Lion King Goes 3D

Lion King Goes 3D

Postby KiarasMate » June 24th, 2010, 9:36 am

http://www.empireonline.com/news/feed.asp?NID=28191

[quote="Empire"]First, Hahn revealed that Beauty And The Beast isn’t the only Disney classic about to go 3D. A certain cartoon starring a warthog and a meerkat will be returning to cinemas too. “I’m actually trying to work out a 3D conversion of The Lion King. I’ll be doing that when I go back to the States in a couple of weeks,” he said, explaining that we shouldn’t expect to see it for a while yet, since the Disney boffins are taking their time in making Simba, Zazu et al pop out of the screen. “It’s going to be spectacular — we will do a good job for ya! The technology is tremendous. We did A Nightmare Before Christmas a few years ago and Tim thought it was better than the original because it allows you to walk onto the set.”[/quote]

Do we really have something to look forward to now as being TLK Fans, or would you say that this is just a rumor? ^^ This topic should make for a perfect discussion today. lol. :) So, what are your thoughts everyone? ^^
KiarasMate
Legendary Lion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): KM

Re: Lion King Goes 3D

Postby SarabisMate » June 24th, 2010, 9:49 am

My thoughts are neutral on this subject KM. lol I really hope that TLK goes 3-D and I'll buy it like there's no tomorrow. I'll buy two matter of fact and have the other as a collectors item. lol If it does hit stores soon,it would be awesome to hear in the TLK community. :)
ImageShika
Spoiler: show
All siggies made by me
and Amanda
SarabisMate

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

^ Made By KiarasMate ^

Pride Points: 3

Postby KiarasMate » June 24th, 2010, 9:59 am

Actually, I think it's going to be a theatrical release if it does end up happening. ^^ Which will give those who never had the chance to see it in theaters, a second chance, or third chance if you count the iMax release way back when. ^^ Either way, as long as they don't ruin the integrity of the film itself, I'm all for it, even if it is a bit gimmicky, but if it brings TLK back in any way, that's all that matters to me. :)
KiarasMate
Legendary Lion

Nickname(s): KM

Postby SarabisMate » June 24th, 2010, 10:07 am

Then again you may be right lol. I don't have an iMax near me so I'm out on that. But heck yeah,I never saw TLK in theaters,if I did I was way to young to remember it. lol I'm with ya every step of the way. My dad may think of me as a bit retarded for going to see the movie that I already own but I don't care. ^^ But in 3-D and at the big screen,that would be a big wish come true for me. Maybe not a sell out as everyone seems to not know about the movie.
ImageShika
All siggies made by me
and Amanda
SarabisMate

^ Made By KiarasMate ^

Postby KingKivuli » June 24th, 2010, 10:17 am

omg i swear i screamed like a fan girl when i saw that <3

it looks totally legit too, omg if it comes out im gonna be at the cinema every week, heck every day if i can. I am just sooooooo excited now
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Postby SarabisMate » June 24th, 2010, 10:18 am

[quote="KingKivuli"]omg i swear i screamed like a fan girl when i saw that <3

it looks totally legit too, omg if it comes out im gonna be at the cinema every week, heck every day if i can. I am just sooooooo excited now[/quote]

Don't count the chickens before they hatch,buddy :) lol
ImageShika
All siggies made by me
and Amanda
SarabisMate

^ Made By KiarasMate ^

Postby Simbaholikov » June 24th, 2010, 10:20 am

Sweet, I never got to see it in the cinema :)
I'll definitely go to see this, and it looks legit too ^^
Simbaholikov

Postby AustralianChaos » June 24th, 2010, 10:20 am

Yeah, I'm waiting for complete, official confirmation on any rumours before I end up getting all excited.

But it looks fascinating, and I'm hoping, praying, and crossing my fingers that this is true!
Image Image Thanks Simbaholic for the sig & mood buttons!
Thanks Simbaholic for the sig!

Awards

And also thanks to Simbaholic for my avatar!
AustralianChaos

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Utopia is where dreams and reality are one...

Location: South-East Australia (or wandering the endless plains...)
Nickname(s): AC, Chaos, Tanga, Fuzzy-Kins, KinasMate
Pride Points: 7

Postby FlipMode » June 24th, 2010, 12:42 pm

If it's not confirmed, then it is a rumour. I clicked this topic thinking it was official.. KM, you're such a tease :].
Furthermore, I think 3D is a wasted oppertunity entirely anyway. I want out of the screen 3D lol, but it only adds depth to the image and strains my eyes.
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Postby thanigraphics » June 24th, 2010, 3:46 pm

When will that production come out in cinemas? I read about a 3D tlk production earlier on another TLK forum, and there was said that it was a hoax.. which I don't hope it is.
verliezer in een ongelijk gevecht....
ImageImageImage
vote for my site: go to http://www.leeuwenkoning.webs.com and click the voting button at the bottom of the page
thanigraphics

uh-oh, banana time!

Pride Points: 1

Next

Return to News & Announcements