The Lion Guard (2015 / 2016)

Re: The Lion Guard (2015 / 2016)

Postby Todd23 » June 10th, 2014, 11:23 pm

Because when I think of a movie to turn into a pre-school show, I think of a movie where a guy kills his brother and deceives his brother's son into thinking he was the one who killed him. That's inspired by Hamlet. Makes total sense to me!

To be honest, though, it'll probably be okay for it's target audience but I do think it's kind of a weird idea in the first place...
Todd23

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Postby Carl » June 10th, 2014, 11:25 pm

[quote="Zazulover4915"]I'm glad to know that Zazu will be making appearances, but if why would they use Kion instead of Kopa?[/quote]
Because Kopa is not, never has been, and never will be canon. The filmmakers of SP never knew about him, the guys making this probably didn't either.

And everyone, about the Kiara issue, after double checking the article, it does refer to her as Kion's older sister.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby DGFone » June 10th, 2014, 11:27 pm

Then Kovu is out of a job then. :lol:
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Perrys Girlfriend » June 10th, 2014, 11:36 pm

I know that this is supposed to be geared towards little kids, but I'm gonna watch this anyway.
I forever remember my grandfather, Scott, who died on August 10, 2015 at the age of 60. R.I.P
Perrys Girlfriend
Robert Muldoon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

He saved lives by giving his

Nickname(s): Sam, Samie, Sammi Jo, JP candy warden :D
Pride Points: 19

Postby ex-pridelander » June 10th, 2014, 11:37 pm

Really quite excited to see how this turns out; hopefully the show won't be too patronizing for our demographic. Also, this is my first post so hey guys. :)

It's always interesting when Kopa is brought into the "canon" discussion; when I first came across the first image of Kion I legitimately thought it was Kopa.
ex-pridelander
against a blood red sky

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby SimbasGuard » June 11th, 2014, 12:01 am

I am so far beyond The Target Demographic that it isn't even funny. I am still extremely excited about this show and I will definitely buy The series on DVD. It doesn't bother Me at all that Simba And Nala have another cub, what gives me pause is a group of cubs defending The Pride Lands? That's a job for the Adult Pride Males. Maybe this Lion Guard will just be looking after the well being of The Pride Lands and it's inhabitants. Not opposing take over attempts. With the theme of conservation the former makes sense. Another thing we should all keep in mind is that even though by the time the special premieres seventeen years will have passed between Lion King 2 and this series I doubt that the same amount of time will have passed for our favorite Lion Pride. Personally I think this series will probably be set only a few months after Lion King 2. I'd say seven months at the most. 8-)
Last edited by SimbasGuard on August 14th, 2014, 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Carl » June 11th, 2014, 12:07 am

[quote="SimbasGuard"]what gives me pause is a group of cubs defending The Pride Lands? That's a job for the Adult Pride Males.[/quote]
That concerned me, too, at first. Then I remembered how many kids shows go (I have to see lots of them daily because of babysitting my cousin) and how many children act. Considering the fact that Kion is a cub and his "lion guard" is made up of a bunch of different animals, it is my speculation that the "lion guard" will be a group of Kion's own creation, not an official legitimate group designed to actually literally protect the land. Now, considering it is a kids' show, I am sure the adults will at least talk to Kion as if it is a real position, and I'm sure he will do things that a cub should not be able to handle and get into lots of escapades. But, I think it will be kind of similar to when kids are playing cops or something, where they're like "hey, I'm protecting the city! Look at me!"

That's my speculation, at least. We'll see in time I suppose. :P
Last edited by Carl on June 11th, 2014, 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Ninaroja » June 11th, 2014, 12:08 am

So many post Simba's Pride fanfics are going to be made completely redundant now :lol: Will this count as canon, I wonder? Unless Mufasa's appearances are in ghost form, probably not.

Well, seeing as there is apparently going to be a TV movie, all those posts I made in like November about being absolutely certain that TLK was 100% done-zo aren't exactly true anymore...

The response I've seen outside MLK (from facebook users, mostly) has been overwhelmingly negative. I can't say I don't see why - the animation (though luckily not computer animated) seems very similar to the MLP:FiM style, kind of like "paper cut out" animation, if you see what I mean. I'll probably have a look - being a TLK maniac and all - but I'm not guaranteeing I like it, since it is aimed at at Pre-Schoolers meaning my favorite aspect of TLK, it's surprisingly dark and subtle nature, will have been removed.

Man oh man, the TLK fandom was basically a desert up until about a month ago - and now we're getting extended scores and TV shows and more movies... what a time to be alive :kiaraexcited:
Last edited by Ninaroja on June 11th, 2014, 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby KiarasBiggestFan » June 11th, 2014, 12:13 am

Who knows. Some kids shows have really dark stuff in it
KiarasBiggestFan
I am the ninja

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are one

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 3

Postby Ninaroja » June 11th, 2014, 12:17 am

Preschoolers though? Come on :lol:
I'm glad Disney seems to be returning to its roots in a sense when it comes to its TV shows now - I wish they'd do the same thing for their main channel. When I was younger their shows were mostly cartoon series based off of the movies (Young Hercules, Lilo & Stitch: The Series, The Legend of Tarzan, Emperor's New Shool etc.) i.e. stuff that was recognizably Disney.

YNK, The Lion Guard could gain an unexpected following by adults like My Little Pony did... though maybe not on the same scale
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements