94%
Maybe
6%
No
No votes

Total votes : 18

Re: MLK Media Group

Postby DGFone » January 8th, 2012, 12:06 am

The radio is done by KK, so let him decide when it airs.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby FlipMode » January 8th, 2012, 12:09 am

^ Doesn't that kind of defeat the point of the radio part of the media group? lol
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby DGFone » January 8th, 2012, 12:13 am

We can help him create it, but in the end, KK is the benevolent dictator who decides when to air the show. Yes, as an American, I got the best timing for it, but it doesn't mean that there were days when I missed it. (I missed most of the past 2 shows). So even with KK trying to air it when there are the most listeners, there will always be those who will miss it.

I can only suggest to enjoy the show when you do get it, because that's what I do.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby FlipMode » January 8th, 2012, 12:30 am

All I am saying is by that logic we should not bother with the media group thing. There is absolutely nothing stopping anyone else from hosting MLK Radio other than KK saying "No" but if as soon as someone suggests something you will say "Let KK decide, its his thing, not yours." then there is not much point in having a community of members making suggestions and planning dates / times / events.

And das it, the last I am saying on the matter, at least in this thread.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Noah » January 8th, 2012, 12:40 am

It should be a community thing. But give credit where it's due. KK started MLK Radio. He should get final say in the matters. The Media Group Thing is just for input. Here a good analogy:

Moka started and runs MyLionKing and for help he has Moderators
KingKivuli started and runs MLK Radio and for help he has The Media Group People

That might be simplifying things, but the main idea still remains.
Siggy by Me

accolades: show

birthday siggy by regulus: show
Noah

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Only the lonely can play

Nickname(s): Nahaai

Postby Woeler » January 8th, 2012, 12:57 am

[quote="Noahcs"]It should be a community thing. But give credit where it's due. KK started MLK Radio. He should get final say in the matters. The Media Group Thing is just for input. Here a good analogy:

Moka started and runs MyLionKing and for help he has Moderators
KingKivuli started and runs MLK Radio and for help he has The Media Group People

That might be simplifying things, but the main idea still remains.[/quote]

BA DUM TSSSSSSSSS

I mean well written...
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 120

Postby Noah » January 10th, 2012, 5:05 am

[quote="KingKivuli"]for now it would be general member of the month but i hope to bring back the select awards in time

as for how to get involved, in a week or 2 another thread will go up where ill ask people to 'apply' for a post to help out. if you pass (wont be that hard) you get in. it is first come first served. anyone else wanting to help would have to wait a couple of months[/quote]

Hmmm...just thought of something. You made this post on the 5th of January and "a week or 2" from then would be around January 12 or January 19. That's almost half the month gone. In your first post, you mentioned January being the month this will all start in. That would leave a limited amount of time for the Group 1 members to participate. Or has the starting month been moved to February? Regardless, has a date been set for the applications thread? :/
Siggy by Me

accolades: show

birthday siggy by regulus: show
Noah

Only the lonely can play

Nickname(s): Nahaai

Postby SnowyCheetah » January 10th, 2012, 8:29 am

I am very interested but at the moment my living situation doesn't permit me talking on shows and stuff. But I can help with the other stuff.

That 2in diameter fart can probably adds at least 50bhp.
SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

is mayonnaise a gender

Nickname(s): Snowy, Snow, Sno, SC, SS, Snowball, Stormy
Pride Points: 23

Postby KingKivuli » January 11th, 2012, 12:38 am

[quote="Noahcs"][quote="KingKivuli"]for now it would be general member of the month but i hope to bring back the select awards in time

as for how to get involved, in a week or 2 another thread will go up where ill ask people to 'apply' for a post to help out. if you pass (wont be that hard) you get in. it is first come first served. anyone else wanting to help would have to wait a couple of months[/quote]

Hmmm...just thought of something. You made this post on the 5th of January and "a week or 2" from then would be around January 12 or January 19. That's almost half the month gone. In your first post, you mentioned January being the month this will all start in. That would leave a limited amount of time for the Group 1 members to participate. Or has the starting month been moved to February? Regardless, has a date been set for the applications thread? :/[/quote]

I was just using those months as examples it will start when everything is ready for it
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Postby AdAstrα » January 11th, 2012, 1:07 am

This sounds like a really great idea! :)
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements