The Member Dens

Re: The Member Dens

Postby WildSimba » July 22nd, 2011, 12:11 am

Actually, last time I made a thread and people went on about the same thing, Moka admitted he saw the first post, and then didn't understand why people were arguing over the same thing over and over again. A lot of things that needed to be said have been said and don't need to be said more then once, even. You don't need to be repetitive to achieve us listening to you. I'm listening to your opinions, aren't I? And whilst I disagree with quite a few of the arguements, I think it's up to Moka to make the right decision.

And just because I'm a mod doesn't mean it changes how I feel. Even if I weren't a mod right now, I'd have the same opinion. I've felt for a while the member rooms were useless.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby Ushujaa » July 22nd, 2011, 12:18 am

download (2).png
Yeah, okay buddy...
download (2).png (160.59 KiB) Viewed 2055 times

False statements are false.
Spoiler: show

thank you Flip for the community sig
Ushujaa
Dreamer

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't heroes have the right to dream?

Nickname(s): Shujaa, Fluffy, Squishy, Kopa, Usher,Krypto
Pride Points: 24

Postby KiarasMate » July 22nd, 2011, 12:29 am

We are not repeating ourselves just for the sake of saying the same thing over. We are merely trying to refute the same argument that keeps getting thrown back in our faces is all. It's not to make it seem like you aren't listening, but rather, that our points aren't being misunderstood or taken out of context.

[quote="WildSimba"]Also, you can make a journal in your den, if you have one. I think the better idea is to have a public den simular to TLKP's, to where people can post anything they can post in a den.[/quote]

That quote was from you WS, in that Online Journal/Diary thread. That doesn't seem useless at all. Why not have a public den, where those members who are so inclined to have a questions and answers thread, can post one, even though, like I said, it was never against the rules in the first place, to post a topic like that in The Den area. You can still give these supposed members, what they want, without taking away what others have earned.
KiarasMate
Legendary Lion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): KM

Postby Kina » July 22nd, 2011, 12:39 am

I like the idea of a public den, actually. It'd be good for small personal threads that would have little place elsewhere. But then, that's just my two cents' worth.
Kina

Kina, lioness of the dusk.

Nickname(s): Moonlight
Pride Points: 9

Postby SummerSnowLeopard » July 22nd, 2011, 12:53 am

Apparently, unless Moka has a change of mind, the Dens are going to be deleted. As much as I hate and dissaprove it, there is nothing we can do. We can keep saying our opinions, but it's Moka's forum. My dream of having a den is crushed, and now I have no goal other to make friends and post meaningful things (which I have acheived). Again, this is the virtual world and although the members are real people with real feelings and opinions, the dens themselves don't truly exist. The members who had dens know they're great, and we know that too.

This is just my opinion. I hope that the dens stay. Since when were they taking up space? Personally, if anything needs to be deleted, I think it should be the arcade. I mean, c'mon. What's better for the forum: A section dedicated to great members; or a section full of games? (this is just my opinion!)
SummerSnowLeopard

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Summer
Pride Points: 38

Postby Songo » July 22nd, 2011, 1:48 am

So no more dens? ): Sheesh...There goes my goal. >.>

Songo
Shes dangerous. ;3

Such a pretty Kitty. <3

Nickname(s): Call me Lyss. :D
Pride Points: 16

Postby Mist » July 22nd, 2011, 2:40 am

Heh heh... I never even knew about these!! I guess I just hang out on the fan art part more... What were they exactly??
The Lion King is epic!! :D
Mist
Tippy

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Tippy
Pride Points: 6

Postby SummerSnowLeopard » July 22nd, 2011, 3:12 am

@Staticthewolf: Dens were rewards given to members for being friendly, contributing, fair, ect. It was their own little part of the forum. Now, they are being removed because other members wanted them and because apparently they take up space. I hope that helps ^^
SummerSnowLeopard

Nickname(s): Summer
Pride Points: 38

Postby Ultra Fox » July 22nd, 2011, 4:28 am

I'm going to have to admit... I like the idea of anyone being able to have their own room/"ask me" thing.
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

woRSt MoVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Nickname(s): meem machine >;)
Pride Points: 97

Postby Moka » July 22nd, 2011, 5:57 am

@Azdgari: You have a right to speak your mind. This change affects everyone.

The "ask me" topics and such can either be put in the personal forum or in a subforum specifically for them. Everyone would get the chance to make their topic. It's not fair to say "you can't make an ask me topic because you don't have a den" (which is what we do now). We could probably just throw them in the personal forum since I doubt that forum would be so active as to warrant a whole other forum just for the "ask me" topics.

The emails/domains no one really used except Snowy. So I don't know why people would want to keep them or continue to want them.

[quote="FlipMode"]^And taking away a member den that I earned is classed as fair?[/quote]

It's not fair in the short term, but extremely fair to everybody in the long term.

[quote="WildSimba"]At this point, as far as I know, it's being replaced with something of equal value, and in the end it'll be organized better.

[quote="Arani"]@ WS: But it'll turn into just a "ho hum" ordinary thing. Nothing to strive for.[/quote]

I don't see why your so concerned. The good members know that they're good members, why do they need something fantastic in order to prove it? All we're doing is favoring some members, and some people on here who are very good members, and deserve it very much are hard to get to because there are so many of them.[/quote]

^Couldn't say it better.

[quote="KiarasMate"]If we're going as far as making this place free for everyone, by the logic given, lets get rid of FAA pages, Member Wiki Pages, and all that other stuff that makes an individual unique on the forum, cause it's not fair to those who don't or can't draw, or those who are not good at writing. Where do you draw the line when it comes to what's fair for all, and what's just a not very wwell thought out move on the part of one person. Sure, it is your forum Moka, but don't you think you should have at least given your members a say in the matter? Why is it that every time new members are added to the staff, something on the forum either gets put back the way it was before the previous staff team was in place, or gets changed for no logical reason? Seriously, if it ain't broke, why fix it?[/quote]

Um.. anyone can get FAA albums or Wiki pages. Anyone should be able to make a topic where members can ask them questions in a den shared by all as well. Why does stuff happen when new staff members are added? Because change inspires change. I don't understand how we're putting it back to the way it was. We've always had the member dens in this forum. Look, I know this is the right way to go for the forum.

[quote="KiarasMate"]And now our post counts are fudged up. Lovely. ^^[/quote]

This is because we recently removed the archives. If you want, I can change the number in the database to 12, 700, 10000, or any number that takes your fancy if it means that much to you.

[quote="FlipMode"]And I am not saying you can not remove them, but that just taking them away with not even a word of warning is downright disrespectful.[/quote]

I would imagine that this entire topic constitutes as a word of warning..

[quote="FlipMode"]A warning that it is happening, and there is nought to be done about it, awesome.[/quote]

That's what warnings are.

[quote="FlipMode"]And it has not been a problem before, so really it just seems like a random thing to be doing.[/quote]

As I explained earlier, the forum is becoming more and more active. Having the member dens doesn't make sense like it did 2 or 3 years ago.

[quote="FlipMode"]Sorry, I am not used to being treated like a 2nd class citizen[/quote]

Can we stop relating MLK to a country?

[quote="KiarasMate"]As far as I remember, anyone was more than welcome to create a questions and answers thread if they wanted to. If they didn't have a den, all they needed to do was post it in The Den area. No one ever did that though, but is that the fault of the members who had dens?[/quote]

Nah, members weren't supposed to make those kind of topics. With the new system of course they'll be able to.

[quote="jelle"]man sorry i think you're a great mod Moka but this again also with the costum titles you guys are ruining the nostalig feeling here.[/quote]

Anything anyone does is going to ruin the nostalgic feel of the forum. Forums are not libraries where books go to rot. Forums are active, lively discussion grounds. And they change frequently.

[quote="KiarasMate"]Why should we wait for Moka to come online to express our opinions about this subject? It's not like he waited for us to make this decision in the first place.[/quote]

Rude. I knew the majority of members would be upset by this. Like I said I know it's the right way to go for this forum. And.. I'm just gonna say it. Even though I'm not as active as I once was.. I still think I know the forum best. :3

[quote="KiarasMate"]I'm sorry if this is coming off as sounding like a personal attack on you WS, which it is not meant to be since I know you've only been on the staff for a few days time, but thinking in that same vein of thought, wouldn't it be best to let Moka field the questions and concerns, rather than trying to handle them yourself, as you stated, you don't know very much about this decision of Mokas anyways?[/quote]

WS has the right to share his opinion. It's not like we need to appoint spokespersons.

--

Just to clear things up, we'll be going with something like this for the new den: viewtopic.php?p=497613#p497613 If people missed that post. There may be more forums added here and there now or later near and far.
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements