The Lion Guard (2015 / 2016)

Re: The Lion Guard (2015 / 2016)

Postby Milla » May 28th, 2015, 12:39 pm

Well, in all movies and shows they always confirm that they are making it when they are almost done. so by now they are probably just doing clean-up animation. and for the new animators they want, it's probably for the TV series. most shows start making their episodes a year or something before it comes out, so they can have a few worked on and will be comfortable working on the rest.
~HAKUNA MATATA~ ~HAKUNA MATATA~ ~HAKUNA MATATA~
Milla
Simba-saurus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Muna
Pride Points: 16

Postby crownofsimba » May 28th, 2015, 5:10 pm

To be honest the movie will be less like a movie and more like a really long pilot episode, at least probably.

And a significant amount of time will be devoted to introducing the members of the Guard because that's always what happens with ensemble team shows.
crownofsimba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 5

Postby Marizzle » May 28th, 2015, 6:16 pm

[quote="crownofsimba"]And a significant amount of time will be devoted to introducing the members of the Guard because that's always what happens with ensemble team shows.[/quote]
Exactly. It's usually like this, in these type of shows.
Marizzle
Hope is the only thing

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Stronger than fear

Pride Points: 81

Postby it means no worries » May 29th, 2015, 12:53 am

cant wait for it! :)
it means no worries

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 63

Postby FireAndSun » May 31st, 2015, 2:03 am

I didn't even hear about The Lion Guard until today. I'm way behind the bandwagon when it comes to that. I don't know a whole lot about this show, seeing as I just found about it, but I'm not setting my expectations too high. I'm generally not a huge fan toward anything where the target demographic is really little kids. It's not that I find content like that necessarily bad. It's just that I feel too old for it. Some preschool-aged children's shows are eye rolling inducing anyway. At best, I think it might be really good for little kids and tolerable for the parents who watch it with them. It would be definitely be a good way to get younger kids interested in the TLK universe. When they get a bit older and are able to understand the movie, then their parents could expose them to the real deal. At worst, this could be an utter disaster that spits in the face of the original movie. I did read through the thread (I have too much time on my hands. :lol: ), and I did see that some of you posted links to material that leads me to think that this show might be better than my pessimistic mindset says it's going to be, so I'm willing to give this a chance, but I'm setting my expectations as low as they can go.
FireAndSun

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 25

Postby it means no worries » May 31st, 2015, 11:44 am

^you only judt found out :-o

im suprised there hasnt been a media storm about this :P
it means no worries

Pride Points: 63

Postby FireAndSun » May 31st, 2015, 4:48 pm

^ I really only recently started getting back into The Lion King franchise, so I didn't check on any news on it for a long time. That's why I didn't know anything about The Lion Guard until yesterday. I'm all caught up now though. :P
FireAndSun

Postby Elton John » May 31st, 2015, 4:55 pm

I want to watch it, all of it, unironically.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby FireAndSun » May 31st, 2015, 4:59 pm

I'm keeping my expectations low, since I'm not a fan of anything preschool related, but I could be surprised. I'll at least look at the first episode.
FireAndSun

Postby Cowell_lk » May 31st, 2015, 9:56 pm

[quote="Sunburst223"]I'm keeping my expectations low, since I'm not a fan of anything preschool related, but I could be surprised. I'll at least look at the first episode.[/quote]
Exactly. Im exited but at the same time im also not too exited.
Cowell_lk
Nala = bae

Nickname(s): Bacon
Pride Points: 5

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements