Circle of Life Cover

Circle of Life Cover

Postby RyanWenke » July 7th, 2010, 5:16 am

Hey folks,
Figured I'd post a quick cover I did today of Circle of Life. Consists of simple acoustic guitar/vocals. Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnoG5k7GXUo

Feedback is gladly welcomed if constructive.

Ryan
RyanWenke

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Ryan
Pride Points: 0

Re: Circle of Life Cover

Postby Moka » July 7th, 2010, 6:00 am

Hi Ryan, welcome to MLK.

I really love your guitar playing, but it seems like you're holding back on your singing. I'm no singer, but try backing away from your mic a bit and then really belting it out. Of course you might want to do it when you're alone in the house ^^

Looking forward to seeing more covers, it was wonderful!
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Postby KiarasMate » July 7th, 2010, 7:17 am

Very nicely done. :) Gave you a Paws Up on YT. ^^
KiarasMate
Legendary Lion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): KM

Postby WildSimba » July 12th, 2010, 9:47 pm

[quote="Moka"]Hi Ryan, welcome to MLK.

I really love your guitar playing, but it seems like you're holding back on your singing. I'm no singer, but try backing away from your mic a bit and then really belting it out. Of course you might want to do it when you're alone in the house ^^

Looking forward to seeing more covers, it was wonderful![/quote]

A true musician is not afriad of who hears/listens.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby axx1000 » July 16th, 2010, 6:34 am

Because i can exercise my right to be a critic, im just going to throw it all out on the table.

The Good: I like it (considering i never got into the original song this part is good), you have a good singing voice and what i whould really like to hear is you doing a cover of either something by Brand New or The Killers or Erasure-Always, You dont hesitate on the guitar (hate it when people do that), when you spike certin parts in the song you didnt mess up or "stumble".

The not so great: I cant tell for sure but i think i heard panting and i whould have to ask you if you warmed up your voice before you sang, when you very first started singing your voice sounded a little bit different then the rest of the song, you didnt do the full song, on the part where you said "its the circle of life" while going lower in pitch it sounded more like you jumped down a flight of stairs then glideing down them.

Opinion: great cover i hope to hear more songs from you other then the 2 you have .
Soul of the mind, key to life's ether.
Soul of the lost, withdrawn from its vessel.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended.
So the world might be mended.
~~favorite game ever
axx1000

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BOINK!

Pride Points: 0

Return to Other Fan-Created Media