New Banning Policy

New Banning Policy

Postby KingKivuli » November 7th, 2011, 12:46 am

After a quick review and discussion with Moka, we have decided upon a new policy for the moderation, warning and banning for the forum. With the ever growing size of MLK, a change was needed and im happy to announce to everyone what to expect

Firstly, if you are seen causing slight issues all that will happen is polite PM asking you to stop (unless it is constant in which case a more drastic measure will be taken)

If you are clearly breaking any of MLK's Universal rules (see here: /viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24 and the top of all forum spaces, above topic lists) then it will warrant an instant official warning. If however the rule breaking is very severe then an instant ban will be given instead

When you have received a warning, if you break a rule yet again, then you will be banned. After 6 months you have the chance to write a formal apology for a chance to return. Not before that time will it be accepted.

Upon your return you will retain your warning for 6 months and then it will disappear. If however you break rules within the 6 months or eventually 'earn' your way to another ban, then it will be permanent and you will not be allowed to return to MLK (we REALLY don't want to do that)

We also ask that if you do happen to see any bother or mishap please PM a staff member and not tackle the issue on your own, it tends to make a situation worse than it should be, let us staff handle it, and you can continue having fun :D

Sorry for a sudden change. If you have any questions please PM myself or Moka, and sorry for a change

Thank You
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Re: New Banning Policy

Postby Moka » November 7th, 2011, 1:04 am

I've updated the Universal Rules to reflect these changes. You can see the changes under "General Offences", where this changed policy is applied.
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Postby FlipMode » November 7th, 2011, 1:23 am

Seems a little unnecessary, to put it politely.
Yeah, great I guess lol. What happens if your break one rule, and then another, is the inst-ban only if you break the same rule twice?
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby KingKivuli » November 7th, 2011, 1:27 am

break any 2 rules
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

My darkness is light

Postby Misiziri » November 7th, 2011, 2:52 am

:cutenala:

Kinda harsh... but I guess it'll keep any trouble-makers off the site :3
Misiziri

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): La'Vie
Pride Points: 168

Postby KingKivuli » November 7th, 2011, 2:56 am

you say its harsh but we are giving a total of 3 chances ( warn, apology and warn) if you cant learn your lesson then... well you gotta go. we dont WANT to do it but end of they day cant keep trolls around people do get upset and hurt, ive had to deal with some right nasty cases before
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

My darkness is light

Postby Misiziri » November 7th, 2011, 2:58 am

Yeah, but 6 months for 2 strikes... :cutesimba:

I shouldn't have said anything, it doesn't matter anyways I think most everyone here abides by the rules so no worries x3
Misiziri

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): La'Vie
Pride Points: 168

Postby MalibuTrashDog » November 7th, 2011, 3:06 am

This is silly.
MalibuTrashDog
Daddy Atsume

The trash that collects you.

Nickname(s): Malibu, Sam
Pride Points: 100

Postby Ultra Fox » November 7th, 2011, 3:34 am

It doesn't take a person 6 months to reflect upon what they've done and apologize...

imo that should be like a month or something. 6 months is a long time...
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

woRSt MoVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Nickname(s): meem machine >;)
Pride Points: 97

Postby Regulus » November 7th, 2011, 3:55 am

I'm going to agree that this is slightly unnecessary, to be honest. From what I've seen so far, this seems to be one of the least troll infested forums around the internet.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Next

Return to News & Announcements