

I quite like it as well! Although I do see how it could cause drama. Let's just hope that the members of this forum aren't that immature :)
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby TheDoctor » March 13th, 2011, 1:44 am

Apart from the trolls giving negative karma, it causes drama through jealousy - some people get a load of karma while other people don't and it's not unusual that that causes bitterness in the community from those who don't have any. And it can become a popularity contest. On one big TLK forum I was once on it got so bad that they decided to remove the karma system entirely, because they were sick and tired of the drama it caused. Hopefully such things won't happen here, but speaking from experience, karma points have never done any good =/

Either way, it's just a word of warning. I'm very grateful for the option to switch it off. Not all forums offer that.
TheDoctor
Time Lord

Brooding brooding brooding brooding

Postby Moka » March 13th, 2011, 1:47 am

Did the forums you speak of require reasons for karma adjustments? I think along with the required comments and the option to switch it off, this karma system will be quite beneficial :)
Moka

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements