RP Forum Revamp

Re: RP Forum Revamp

Postby Eli_Ayase » March 31st, 2011, 8:17 am

Whoa, this is better now. Nice job Moka for doing this. This will be easier for pepole who are new to the forum and it IS easier to find now. The Private RP place is great, at least new pepole to this forum wont get messed up. Glad you did this Moka.
(sorry for bad english....)
Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary. The definition’s blurred. If I am to choose between one evil and another, I rather not choose at all. – Geralt of Rivia
[Facebook] | [DeviantART] | [FictionPress.com] | [FanFiction.net] | [My Tumblr.]
I come and go, don't question me.
Also I'm an weeaboo/otaku, fite me m8 1v1 irl.

If you find anything offensive of what I say. Then it's not my fault that you took it serious.
Eli_Ayase
Gwynbleidd

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Geralt of Rivia

Location: Iorveth's Forest (United Kingdom, Cambridgeshire area)
Nickname(s): Eli, Ann, Nat, Elichika, Eri, Ayase, Elise
Pride Points: 138

Postby FlipMode » March 31st, 2011, 10:55 am

[quote="Azdgari"]Honestly, I have somewhat mixed feelings. I do like the new system in that it doesn't judge people based on RP ability and sort them. The downside to that is that now you have very advanced RPs which are getting long posts on a one, two, even three day basis that will remain consistently buried under RP's that have shorter posts and 1 liners that can cover entire pages in a day. I guess we'll just have to see how it pans out. I'm glad we're giving it a shot, at any rate. ^^[/quote]
We had considered that. Each page in a forum can display 35 (I think) threads, so as long as there are no more than 35 active RPs, everyone should find their RP on page 1 and it should not be a problem... And even then we split public and private to make that even less likely to happen.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby SophieCub » March 31st, 2011, 4:24 pm

I like this Idea Moka! It is much easier and quicker!
SophieCub
Childhood Spirit

Nickname(s): SC, Sofaloaf, Soph
Pride Points: 139

Postby AdAstrα » March 31st, 2011, 4:27 pm

I'm very happy with this change so far :)
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby Nitro » March 31st, 2011, 7:35 pm

I had a field day (morning) trying to find the off-topic RP's. At first I thought there was something wrong with my configuring, and then I figured that there were errors on the site, and then I just thought I was crazy and it had always been that way. Today I learned that it's always helpful to check announcements.

I can't say I really enjoy you grouping all the OT stuff into one topic. While it saves space, it annoys me. My RP's are active so they're usually shown in the latest post box so I can just click that quickly, get down to the next post, and then be done with it and on my way to the next topic. Now I have to go into the topic, go into a subtopic, and click the thread, click the page number, and scroll all the way down. I know it's a small thing to complain about, but it's really agravating me since I have only so much time a day to spend on the computer and MLK isn't the only thing I do, and it's really slowing me down.
Nitro
Green Rider

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 20

Postby Moka » March 31st, 2011, 8:28 pm

Well first of all that change isn't definite. I just changed it last night to see how it would look/work out. We may change it back.

Secondly...there are easier ways to get to your OT RPs. You can scroll down the forum index until you see the Role Playing (OT) forum. Then click, Role Play (OT) in the list of subforums. Then, next to unread topics you'll see a little icon Image. You can click that to view the posts you haven't read yet in each topic.
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Postby Mike » March 31st, 2011, 11:37 pm

Yippie =) All good then ^^
I host MLK Fan Artist of the Week in the Fan Art section
For three years I had roses, and apologized to no one.
Spoiler: show
Thanks to Jaynr for the avatar
Thanks to Simba for the TLK signature
Mike

King of Pride Rock

Nickname(s): Michael Freeman, Mikeyboy69, Sid

Postby SimbaIsKewl » April 1st, 2011, 4:54 am

SimbaIsKewl

Pride Points: 2

Postby Arani » April 1st, 2011, 6:03 am

I like the changes so far! :)
Arani

Pride Points: 56

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » April 1st, 2011, 7:20 pm

It's pretty cool Moka :D I like it, it'll take a while to get used to but it's still good :)
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

I'm getting there, one clumsy step at a time

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 149

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements