Lion King Goes 3D

Re: Lion King Goes 3D

Postby SimbasGuard » October 1st, 2011, 3:21 am

[quote="DGFone"]Also seeing it tomorrow. But it will only be my second.[/quote] Getting to see it a 2nt time is great as well. 8-)
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby DGFone » October 1st, 2011, 4:10 am

[quote="SimbasGuard"]Getting to see it a 2nt time is great as well. 8-)[/quote]

Couldn't have said it better myself. :)
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby FlipMode » October 1st, 2011, 10:54 am

Just in case anyone was thinking of getting a 3DTV for this, remember there is two different types of 3DTV, there is active shutter 3D which is the older style of 3D and uses expensive glasses tech (though apparently they work better). And then Cinema 3DTV which use the same 3D tech that cinemas do meaning cheaper, lighter and more comfortable glasses.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby DGFone » October 1st, 2011, 6:42 pm

[quote="FlipMode"]Just in case anyone was thinking of getting a 3DTV for this, remember there is two different types of 3DTV, there is active shutter 3D which is the older style of 3D and uses expensive glasses tech (though apparently they work better). And then Cinema 3DTV which use the same 3D tech that cinemas do meaning cheaper, lighter and more comfortable glasses.[/quote]

And then there will be the future, where you won't need glasses. The industry is still using glasses becasue as you said, they are cheap and and they work. But the industry also knows that without glasses, people will watch 3D movies a lot more, and from there it's only a matter of downsizing to household screen sizes.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby FlipMode » October 1st, 2011, 7:40 pm

Glassless 3D is still ways off yet, at least three years before it is even in stores, much less affordable to the average Joe. The problem is, it is not as easy as just downsizing it, otherwise the 3DS would have mastered it, which it did not as it used a different method of displaying it.
Granted that glasseless 3DTVs are actually out there already, but 1) only in Japan at the moment and 2) due to size and expense, can only be ordered through Toshibas website and pretty much have to made individually for each order... And even then, apparently the tech is still not up to par with expectations.

I really think that the gap between current 3D to glasses-less 3D is a long enough one to warrant getting one now rather than waiting for technology to catch up. I mean, we all want the shoes from Back To The Future which tie themselves, but we still went out and bought footwear that does not fasten itself rather than wait for the technology to be invented.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby DGFone » October 1st, 2011, 8:10 pm

That's a bad example: We all need shoes, so we don't have the time to wait for the self-tiers to be invented. But on the other hand, most of us can still wait for the gasses-free 3D TVs to be made, if only becasue current 3D TVs are also expensive as heck, so there isn't much of a difference. (Expensive or really expensive? Still out of my budged range - no difference.)
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby SophieCub » October 2nd, 2011, 12:12 am

Advert for this just came on TV there. :) Not allowed to see it though..
SophieCub
Childhood Spirit

Nickname(s): SC, Sofaloaf, Soph
Pride Points: 139

Postby Katelyn23 » October 2nd, 2011, 2:12 am

Just saw this movie again, and it was just as awesome as the first time. :)

Katelyn23
We are the champions.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I be speakin' swaghili.

Pride Points: 20

Postby DGFone » October 2nd, 2011, 4:27 am

Saw it again today. This time was much better! The theater was more quite, I had better company, and I was able to enjoy the movie more!
But I saw more 3D errors... :(
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby Simbaholikov » October 2nd, 2011, 7:03 am

Saw this today in 3D for the first time with AC! :)
He'd already been before but came again with me. ^^
It was sooooooo awesome! The 3D isn't 'in your face' and is actually rather subtle though still definitely noticable and actually works really well, it's 10,000 times better than other films I've seen in 3D. :)
Simbaholikov

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements