New changes that are going to happen

Re: New changes that are going to happen

Postby LionsAreKings » February 8th, 2012, 9:58 pm

well... this just got ugly :/

Try listening to their music and getting rid of your "filters"
LionsAreKings
The Irregular

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Josh, LAK, LRK
Pride Points: 33

Postby Woeler » February 8th, 2012, 9:59 pm

[quote="WildSimba"]That's referring to the Laws of Motion, not this site. lol So, I'm going to have to ask you to stay on topic, seriously... this is getting ridiculous. This has nothing to do with science.[/quote]

I'm sure others will get the message behind that picture. as for the spam. It's the task of the mods and the admins to keep spam from being there. Now you're doing the opposite. Sparking up the TLK discussions is and exellent idea. But deleting whole forum sections was just uncalled for.

I'm simply giving my views and nothing keeps me from doing so. It does not matter if you take them in account or not, It's just that I have done something to defend the views I have.
Last edited by Woeler on February 8th, 2012, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 120

Postby Noah » February 8th, 2012, 9:59 pm

[quote="Simbaholic"]Dictatorship much?
'We disagree with your opinion so we're going to delete it.'

Honestly, that's bullcrap.[/quote]
We would never delete someone's post because we don't agree with it. We are talking about posts that are pointless and shouldn't have been made to begin with.

[quote="Woeler1"] But deleting whole forum sections was just uncalled for.[/quote]
It's not open heart surgery. If we messed up, we can fix it. Hakuna Matata. No Worries.
Siggy by Me

accolades: show

birthday siggy by regulus: show
Noah

Only the lonely can play

Nickname(s): Nahaai

Postby Simbaholikov » February 8th, 2012, 10:01 pm

[quote="WildSimba"]That's referring to the Laws of Motion, not this site. lol So, I'm going to have to ask you to stay on topic, seriously... this is getting ridiculous. This has nothing to do with science.

[quote="Simbaholic"][quote="WildSimba"]I think the whole permission thing has been confused. It's probably going to be a system set up for The Den, just like for new members, where every post in the den has to be approved before being put in there. Just like new members need to have their first post approved. You wouldn't have to PM a mod to do it. [/quote]

Dictatorship much?
'We disagree with your opinion so we're going to delete it.'

Honestly, that's bullcrap.[/quote]

Has nothing to do with disagreeing with people's opinions. There are a lot of stupid threads in The Den that shouldn't just be floating there. All we're doing by not doing this, is just allowing The Den to get messier and messier. We're trying to clean it up. Again, not doing this would go along with being Counter-Productive.[/quote]

Considering it was never really 'messy' in the first place requiring tidying up, I'd say you're wasting your time.

Oh, and one more thing..

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

[quote]
We would never delete someone's post because we don't agree with it. We are talking about posts that are pointless and shouldn't have been made to begin with.[/quote]

Whut's seems pointless to you may not be for others.
Simbaholikov

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Awali » February 8th, 2012, 10:02 pm

I don't see what the fuss is about.. I'm with Tekir on this one.

[quote="Tekir"]
These changes will probably feel like removing a band aid quickly for some people. It might hurt and create some complains but it's going to be better after.[/quote]

We press play, don't press pause.
Progress, march on.
With the veil over our eyes,
we turn our back on the cause.
'Till the day that my uncles can be united by law,
when kids are walking 'round the hallway plagued by pain in their heart.
A world so hateful some would rather die than be who they are.
And a certificate on paper isn't gonna solve it all,
but it's a good place to start.
Awali

Nickname(s): Awali, Rj.

Postby WildSimba » February 8th, 2012, 10:02 pm

[quote="Woeler1"][quote="WildSimba"]That's referring to the Laws of Motion, not this site. lol So, I'm going to have to ask you to stay on topic, seriously... this is getting ridiculous. This has nothing to do with science.[/quote]

I'm sure others will get the message behind that picture. as for the spam. It's the task of the mods and the admins to keep spam from being there. Now you're doing the opposite. Sparking up the TLK discussions is and exellent idea. But deleting whole forum sections was just uncalled for.

I'm simply giving my views and nothing keeps me from doing so. It does not matter if you take them in account or not, It's just that I have done something to defend the views I have.[/quote]

We didn't delete entire areas. We deleted a few topics in those areas, and are renaming sections to make them fit in with multiple topics. It's just a matter of organizing, and making it all less spammy.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby Woeler » February 8th, 2012, 10:06 pm

[quote="WildSimba"]
We didn't delete entire areas. We deleted a few topics in those areas, and are renaming sections to make them fit in with multiple topics. It's just a matter of organizing, and making it all less spammy.[/quote]

I really, really really hope this will turn out well, I think it would be best to have no games at all in the den as to have it spammed like it is now. However I trust that you will look seriously at my (and others) posts.

(Yes I love MeMe's)
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Postby LionsAreKings » February 8th, 2012, 10:11 pm

[quote="OriginalLelis"]I don't see what the fuss is about.. I'm with Tekir on this one.

Tekir wrote:
These changes will probably feel like removing a band aid quickly for some people. It might hurt and create some complains but it's going to be better after.[/quote]

^THIS.
Where are all of these hate comments coming from? Seriously, its not that big of a change! It's just a CLEAN UP. Stop your complaining, and get over it. There are better things you guys could be doing than complaining about a couple of MINOR changes.
Try listening to their music and getting rid of your "filters"
LionsAreKings
The Irregular

Nickname(s): Josh, LAK, LRK
Pride Points: 33

Postby Woeler » February 8th, 2012, 10:17 pm

This is causing drama again. Let's just take this to pm. All I want is that people look at the things against the new policies, that's all. Take them in account and do with them whatever you want. I did not spend 30 minutes on writing that long message for nothing.

I'm stopping to post here. people just pm me.

yay I gained a pridepoint
Woeler

Postby FlipMode » February 9th, 2012, 1:09 am

[quote="LionsAreKings"][quote="OriginalLelis"]I don't see what the fuss is about.. I'm with Tekir on this one.

Tekir wrote:

^THIS.
Where are all of these hate comments coming from? Seriously, its not that big of a change! It's just a CLEAN UP. Stop your complaining, and get over it. There are better things you guys could be doing than complaining about a couple of MINOR changes.[/quote]

Agreed. I still think the approval for posts in the OT areas is a terrible idea though.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements