Rules are Rules

Re: Rules are Rules

Postby RayCat » February 16th, 2010, 1:23 am

Hmm, maybe there should be a poll about whether to keep the chatbox or not? Then again, that could cause arguments... :/
My graphics thread
And where the journey may lead you
Let this prayer be your guide
Though it may take you so far away
Always remember your pride
RayCat

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The lion sleeps no more

Pride Points: 55

Postby KingKivuli » February 16th, 2010, 1:29 am

the chatbox will remain, only he people who cause issues shall be punished
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Postby LionkingLover » February 16th, 2010, 1:34 am

Good idea! Love it! :smile2: Hehehehe! Nice job thinking of that idea!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Spoiler: show
ImageImage
ImageImage
LionkingLover

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Saddess soul on MyLionKing.

Pride Points: 0

Postby Moka » February 16th, 2010, 1:35 am

If a conversation seems like it might get out of hand or not kid-friendly, then there's no harm in transferring the conversation to MSN or Skype. As much as we'd like to say "anything goes" in the chatroom, we have to keep in mind that this website should be a kid-safe environment and fun for everyone.
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Postby WildSimba » February 16th, 2010, 1:53 am

[quote="morri908"][quote="LionkingLover"]I say they should keep it but no one can say anything bad or personal (Like location) And people should keep to their opinions to themselves! I've never been on it so I dont know much about it but if people are being bad then they should do this![/quote]

Most of the time, people aren't being bad, it's just they're trying to have fun. The problem comes about when people go too far, and start posting inappropriate things. Or when people make fun of each other in a joking manner, but then someone gets upset and starts calling people bad things and actually mean it.[/quote]

Rude things shouldn't be said eigther way. Joking or not. Considering someone always ends up getting hurt in the end, and that makes this site look way worse then it already does. I know I've done the same thing before in the past, but that doesn't make it anymore right.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby LionkingLover » February 16th, 2010, 1:59 am

Rude things shoodnt be said is rite! Joking can still hurt someone! LIke Moka and I said this website shood be Kid friendly!! Becuz u never know if a little kid wood go on this website!! U just never know! And if u say swears the kids woodnt know and they wood stat saying it! PLz be kid friendly! Plz Plz!!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
LionkingLover

Saddess soul on MyLionKing.

Postby Panda-chan » February 16th, 2010, 1:59 am

[quote="Simbaholic"]From what i've seen, civil chat is a rarity, and immaturity is rampant.
In my honest opinion, this site would benefit from it's removal, but that's just me.[/quote]
You realize the problem isn't the chatroom right? It's the members. Removing the chatroom might prevent them from posting inappropriate comments and pictures, but it's going to hurt the good members even harder. Anyhow, this won't stop flame wars from erupting within the forums as well. Don't you remember those constant Rockandi accusations that started up in each Intro topic? :roll: I think the mods need to crack down on the individual troublemaking members harder by being online more to monitor behavior and issuing more warnings and stricter punishments. I realize I'm putting myself at stake here since I happened to be one of them lol.... :goodnight:
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Postby Baya » February 16th, 2010, 5:40 am

I totally Agree with KK, KM and YWFE [I think? xD]. This forum is a nice escape from troll sites and just stupid people and it really ticks me off how people could still be like that here. I am for the removal of the chatroom as it just gives people opportunity to cause trouble. Now, I think this thread should be locked because people keep pointing the fingers to anybody but themselves. I for one can proudly say I have NEVER Broken the rules on MLK and will never be planning to do so in the future!

Oh and btw Amanda, this is a forum not a chat service lol...If you think it'll hit members that hard I can provide them all with something known as MSN messenger or better yet Skype! =)

Vive Le Resistance! -fist pump-
Gone for good.
Baya

Pride Points: 12

Postby YFWE » February 16th, 2010, 5:54 am

[quote="Amadeus"]I totally Agree with KK, KM and YWFE [I think? xD]. This forum is a nice escape from troll sites and just stupid people and it really ticks me off how people could still be like that here. I am for the removal of the chatroom as it just gives people opportunity to cause trouble. Now, I think this thread should be locked because people keep pointing the fingers to anybody but themselves. I for one can proudly say I have NEVER Broken the rules on MLK and will never be planning to do so in the future!
[/quote]

You have broken the rule of spelling my name wrong and for that you will be banned.

Hah, just kiddin' though. Good points. ^^
YFWE
Begger, stealer, borrower

Svanire

Pride Points: 29

Postby Neon » February 16th, 2010, 6:10 am

Is that even something to be proud with? Is it even an achievement. Well that is a matter of perspective. To me that is no big deal. Well lurkers never break rules they aren't even here. Members that don't break rules aren't even close to the number of people winning gold medals in Olympics. Be proud of something other than INTERNET life and that is more rewarding ;)
Sigs are made by me and Simbasmate

Neon

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements