The Adofo Situation

Re: The Adofo Situation

Postby FlipMode » August 12th, 2015, 9:56 am

It doesn't really matter if he was hacked or not, though.
That's only one of the many lies, if what KK has said is true.
If it turns out he was hacked, which... By his cousin? Really?
Then that doesn't account for all the other stuff he apparently did.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby FeatheredSeclude » August 12th, 2015, 11:22 am

Agreed there.
FeatheredSeclude

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Feathered
Pride Points: 5

Postby Gemini » August 12th, 2015, 10:22 pm

[quote="Above-And-Beyond"]
If it turns out he was hacked, which... By his cousin? Really?[/quote]

He actually told us via PM that he lied about the cousin thing, which is kinda funny because that was the only thing we couldn't disprove about the hacker story. All his posts came from the same IP.

Of course he claimed that that was "the only thing he lied about", but... yeah, I don't buy that.

Like KK said, it was pretty much a giant mess of contradictions from the get-go.

//just figured I would add that Px
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby gothprincesskiara » August 13th, 2015, 5:01 am

Question did anyone think that he talked to much and just keep going and wont stop to let others respond? and if so was that one of the problems? :roll:
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby DGFone » August 13th, 2015, 6:08 am

I actually think the mods went a bit wrong in this thing:

HEAR ME OUT

Especially since this thing has been going on for a while, I have to ask the mods this: Why act so suddenly and so drastically? The impression I am getting is that because he wasn't warned properly early on, he didn't actually get the impression that he was doing anything seriously wrong. That allowed things to escalate to the critical mass where it all exploded and he had to be permabanned right away.

So I guess the thing I am asking is why he wasn't temp-banned earlier on? I think that would have caused him to realize that his "trying to help things" was only making things worse, and besides, I think everyone could have used a week with him off MLK to chill off.

Basically, the rules in the end exist for a reason. While I am all for being lenient when the situation allows it, not allowing controlled burns to clear out the brush is what creates the megafires that destroy lives, if you get what I am saying.

Many things could have been done differently, and IMO, better about this whole situation.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Carl » August 13th, 2015, 6:15 am

^ It was so sudden because he escalated very rapidly. And trust me, we took far longer dealing with him than we probably should have even at that point. At first he was just harassing me, and it was mild enough I didn't bother to report him because I didn't realize anything serious would come of it, at that point he was only threatening himself. Then, recently, he started threatening people and harassing the entire staff as well as other members. At that point we treated the situation as we would with anyone else, dealing out the punishments listed in the rules, yet he continued to threaten people, especially myself and KK in increasing frequency. He also threatened the site. It took a lot of time for the staff to go over what information there was and we gave him more chances than he should have gotten to stop, telling him repeatedly what would happen if he did not. He was not permabanned right away, and at the start it wasn't anything serious. The process of us warning him lasted for several weeks at least. This was not as sudden as it may seem.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby DGFone » August 13th, 2015, 6:20 am

Well, as long as everyone learned how to better deal with a situation like that in the future, I think at least some good can come of this. Hindsight is only 20/20 after all.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Gemini » August 13th, 2015, 6:37 am

I was literally about to say what Julie said. It took probably about two weeks for the staff to do anything after the initial blow-up, even with all the mountains and mountains of chat logs. He was warned several times in private and I believe he even got an official board warning.

As for why it escalated so suddenly: that was on him. I was just minding my own business when all of a sudden one day he comes to me on Skype all pissed off and complaining about Julie and how she was a bully (as well as other things I won't repeat due to the PG-13 rules). I did not start or initiate the conversation and he hadn't even talked about her since a few days ago where I pretty much told him to try to sort things out with her and that Julie didn't have anything personal against him. He was the one who kept digging himself deeper and deeper into a hole. We didn't really do anything.

He claimed Julie was harassing his friends but wouldn't tell me who it was other than it was on the FAA, and she never talks to those people. The whole thing came out of nowhere and he was punished for it; that's all I can say. His punishment is on him and IMO he was given more than enough chances to try to do better. It seemed sudden to an outside observer but I and Julie and Nina and Jack all thought he was treated very leniently. If you asked any of them I'm sure they would say so. That said, I can see why the staff waited and everything - I don't want to sound like I am saying KK did a bad job or anything - but to us it seemed like a long wait. That was just the nature of the situation (not to mention he sent the each of us like 4 long PMs on here and kept trying to contact us over and over and over on Skype and on here ever since I blocked him, which got VERY annoying very fast).

EDIT: DG beat me to the punch, but yeah, I agree. I think it did some good since next time I will know what to watch out for. I just want to make clear that he was the one who caused these problems for himself, and we did not think he was a bad person initially. If that were the case it would've been brought to people's attention earlier. :/ Unfortunately though his "nice guy" shtick was very convincing for a long while.
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby S1mb4 D4 L10n » August 13th, 2015, 6:54 am

As a previous friend of Adofo and someone who was apart of this situation, I can see why many of you would be confused at these recent events. But let me tell you, he is not the guy he led y'all to believe. Unfortunately, everyone else see's the tip of the ice berg and judges on it. His BS has been going on for months and months. I'll say it again, if anything the staff was too lenient in how they handled this. But they wanted to be thorough which I totally get (it makes the most sense). I can't help but feel a bit frustrated that most people only know 3% of what happened want to explain to everyone that this guy, especially when it involves a guy who harassed my friends (and girlfriend) more than once.

Rant over. I can't believe stuff like this happens on a TLK forum :/
S1mb4 D4 L10n
A man of knowledge lives by

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

acting, not by thinking about acting.

Nickname(s): S4mb4, Jacket, Jnack, MLK Drama Detective :P
Pride Points: 58

Postby FeatheredSeclude » August 13th, 2015, 11:45 am

Agreed to that I must say.
FeatheredSeclude

Nickname(s): Feathered
Pride Points: 5

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements