94%
Maybe
6%
No
No votes

Total votes : 18

MLK Media Group

Postby KingKivuli » January 5th, 2012, 7:08 am

Ok so me and Moka have been discussing the idea of adding a new group to MLK. The Media group.

This will basically be a chance for the members to help me run MLK Radio, The award ceremonies and possibly other awards around the forum ie graphics award

So what's the group going to be all about? Well first off this thread is going to seeing if you guys are interested in getting involved after that in a few weeks ill open another thread where I will take applications to help me out (the group will be invite only) and for now 4 people will be picked

Out of these 4, 2 will be helping me with awards. This will include helping make the award banners, advertising, even posting the threads and more than likely giving me a poke here and there to post when im meant to :P (cause i fail at that recently). The other 2 will help me with MLK radio. this will involve picking dates, making your own sets suggesting music,m helping with requests and possibly a chance to host yourself

Now i understand there might be alot of people wanting to do this so i ahve thought up a system to make it work and it will go something like this:

Jan:
awards - group 1
radio - group 2

Feb:
awards - group 2
radio - group 1

March:
awards - group 3
radio - group 4

April:
awards - group 4
radio - group 3

Basically every 2 months my helpers will change (depending on numbers of members interested) allowing everyone the chance to have a go, and every month the 2 groups that are currently active will swap roles so they too are not stuck doing the same thing

Also when in the group you will get access to a hidden subforum where we will be able to discuss ideas and plans in secret and with no interference so to plan some nice surprises ^^

So what do you guys think? Are you interested? Any questions just leave them here and I'll get back to you
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Re: MLK Media Group

Postby Noah » January 5th, 2012, 7:22 am

I do have one question: Am I dreaming? Because this is too good to be true. ;)

I always thought the only way I could ever get involved with the staff was when I became a moderator in 24-36 months. lol. But seriously, this is a pleasant surprise and I can't express how much I am looking forward to this. Everything you just described sounds really exciting to me.
Siggy by Me

accolades: show

birthday siggy by regulus: show
Noah

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Only the lonely can play

Nickname(s): Nahaai

Postby KingKivuli » January 5th, 2012, 7:27 am

yes this is true i am actually look for members to help me out and if at least 4 people really want to do it and can prove they can commit then yes it will all happen
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Postby DGFone » January 5th, 2012, 7:35 am

Wow. I always wanted to help out with MLK radio (I always hate it when technical errors kill it), but never got around to actually asking you if there is any way I can. Until now!And I'll be able to put some of my computer n3rd skillz to the test. :)

So yes, I am very interested!
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Tabby » January 5th, 2012, 7:37 am

Does it mean those awards like Fan Art Artist/Graphi artist/AMV maker/Fan Fic Writer/RP player of the month, would possibly be back with that media group? =D

BTW, how can one get invited to that? x), I would really be really interested in the graphics parts, like banners and stuff, since I'm even host in the graphics of the week one x)

So, I really hope this to happen, lol

Victory, at last!
Tabby
Back from the ashes

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Deess, LxL, Jose, Bean, Burrito
Pride Points: 103

Postby KingKivuli » January 5th, 2012, 7:40 am

for now it would be general member of the month but i hope to bring back the select awards in time

as for how to get involved, in a week or 2 another thread will go up where ill ask people to 'apply' for a post to help out. if you pass (wont be that hard) you get in. it is first come first served. anyone else wanting to help would have to wait a couple of months
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

My darkness is light

Postby Noah » January 5th, 2012, 7:51 am

[quote="SimbaCanHazDonut"]Does it mean those awards like Fan Art Artist/Graphi artist/AMV maker/Fan Fic Writer/RP player of the month, would possibly be back with that media group? =D

BTW, how can one get invited to that? x), I would really be really interested in the graphics parts, like banners and stuff, since I'm even host in the graphics of the week one x)

So, I really hope this to happen, lol[/quote]

SCHD, I think this group is only for people north of the equator. :lol: LOL. I AM COMPLETELY JOKING.

Seriously, you would make a great addition.
Siggy by Me

accolades: show

birthday siggy by regulus: show
Noah

Only the lonely can play

Nickname(s): Nahaai

Postby VitaniOutsider » January 5th, 2012, 9:37 am

This is so cool! We should do it!
~VitaniOutsider

My Current RPs:

Freedom OC Pride

Gift from Feathertail coming soon!

VitaniOutsider

I fail at chatting!

Nickname(s): VO, Vitani
Pride Points: 2

Postby Woeler » January 5th, 2012, 2:04 pm

Would be a very good idea. The team can give structure to the awards and other activities on the forum. People will get experienced with their tasks. I would like to say that I'm very interested.

I would also like to add that it may be useful tom broadcast mlk radio more than once since we're gathering more European members. It's always on when I'm asleep.
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Pride Points: 120

Postby KingKivuli » January 5th, 2012, 2:32 pm

[quote="Woeler1"]Would be a very good idea. The team can give structure to the awards and other activities on the forum. People will get experienced with their tasks. I would like to say that I'm very interested.

I would also like to add that it may be useful tom broadcast mlk radio more than once since we're gathering more European members. It's always on when I'm asleep.[/quote]

the forum does have a few members from Europe already but the forum is most active later one ie from 11pm to about 4am. Thats why i run it so late to cover america where most members are.

having the radio earlier just is not worth it, i used to start at like 8pm GMT and that failed with hardly any viewers save for the last hour
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

My darkness is light

Next

Return to News & Announcements