Blender Nala project - Development

Re: Blender Nala project - Development

Postby LeaHalalela » June 23rd, 2011, 5:53 pm

Cool :D
LeaHalalela

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Lea, Lela
Pride Points: 1

Postby Daenerys » June 23rd, 2011, 6:52 pm

That's awesome DGFone, I can't wait to see the finished result :D
Daenerys
♛ queen ♛

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

nightmare dressed like a daydream

Nickname(s): rena/dashie/whatever
Pride Points: 175

Postby DGFone » June 23rd, 2011, 9:16 pm

I love cut and paste! Making even one paw was a (censored), and there is no way that I am making four of them! So I made the first one and adjusted it for the other 3 limbs. And now comes really the biggest step: merge everything into 1 object and tweak it. Because it is easy to botcher everything up now, I am saving it as a second file, and will use that.

Here is how Nala looks like in pieces:
Attachments
Screenshot.png
And now for the great merger... I hope it works!
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Thegeni99 » June 24th, 2011, 1:29 am

Cut and Paste xD. Awesome progress, I love the tail much more now! Can't wait for the finish! Good luck.
Thegeni99
T'cry'la

M.I.A. MLK User

Nickname(s): Gen, TG99, Aitama
Pride Points: 69

Postby DGFone » June 25th, 2011, 9:00 am

It's done! Finally! :)

I'm not going to say much, I will just let you see the image.

I have uploaded in the zip both the Blender files and a Wavefront export (for Maya). I will have to apologize about the export: I can't check to see if it will work, and I will be gone for a week. If there is a problem, let me know, and I will try to get it done as soon as possible.

It's done! I did it! Simba should be glad. :)

And critique is appreciated. Don't be too harsh, and do note that the textured form of the picture doesn't have any shading in it.

I will say that it was very fun creating Nala, if not at times frustrating and challenging. But now that it's finished, I can relax. Have a great time, everyone!
Attachments
Nala3D.zip
The Blender files, and a Wavefront .obj, which I read that Maya is supposed to be able to read. If you want it, go ahead and download it!
(476.6 KiB) Downloaded 236 times
Screenshot.png
The picture
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby LeaHalalela » June 25th, 2011, 1:18 pm

Congrats :D !
LeaHalalela

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Lea, Lela
Pride Points: 1

Postby Thegeni99 » June 25th, 2011, 2:47 pm

Awesome! It looks spectacular and I'm sure no one would ever disgrade it! Congratulations on the finished project!
Thegeni99
T'cry'la

M.I.A. MLK User

Nickname(s): Gen, TG99, Aitama
Pride Points: 69

Postby changa » July 5th, 2011, 1:46 am

Nice! Have you thought of continuing this challenging journey with, let's say... Simba? *raises eyebrows*
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior, and I am not afraid to admit it. If you are a Christian, please copy and paste this into your signature.
Avatar and siggy by RainbowDash, userbar by me.
changa
Mighty Pirate™!

How appropriate. You fight like a cow!

Nickname(s): AK, Mhuni, Hooly
Pride Points: 9

Postby DGFone » July 5th, 2011, 1:56 am

[quote="changa"]Nice! Have you thought of continuing this challenging journey with, let's say... Simba? *raises eyebrows*[/quote]

Only if you ask for it! :P

Right now I am working on upgrades for this: http://www.dgfhanger.daedalus-labs.com/
Making it look nicer, better optimization, and just plain better.
The radio telescope (large satellite dish for most people) is also mine! 8-) This is the same plane as on my Desktop: download/file.php?id=4994&mode=view

So if you want me to make a Simba, you can ask for it. I will work on it... Slowly. I don't decline projects, but the F/A-18A is my main "pet" and therefore gets the most love. Doesn't mean that I can't take on side projects. :)
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby changa » July 6th, 2011, 7:17 am

Okay. Well, I guess I won't bother with it, because I don't really need him. I just enjoyed your voyage through the inner workings of Nala, and thought it would be fun. But, whatever...
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior, and I am not afraid to admit it. If you are a Christian, please copy and paste this into your signature.
Avatar and siggy by RainbowDash, userbar by me.
changa
Mighty Pirate™!

How appropriate. You fight like a cow!

Nickname(s): AK, Mhuni, Hooly
Pride Points: 9

PreviousNext

Return to Other Fan-Created Media