Rulechanges MoTM

Rulechanges MoTM

Postby Woeler » February 2nd, 2013, 7:59 pm

Hello everyone,

We're just going to announce some new rules that will be applied to the Member of the Month contest. We (the media group) have been discussing the MoTM for a while. We felt some changes were needed. You can also have your own say in this, maybe propose a rule or change.

These rules are going to be applied starting with MoTM February 2013:
- Every nomination should be accompanied by at least one good reason.
- Nominations without reasons will not be counted.
- ''He/she is a good friend'' (or any variation on this argument) is not a valid reason.
- Nominated members must have been active in the past 3 months.

Examples of good reasons:
- Person X Makes amazing contributions to the MLK writing contests
- Person X Knows and posts a lot about TLK in the tlk sections
- Person X Makes great signatures for members who ask for them
- Person X Does a very good job as an admin/moderator
- Person X Has been very helpful to new members

Dates:
- Nominations will start every 10th of the month.
- Voting will start every 20th of the month.
- Winners will be announced every 1st of the next month.

The people posting these threads will be:
- DGFone
- Woeler

Recent banners have been made by Regulus. If you would like to make one, feel free to send one of us a message!

If there is anything you'd like to see added, feel free to post it right here. We (the media group) will discuss them and add the ones that seem useful.

Thank you
Last edited by Woeler on April 29th, 2013, 12:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 120

Re: Rulechanges MoTM

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » February 2nd, 2013, 8:18 pm

Seems fair enough ^^ If I think of anything I'll let you know
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm getting there, one clumsy step at a time

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 149

Postby ScarsLove » February 2nd, 2013, 8:29 pm

These rules should've been there a long time ago. I'm glad they're in play now so it's not just a popularity contest.

Image Image Image Image

Spoiler: show
ScarsLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

"All's well that's well for me"

Nickname(s): Wolfy, Nikki
Pride Points: 70

Postby Tora » February 2nd, 2013, 9:02 pm

Interesting, but I'm just curious what defines a "good" reason? ;)
Tora
Never Forget

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always Remain Hopeful

Nickname(s): Tim; Torasaur; T-saur; Rora; Goku
Pride Points: 129

Postby Regulus » February 2nd, 2013, 9:14 pm

Short of predefining a list of reasons that are considered good, I'm not entirely sure how we're going to pull this off either.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Woeler » February 2nd, 2013, 9:20 pm

[quote="Tora"]Interesting, but I'm just curious what defines a "good" reason? ;)[/quote]
[quote="Regulus"]Short of predefining a list of reasons that are considered good, I'm not entirely sure how we're going to pull this off either.[/quote]
Editted.
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Pride Points: 120

Postby Arani » February 2nd, 2013, 10:59 pm

Sounds good to me! I do think these should have been added a while back, but better late then never! ^^
Arani

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 56

Postby DGFone » February 2nd, 2013, 11:07 pm

I think we should include this change to the rules for what qualifies as a good reason: I've seen a lot of "X was a good mod" lately, but that was it, giving the impression that the member was simply nominating people who were mods.

So instead of simply saying "X was a good mod," I think it is best to explain, such as: "X was a good mod because..."
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby MrTitans » February 2nd, 2013, 11:24 pm

[quote="Wolf Song"]These rules should've been there a long time ago. I'm glad they're in play now so it's not just a popularity contest. [/quote]

Also with this people nominate their friends all the time

Avatar: made by Shadow my mother<3 Siggy by Regulus, Jirani, Shadowfax, KristinaKiara and DatLioness.
MrTitans
Nalas true mate

I still Want Nala

Nickname(s): GearsofWar, Gears, Mio
Pride Points: 19

Postby AdAstrα » February 2nd, 2013, 11:28 pm

These changes sound good to me. Can't think of anything I'd like to add, but if I do I shall let you know.
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Next

Return to News & Announcements