2D Running Simba Blender File

2D Running Simba Blender File

Postby DGFone » March 25th, 2011, 3:03 am

If you look at my siggy, you will see that it is a portion of the Rhythm of The Pridelands CD cover art. Taking an idea from Simba 66, I want to make it an animated giff. Unfortunately, the cover art is just 1 still picture. The biggest problem with that is that while S66 uses pre-existing footage, I wil have to create my own (no offence S66).

At first, I wanted to just change that frame by frame. For the first 10 or so frames, it looked like I would succeed, but after another five, it looked like a mess. :( So I came up with the idea of modeling a lion in Blender, and animating it frame-by frame, and capturing that for the animation. 8-)

Hence my current little project. I modeled a lion, using the cover art as the source, but in 2D only: it's a 3D shape, but only looks proper in 2D. I attached bones to many important joints, and I can easily frame a position and save it. Now I am in frame 5, but will probably need at least 20 frames, easily more for one complete running cycle.

If I like how it comes out, how many of you would be interested in the blender files that I will make? Blender is a free, open-source 3D modeling program made for all major OS's, and even some of the smaller ones.
Attachments
Screenshot.png
Frame 1
Screenshot-1.png
Frame 5
Screenshot-2.png
Clearly, this lion is not made for 3D
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Re: 2D Running Simba Blender File

Postby AdAstrα » March 25th, 2011, 9:11 am

Wow, that looks like pretty advanced stuff to me! I can't wait to see how it'll turn out :D
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby Rarity » March 25th, 2011, 12:58 pm

Nah I'm done with blender to maya now^^ for smoother stuff
Rarity
A Beautiful Heart

Nickname(s): Marshmallow, Rar
Pride Points: 12

Postby Chumvikingpride » March 25th, 2011, 5:43 pm

Ahhhh,Blender....
I have never understood nothing to this thing!
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Chumvikingpride=Dragon ball z,Digimon, Jayce and TWW fan!
Android 17 forever! hamtaro rocks!
Chumvikingpride

Am I a demon? In any case, I like the evil!

Nickname(s): gaga,Hamtaro,BigBraining
Pride Points: 8

Return to Other Fan-Created Media