Rules are Rules

Re: Rules are Rules

Postby WildSimba » February 14th, 2010, 11:20 pm

[quote="YFWE"][quote="Simbaholic"]To be honest, the chatbox should just be removed completely.
Whenever I go in there all I see is people acting stupid and immature and it gives MLK a bad name.
Remove it and you solve the problem :)[/quote]

Not fair to the people who don't abuse their privileges of using the chatbox. And I sure don't see people "acting stupid" in there every single time I go in there. Just because a few people did a few things doesn't mean it happens all the time and doesn't mean those who use the chatbox for more civil discussion (aka most of the forum) should lose their ability to talk to others in it.[/quote]

Exactly my thought. Why take spoil the fun of others, for some peoples stupid decisions?
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby Simbaholikov » February 14th, 2010, 11:26 pm

From what i've seen, civil chat is a rarity, and immaturity is rampant.
In my honest opinion, this site would benefit from it's removal, but that's just me.
Simbaholikov

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby WildSimba » February 15th, 2010, 12:19 am

As I said before, why should everyone have too suffer, for a few peoples mistakes? This forum certainly does benifit from having the chat service, so why take it away? It promotes activity, which this forum desperately needs. Really, honestly, I think the problem revolves around the moderators hardly ever being in the chat. I mean come on, one of the Admins can't even really get on, because his computers broken. Not too be mean, but this forum is in need of a bit of a readjustment. The mods need too come on more, they need too crack down more, and they need too all do their jobs a little bit harder. I realize everyone thinks everything is perfect... but it really isn't that way.

Sorry if this was kind of out there, but I feel it's something that needed too be said. If the mods were more split through the time zones, instead of being in one area, this forum wouldn't need too take down their chatroom.
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby KiarasMate » February 15th, 2010, 12:31 am

Definitely agree with YFWE and Sparrow. ^^ The chat box is meant for members to have fun and interact directly with one another. Sometimes the fun just gets a little out of hand is all. It's not people acting stupid, it's just their way of having fun. :)
KiarasMate
Legendary Lion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): KM

Postby KingKivuli » February 15th, 2010, 12:37 am

[quote="WildSimba"]As I said before, why should everyone have too suffer, for a few peoples mistakes? This forum certainly does benifit from having the chat service, so why take it away? It promotes activity, which this forum desperately needs. Really, honestly, I think the problem revolves around the moderators hardly ever being in the chat. I mean come on, one of the Admins can't even really get on, because his computers broken. Not too be mean, but this forum is in need of a bit of a readjustment. The mods need too come on more, they need too crack down more, and they need too all do their jobs a little bit harder. I realize everyone thinks everything is perfect... but it really isn't that way.

Sorry if this was kind of out there, but I feel it's something that needed too be said. If the mods were more split through the time zones, instead of being in one area, this forum wouldn't need too take down their chatroom.[/quote]

we are sorta split, im in the uk then theres east and west coast america. however we cant just sit around watching the chatroom, we want to partake in the community as well, plus we also have personal lives. we do come on if we feel like we want to but that brings me back to one of the points i made. this is your forum as well so help the mods by reporting stuff. we are not supermen we do need help too
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Postby WildSimba » February 15th, 2010, 12:46 am

It's not split up that much... I mean...

3 CA
1 UK
1 Wisconsin

That's not split up that well. Only 2 people are actually not right next to eachother, and are in different times. Plus, I'm definately not shy with reporting. I do it, whenever I see it's needed.
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Postby LionkingLover » February 15th, 2010, 8:20 pm

I say they should keep it but no one can say anything bad or personal (Like location) And people should keep to their opinions to themselves! I've never been on it so I dont know much about it but if people are being bad then they should do this!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Spoiler: show
ImageImage
ImageImage
LionkingLover

Saddess soul on MyLionKing.

Pride Points: 0

Postby LionkingLover » February 15th, 2010, 11:20 pm

Srra wat I meant was they shood keep the chatroom but if peeps be bad do something! No one shood break the rules! This website has 2 be kid friendly!! Plz dont be bad on this website! I want no one banned!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
LionkingLover

Postby morri908 » February 15th, 2010, 11:24 pm

[quote="LionkingLover"]I say they should keep it but no one can say anything bad or personal (Like location) And people should keep to their opinions to themselves! I've never been on it so I dont know much about it but if people are being bad then they should do this![/quote]

Most of the time, people aren't being bad, it's just they're trying to have fun. The problem comes about when people go too far, and start posting inappropriate things. Or when people make fun of each other in a joking manner, but then someone gets upset and starts calling people bad things and actually mean it.
both siggies and avatar by Simba's Mate
No podemos cambiar el pasado, pero podemos dar forma al futuro
morri908

~Sarabi's Mate~ (was the first one... copy cat!)

Pride Points: 1

Postby LionkingLover » February 15th, 2010, 11:26 pm

Yea I no wat u mean.... Ur rite and then they go tooooo far! and thats wat starts a fite!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
LionkingLover

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements