[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - RP Forum Revamp — My Lion King Forum

RP Forum Revamp

RP Forum Revamp

Postby Moka » March 31st, 2011, 3:04 am

Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Re: RP Forum Revamp

Postby Ushujaa » March 31st, 2011, 3:08 am

i think this change will be a vast improvement like i said in the planning section!
Spoiler: show

thank you Flip for the community sig
Ushujaa
Dreamer

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't heroes have the right to dream?

Nickname(s): Shujaa, Fluffy, Squishy, Kopa, Usher,Krypto
Pride Points: 24

Postby Azdgari » March 31st, 2011, 3:16 am

Honestly, I have somewhat mixed feelings. I do like the new system in that it doesn't judge people based on RP ability and sort them. The downside to that is that now you have very advanced RPs which are getting long posts on a one, two, even three day basis that will remain consistently buried under RP's that have shorter posts and 1 liners that can cover entire pages in a day. I guess we'll just have to see how it pans out. I'm glad we're giving it a shot, at any rate. ^^
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby YFWE » March 31st, 2011, 3:30 am

This has the Kevin stamp of approval. The one issue I can foresee RIGHT NOW is what Az already touched on, but that might not end up being a problem at all, especially because each RPer probably will know where to find their RP, so it's not like there's so many RPs out there that they'll get lost. I think. We'll see how it goes!

I like the way you color-coded things too. Clever!
YFWE
Begger, stealer, borrower

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Svanire

Pride Points: 29

Postby Moka » March 31st, 2011, 3:43 am

Do I get the Kevin stamp of approval for moving the OT Role Playing forums into the Off-Topic Creations category? :P Because that just happened.

Thanks guys, I'm glad everyone is happy with it so far.

About the issue that you guys are describing, we don't even have enough open RPs in the public RP forum to fill the first page. Each page can hold 35 topics, and unless we get 36 RPs that are updated at least once per day, it won't be a problem. If active RPs are being shoved to page 2... then we have to start worrying but for now I think the current layout has lots of room for growth. :3
Moka

Postby Daenerys » March 31st, 2011, 3:45 am

This is really neat. For a moment I was wondering what happened to the beginner intermediate and advanced sections.
Daenerys
♛ queen ♛

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

nightmare dressed like a daydream

Nickname(s): rena/dashie/whatever
Pride Points: 175

Postby YFWE » March 31st, 2011, 4:11 am

[quote="Moka"]Do I get the Kevin stamp of approval for moving the OT Role Playing forums into the Off-Topic Creations category? :P Because that just happened.
[/quote]

YOU ARE KILLING ME, SMALLS.

IN A GOOD WAY.
YFWE
Begger, stealer, borrower

Svanire

Pride Points: 29

Postby Mike » March 31st, 2011, 5:53 am

nice ^^ Only thing: Old RPs will still exist right? just be sinking to the bottom. And nothing's being deleted?
I host MLK Fan Artist of the Week in the Fan Art section
For three years I had roses, and apologized to no one.
Spoiler: show
Thanks to Jaynr for the avatar
Thanks to Simba for the TLK signature
Mike

King of Pride Rock

Nickname(s): Michael Freeman, Mikeyboy69, Sid

Postby DGFone » March 31st, 2011, 6:42 am

I like the idea. But I am no so sure about removing the archived RPs. For me, the archive section held the RPs that will never be updated (members left or the RP locked up), but it was a reliable section to go to if I wanted to read an RP that won't change if I refresh the page a few days later.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG

Postby Moka » March 31st, 2011, 6:47 am

Mike - Nothing was deleted, and we would never delete our RP history ^^

DGFone - Well the "Archive" still exists. The topics won't change their order no matter how far back they get pushed. It'd be the same as the archive because we'd add RPs to the archive and the archive topics would get pushed back exactly like the RP topics will with the new system.
Moka

Next

Return to News & Announcements