Reminder

Reminder

Postby Moka » March 27th, 2012, 9:54 am

Hi guys, just wanted to remind everyone of a few things.

First, a reminder that swearing is against the rules. We've actually been getting complaints from parents about profanity. So, please don't swear.

Second, the staff have changed the rules slightly so they'd be clearer. We also changed the wording on some rules and added some rules. We added "Backseat moderating" as a general offence and added a "light swearing" slight offence. Blatant profanity is still a general offence. There were other minor changes. I would highly recommend reading the rules over again, as they may have changed since you joined the forum.

And finally, I would like to remind everyone to report behavior that is against the rules. We'd like to catch this kind of stuff early so it doesn't escalate and turn the forum into a flame war! =D So, please use the report feature on posts and PM's that you think might be against the rules.

Thanks! :>
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Re: Reminder

Postby KingKivuli » March 27th, 2012, 10:00 am

Just to add on to what Moka is saying about the reporting stuff. There has never been a case where a member tries to handle things and it comes out well, its always caused more drama. Now with the rule changes not only will the person who started it all get punished but so can you if it looks like backseat modding. There's no need for you to jump in thinking 'I can solve this'

Leave it to the mods and get on with just having fun on MLK, its our job to do that but we need your help
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Postby WildSimba » March 27th, 2012, 10:08 am

And to add one more point in order to stop the confusion with what exactly a moderator is I will quote this:

[quote="Moka"]A moderator is not a police officer. A moderator is a knowledgeable community leader that moves the MLK community in the right direction.[/quote]

The moderators aren't a police force. We're here to help keep the community in order. I hate when people compare us to something such as a police officer (or a Nazi, pssh -.-), because that's not what we're here to do.

Also, members are really important as well. Believe it or not, this community would work so much smoother if members actually reported stuff more often.

I also want to urge one more thing. If your not comfortable with reporting, or you have some feedback in general about the site, feel free to send it in here: http://www.mylionking.com/feedback/

Remember if you send in things there, your name will be anonymous. Of course that doesn't mean to use it to slander the site and all it's members, but it can be used in order for you to bring stuff to our attention.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby Woeler » March 27th, 2012, 2:13 pm

Seems like a good change!
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 120

Postby Roger_Klotz » March 28th, 2012, 12:56 am

I like the change. Good job!
'90s Kids Unite @ https://generationz.jcink.net
Roger_Klotz

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby SophieCub » March 28th, 2012, 10:36 pm

I guess I can live with tha slight change. xD
SophieCub
Childhood Spirit

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): SC, Sofaloaf, Soph
Pride Points: 139

Return to News & Announcements