Rulechanges MoTM

Re: Rulechanges MoTM

Postby Mist » February 7th, 2013, 8:18 pm

Is "He/she is an amazing artist" a good reason? :>
The Lion King is epic!! :D
Mist
Tippy

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Tippy
Pride Points: 6

Postby WildSimba » February 8th, 2013, 3:06 am

[quote="FlipMode"]It's insecure to vote for your friends? Gee and here I was thinking I was voting for them because I happen to, y'know, like them... It doesn't matter if someone "contributes" I'm still not nominating them unless I know them at least a bit, everyone voted for Noah without knowing him and he turned out to be a butt.

Ideally someone would be a good mix of both contributive and friendly with other members.[/quote]

I agree with you Flip. It doesn't matter if they just contribute, you do have to at least be friends with them somewhat in order to make the choice to nominate them. I personally don't think it's a problem you vote for your friends as long as you at least give a good reason to why you're voting for them. I don't even think just "voting for friends" is really the whole issue, I think it's more that people need to actually explain why they're voting for someone.

And sure people join to talk about TLK, but they stay for the Atmosphere, do they not? If people only contributed to TLK sections, this forum would be so boring. And I think people here realized that the films have been talked about to death, and anything that was to be said about them, really, has already been said.

Also, the reason the MotM was made in the first place was so that people didn't specifically win just based on their contributions, but also for other factors, such as them being a nice, welcoming member.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby DGFone » February 8th, 2013, 3:23 am

[quote="WildSimba"]
Also, the reason the MotM was made in the first place was so that people didn't specifically win just based on their contributions, but also for other factors, such as them being a nice, welcoming member.[/quote]

But the biggest flaw with this system is that there aren't enough months in the year to give the award to everyone who deserve it.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby WildSimba » February 8th, 2013, 3:32 am

[quote="DGFone"][quote="WildSimba"]
Also, the reason the MotM was made in the first place was so that people didn't specifically win just based on their contributions, but also for other factors, such as them being a nice, welcoming member.[/quote]

But the biggest flaw with this system is that there aren't enough months in the year to give the award to everyone who deserve it.[/quote]

But there's always next year, then. And this is all just in good fun. This is just a TLK forum, no one is going to be in tears because they didn't win a MotM contest. lol, I made it into the voting round quite a few months last year, and made it pretty close a few times, and you don't see me complaining that I didn't win.

As it is right now, I think the rules are fair enough. Well, as fair as a MotM competition on a TLK forum is going to ever get. If you put too many rules on it, it just won't become fun anymore.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby Timon the great » February 15th, 2013, 7:29 am

I think the main thing here about this, is that someone regularly contributing anything TLK or in those sections, Should be a rule of thumb. Because this is what this forum is based on.

Yet, I don't think nominating a kind/friendly member is bad. Then again, it's human nature for most people to stay in their comfort area, and choose people who they already know and are friends with.

[quote="WildSimba"]And I think people here realized that the films have been talked about to death, and anything that was to be said about them, really, has already been said.[/quote]

Not necessarily. If I wanted to and made enough time for it, I could sit down and think about several new topic ideas, at a time, to post. Particularly in the TLK movies area. I actually spent a few minutes doing that once already not long ago, and was amazed at the few ideas I wrote down on paper, that I will be getting to on here soon.
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Previous

Return to News & Announcements