Kion Flash Puppet Building

Kion Flash Puppet Building

Postby pushmipullu » December 2nd, 2015, 3:12 am

Since The Lion Guard is made in flash (or a similar program) it means that usable flash puppets can be made by tracing images from the show. I've been hanging out in the My Little Pony fan animation community, and I've been learning how to make flash puppets of characters using tracing techniques, so when I discover that Lion Guard uses flash, I decided to go in and try my luck at building a puppet of Kion, just for practice. Note that I'm still pretty new to puppet rigging, so it won't be as good as a professional one.

Here's what I have so far:

Not quite done yet, and I might actually have to start over with a different screencap :roll: but I think I've figured out how the parts should be built.

Now I just need to figure out what to do with the puppet one I'm done building it, lol.
pushmipullu

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 4

Re: Kion Flash Puppet Building

Postby Braveheart » December 2nd, 2015, 4:47 am

^Maybe make your own very own fan adventures. :)
ImageImageImageImage
Braveheart

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 28

Postby pushmipullu » December 2nd, 2015, 4:53 am

I would if I had adventures to make, lol
pushmipullu

Postby Braveheart » December 2nd, 2015, 3:55 pm

Are you going to do the same for the rest of the cast? I would recommend giving it a short test drive at the end, maybe with some music too.

Adventures can be made up. Well, most fan made adventures have little to do with the main story, at least from I have seen of MLP fan ones.

Also, it seem to be going well at the moment, keep it up! :D
ImageImageImageImage
Braveheart

Pride Points: 28

Postby _TravelerBlu_ » December 3rd, 2015, 1:36 am

Wow cool! How can I get flash?
The dark side, it calls to him, it pulls at him. The boy must be Eliminated before he is consumed by it! :sad:
I will not let that happen! :x

Countin' down the days until Star Wars Rebels 1 hour season finale!!!!! :D :oops:
_TravelerBlu_
At least,

He wasn't attacked by a flock of leopards

Nickname(s): Blu, Spectre 7, Saskia, Lukio
Pride Points: 32

Postby AwkwardPastel » December 6th, 2015, 12:29 am

This is so awesome :o

I wish I had flash.
AwkwardPastel
Here comes the lion guard

Hevi Kabisa!

Nickname(s): Jason, Pastel
Pride Points: 2

Postby pushmipullu » December 6th, 2015, 4:34 pm

Well, here he (mostly) is. Still have to make some adjustments, (whiskers, spots, that uncolored toe) but I think I'm doing pretty well so far.

kion 3q.png
pushmipullu

Postby pushmipullu » December 27th, 2015, 3:54 pm

Baby's first walkcycle.

https://youtu.be/dk5_DSf0Feg
pushmipullu

Postby zerodix » April 16th, 2016, 12:47 pm

awesome! you should add footage! and a kovu :)
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Return to Other Fan-Created Media