Happy 15th Anniversary, TLK!

Re: Happy 15th Anniversary, TLK!

Postby CheetahCat » June 24th, 2009, 11:21 pm

Wonderful speeches everyone! I really do enjoy reading up what everyone's past was like in regards to Lion King. :)

It seems we all experienced around the same issue and it's great to meet more lions/lionesses that share the same passion. ^^ I totally didn't expect that TLK will have such a big fan base, especially with a Disney film. hehe. I'm very happy to have met you all too, especially from TLKPF and MLK. ^^ To me, we're all one big happy Pride and I'm already looking forward of spending another Anniversary in the future with you all once more. Even though this marks the 15th Anniversary for TLK, I know we won't be getting anything in regards to the film from Disney lol. :) Although it is an amazing experience to celebrate TLK with a lot of you! ^^ This is probably one of the best parties I've been too, even though I'm a bit late lol. This doesn't really help either do to the fact I have to go somewhere.

I'm looking forward of seeing you all later on today. ^^

I wish the best of luck to you all! ^^ (huggles everyone)

:)
CheetahCat
Tea Guzzler

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Meow.

Nickname(s): TeenSimba, Si, TS
Pride Points: 9

Postby Katelyn23 » June 24th, 2009, 11:25 pm

This definitely has been an amazing party in my opinion. Once again, for the sake of TLK: "Happy 15th Anniversary Disney's The Lion King." I really wish Disney was going to do something for this VERY special day, but obviously they don't want to. >.>

Katelyn23
We are the champions.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I be speakin' swaghili.

Pride Points: 20

Postby KiarasMate » June 24th, 2009, 11:27 pm

(yawns and stretches)

Mmm, good sleep. hehe. ^^ I forgot to mention that all of you had amazing stories relating to TLK. ^^ I enjoyed reading each and everyone of them and it just goes to show you how epic TLK truly is. hehe. ^^ Sorry for all the typos in my post. Don't know how all those J's got in there and typing when you're sleepy is like riding a bike backwards, while blindfolded down the interstate. It's just not going to turn out pretty. lol. ^^ Maybe I'll fix those typos later on. ^^
KiarasMate
Legendary Lion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): KM

Postby Katelyn23 » June 24th, 2009, 11:30 pm

LOL KM, I was kind of wondering myself where all these J's were coming from lol. ^^ But don't worry about the typos, your speech was so amazing anyway, even though it was long, it was DEFINITELY worth reading for that 30orso minutes it took me lol. I agree, everyone had very wonderful stories, it was lots of fun reading how everyone fell in love with TLK. Especially because they weren't all exactly the same so it was very interesting to find new things out about everyone. ^^

Katelyn23
We are the champions.

I be speakin' swaghili.

Postby Panda-chan » June 24th, 2009, 11:51 pm

Great stories everyone! I had no idea TLK impacted everyones' lives so much. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TLK! ^^
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Postby Katelyn23 » June 24th, 2009, 11:54 pm

I'm trying to get one last TLK marathon in before 12:00am tonight lol. ^^ I was surprised by how much TLK has impacted everyone else's lives just like mine as well. It's so surprising to see a film do that, but I guess when you have a film as great as TLK, it isn't surprising lol. ^^

Katelyn23
We are the champions.

I be speakin' swaghili.

Postby KiarasMate » June 25th, 2009, 12:33 am

Yeah, I have to get in a TLK Marathon too. ^^ Seeing as YouTube is down right now, I'll just get my fix from the DVDs. :) Once again, Happy 15th Anniversary to TLK and to all of you as well. ^^ Now, where's the cake? lol. ^^
KiarasMate
Legendary Lion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SimbaandShenzifan » June 25th, 2009, 1:12 am

Hey guys. Lovely stories here! 8-) :)

Well...my love for TLK started all the way back in 1994, when TLK came out. I don't remember seeing it in the theatre, but I remember seeing it MANY times at home. Like the Aristocats, 101 Dalmations, and Land Before Time it was one of my MOST favorite animated animal movies EVER. I have ALWAYS loved Simba and I would take my floppy Simba plushie with me to different places. I remember playing the computer storybook game when I was 4-8 years old. I also played the activity center game at my cousins house. My younger cousin liked Nala and I loved Simba. I used to have A LOT of things TLK, but I gave a lot of it away when I was like ten or something. I was more interested in Land Before Time, Spongebob, and some other things. Then I think the sequel came out when I was nine. Kiara was an instant favorite for me. :) :innocent: And I actually liked the sequel better then the original. Later, I just wasn't a fan of TLK anymore. I mean I liked it, but I was just casual about it.

Then when I was 13 or 14, I saw some spoofs on youtube, they were spoofs made from Kobrakorabis and honestly, I was annoyed by the love of TLK with some people I was thinking, "Ok...The Lion King is a GOOD movie...but it shouldn't be revolved around a single person's life!" :roll:

Then I saw the movie again once I bought the DVD on amazon last year. I had my memories come back and now I LOVE the first one A LOT more then the original. I joined the old The Lion King Pride Forum, because I wanted to find a forum that was specifically focused on TLK. Then I moved to the new one. Now I am here.

Mufasa's philosophy of life I think is the truth really. The Lion King to me is a VERY spiritual film. It talks about how everyone is all connected. Now it doesn't seem like we are connected, but whenever someone does something in their environment, it always effects everyone else. I'll give proof. Scar killed Mufasa and THOUGHT, the hyenas killed Simba. It effected the pride in a negative manner, and because Scar was power-hungry and self centered, he was a terrible leader and it affected the land.

Now I will give an example to real life. Someone has chronic depression and think about committing suicide. :cry: They don't think anyone really cares about them, so when they die, it effects the other people that cared about them and gives them an instant shock because of the death. :o :(

However, to end this in a lighter note, I believe The Lion King truly is a great film. Not EVERYONE has to like it, but to us Lion King fans, it is a movie that truly means a lot to us and has a specific meaning to us. Life is precious, and even though everyone is in a seperate body, the action of one person will and can effect the other. So...in conclustion...we are all connected in the great circle of life. Praise to the

The Lion King.

:D :) :hmm: :evil: :lol: :? :disgust: :lol2: :luau: :understanding: :smirk: :please: :pretty: :innocent2: :happy2:
Mood:Image

Keeper of :shenzismile:Image

Mood Button: Simbadaholic
Keeper Buttons: Moka and Simba
SimbaandShenzifan

Pride Points: 1

Postby Katelyn23 » June 25th, 2009, 5:30 am

One last time I would like to say:

Happy 15th Anniversary, The Lion King!
Since it is the end of the day for me.

Hey everyone, first of all I would like to say THANK YOU to everyone who was able to attend the Anniversary party today. This was a very special day and I'm glad you all had a chance to chat with everyone. Another thing I would like to say is everyone's speeches and stories that had to deal with TLK were absolutely amazing, and they were so much fun to read. ^^

Now back to the thank you's. Thank you for making this VERY SPECIAL day so enjoyable for me, it really made TLK's 15th Anniversary the best day for any TLK fan. I tried to be on the most I could for the day, and I was able to chat with a lot of people today, and that was a LOT of fun hehe. I'm sorry I couldn't make something REALLY epic for this special day, the only thing I really made was a banner saying "Happy 15th, TLK." I would have loved to have made an AMV but the sad side of the story is I didn't have clips from TLK to make it with. *sigh*

But anyway, I would once again like to thank TLK for everything it has done for me in my life, my speech says how it has impacted me lol. I really didn't think a Disney movie would ever turn out to have a Fan Base as big as TLK has, but I am so glad it does because it just goes to show how truly amazing this film is. ^^

I'm sad that the day is nearly ended for me, I did a few TLK marathons during this day just to show my love for the film, and just because I haven't done a marathon in awhile so this was a special occasion, it was just calling for a marathon lol. ^^ I hope everyone got a chance to at least watch TLK once in honour of our great film. I know there are some members who still have an hour or so left of June 24th, 2009 left for them so I wish you all a "Happy 15th Anniversary of TLK." This has definitely been one of the best days of my life and definitely one of the best times I've had on ANY TLK forum yet. Thank you all for this amazing day I got to have!

- Katelyn23

Katelyn23
We are the champions.

I be speakin' swaghili.

Postby KiarasMate » June 25th, 2009, 6:40 am

Yes indeed. ^^ Thank you to everyone who shared their stories about TLK and how it impacted their lives. ^^ They were all amazing and I feel as though we've grown closer to one another in just a single day and over a single movie, but we all know that it is more than just a movie. :) It's TLK! lol. Happy 15th Anniversary one more time to TLK and thank you all for making this day very special indeed. ^^ I got to watch TLK once, since I woke up sort of late and my brother came home early, so he was on my PS3. lol. But it was still a memorable day for sure and I owe it all to all of you and of course, to TLK! ^^ Long live the king of all movies! :) See you all in 5 years for TLK's 20th Anni! YES! We will all still be here, along with a million new faces to our Pride! :) Looking forward to that day. ^^
KiarasMate
Legendary Lion

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements