Theatrical Release of TLK

Re: Theatrical Release of TLK

Postby Thegeni99 » August 27th, 2011, 1:55 am

Oh yes you do >:3
Omg, I'm at the Apple store right and I keep on chuckling to myself trying to keep in a laugh. People keep on looking at me randomly Dx
Thegeni99
T'cry'la

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

M.I.A. MLK User

Nickname(s): Gen, TG99, Aitama
Pride Points: 69

Postby Maleficent » August 27th, 2011, 1:59 am

Oh well, I'm not a nice person. ...Simba lovers, do not read this! lol

Lulz, really? I keep laughing randomly and mother is looking at me like I've gone nuts. I told her I was laughing because of Scar and she gave me a big roll of the eyes. >:P
C'est le sentiment solitaire dans le monde - de vous trouver debout quand tout le monde est assis.
Pour avoir tout le monde vous regarde et dire «ce qui est de la question avec elle?" Je sais ce qu'on ressent.
Marcher dans une rue vide, écoutant le bruit de vos propres pas. Volets fermés, rideaux tirés, portes verrouillées contre vous.
Et vous ne savez pas si vous êtes à marcher vers quelque chose, ou si vous êtes juste de s'éloigner.

Spoiler: show
Maleficent
خودکشی یک راه حل دائمی است

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

ఒంటరిగా శాశ్వతంగా

Nickname(s): Mal, Jen, Enna
Pride Points: 77

Postby Thegeni99 » August 27th, 2011, 2:03 am

Especially SO and SM! :zirainnocent:
When then FFFFF--. >:/ I gotta pair of older teens next to me and they logged on FB and they were looking at my screen (MLK) weirdly. UGHHH
Thegeni99
T'cry'la

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

M.I.A. MLK User

Nickname(s): Gen, TG99, Aitama
Pride Points: 69

Postby Lauren » August 27th, 2011, 2:07 am

[quote="Thegeni99"]Especially SO and SM! :zirainnocent:[/quote]

You'd watch that on us. We're tight as BFFs. ;)
Last edited by Lauren on August 27th, 2011, 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Maleficent » August 27th, 2011, 2:07 am

Ikr? Ahem, I did not say anything bad.

Oh geez, I hate when people look over my shoulder. It totally pizzes me off, you know? My mom loves to do that, it's like her favorite way to bug me.
C'est le sentiment solitaire dans le monde - de vous trouver debout quand tout le monde est assis.
Pour avoir tout le monde vous regarde et dire «ce qui est de la question avec elle?" Je sais ce qu'on ressent.
Marcher dans une rue vide, écoutant le bruit de vos propres pas. Volets fermés, rideaux tirés, portes verrouillées contre vous.
Et vous ne savez pas si vous êtes à marcher vers quelque chose, ou si vous êtes juste de s'éloigner.

Spoiler: show
Maleficent
خودکشی یک راه حل دائمی است

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

ఒంటరిగా శాశ్వతంగా

Nickname(s): Mal, Jen, Enna
Pride Points: 77

Postby Lauren » August 27th, 2011, 2:09 am

I know. I am just all around on here. x]

Do you think we're a bit off-topic?
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PridelandsPhantom » August 27th, 2011, 3:41 am

Jumping into the topic a bit late, but I AM SO EXCITED! TLK was the first movie I vividly remember watching in theaters. I was eight when it came out, and I did cry hard when Mufasa died. I find I love TLK more and more the older I get. I had a purring Simba plushie, that was all I wanted for Christmas! I still have him, although the purring conked out. I just bought a BIG Lion King plushie this past week. I had poster, slept in TLK bedsheets, and had a backpack (I still have it!). My former best friend and I used to play "pin you" all the time she was Nala and I was Simba, we actually did this even in junior high lol.

I adored it as a kid, and still do! My favorite cannon character is Simba, then Nala, and Sarabi. I watched the whole movie in Spanish and yes, will sing TLK songs at work. I have not seen the musical, but would love to.

"Long live the king!"
Dog Mom to Misty, Sango, Tami, Abby, and Kawaii. :)
Three Angel Babies at the Rainbow Bridge: Mija, London, and Olga :cry:
PridelandsPhantom
Kion is My Waifu!

Disney Fan and Lioness at Heart

Nickname(s): Mako, Dog Mom, Alex, Jessi
Pride Points: 12

Postby kumarileopard » August 28th, 2011, 1:51 am

The closest Theater to me is AMC 11 over in Richmond, IN. I just checked their website and they have times for TLK3D listed for Friday, September 16th and apparently you can already purchase tickets through Fandango.

I know when Transformers came out my friend who is a huge TF nerd had his tickets bought almost a month in advance for the midnight showing. And this is after seeing it at BotCon in Providence almost a full week before it was released in theaters. Now that's dedication!

Doesn't look like they are doing midnight showings for it, at least not in Richmond. If they were I'd be there.
"Hello, IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again?" - Roy in every episode of "The IT Crowd"
kumarileopard

I'm not even supposed to be here today!

Nickname(s): Kumari, Rob
Pride Points: 1

Postby DGFone » August 28th, 2011, 2:13 am

Just checked. As far as my area is concerned, no TLK. :(

Could be just that it's too early. Anyways, I would like to know if the 3D is any good before I go and watch it.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby kumarileopard » August 28th, 2011, 2:35 am

AMC just put in 3D in all the Stadium Seating theaters in Richmond. We saw Transformers: Dark of the Moon there and the 3D was pretty decent. Ron made the comment it wasn't migraine inducing like when we saw Avatar in 3D at Regal. We think its due to the calibration.

Honestly I was surprised Richmond was getting it at all. I figured I'd be driving to Dayton or Cincinnati to see it. The theater in Richmond usually gets the top grossers but the obscure stuff never comes around. I figured being a 2 week run AMC would opt not to run it in Richmond.

I still haven't seen Hobo With A Shotgun yet...
"Hello, IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again?" - Roy in every episode of "The IT Crowd"
kumarileopard

I'm not even supposed to be here today!

Nickname(s): Kumari, Rob
Pride Points: 1

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements