An Adult Audience Reaction to The Film

Re: An Adult Audience Reaction to The Film

Postby EdtheHyena » November 17th, 2013, 3:11 am

You don't have to be a kid to appreciate this anymore than you have to be to appreciate Harry Potter :)

"Don't lose you're way...with each passing day...you've come so far, don't throw it away."
EdtheHyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Eddie
Pride Points: 3

Postby Ninaroja » January 11th, 2014, 11:13 pm

[quote="EdtheHyena"]You don't have to be a kid to appreciate this anymore than you have to be to appreciate Harry Potter :)[/quote]

It really irritates me when people pan things like The Lion King and Harry Potter just because they're perceived as "for kids". The two of them are full of such true-to-life messages about love and loss and coming of age that I think people of all generations can and should benefit from them.

Something like Twilight on the other hand... :disgust5:
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby Ninaroja » January 12th, 2014, 12:09 am

My favorite bit was the guy that was all like "WOO!" at the end of CoL :lol:

Edit: just realised I double posted. Apologies :(
Last edited by Ninaroja on January 12th, 2014, 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby Meskhenet » January 12th, 2014, 2:09 pm

[quote="Ninaroja"][quote="EdtheHyena"]You don't have to be a kid to appreciate this anymore than you have to be to appreciate Harry Potter :)[/quote]

It really irritates me when people pan things like The Lion King and Harry Potter just because they're perceived as "for kids". The two of them are full of such true-to-life messages about love and loss and coming of age that I think people of all generations can and should benefit from them.

Something like Twilight on the other hand... :disgust5:[/quote]

I concur! You are never too old to be a fan of The Lion King heck my grandmother is a fan of the movie and she is 60 years old! It's not the movie itself that makes The Lion King remembering, but the messages behind each scene (as you Ninaroja previously stated). Whose to say that a movie has an "age limit". It's people who think that way makes me irritated. :bethatway:
Meskhenet
Let this prayer be your guide

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always remember your pride

Nickname(s): Mesk
Pride Points: 21

Postby Bloodspill » January 12th, 2014, 7:13 pm

Sure. If TLK was directed only for people in particular age, then there wouldn't be so much death, vengence, betray, tragedy refferences. It would be just like the other movies from Disney - like Aristocats or another, amusing but not making people so emotional about different scenes or characters at all. I think the creators didn't think about it during the early states of the movie: they had a concept, then the idea was developing, they searched for circumstances and actions that would make it more interesting, then in the end they had to think about the younger audience more. Like, they abandoned this Scar and Nala idea. And in SP they cut suicide scene at the very end of production.

Everyone I know enjoyed TLK, but when you want wo wear TLK t-shirt or whatever, they consider you childish, not just a fan. That's irritating :furious4:

And by the way, this video is cool. I smiled all the time while watching :P
Life's not fair, is it?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby Azerane » January 13th, 2014, 12:54 pm

In some ways I'd be annoyed that people were cheering and clapping and disrupting the movie, but in other ways I think it would be fun to be a part of an audience like that. I think I saw it in 3D towards the end of its run and there was probably only one family in the theater with us.
Azerane

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 9

Postby PrincessKiara » January 19th, 2014, 6:57 pm

When I went to see it in my country they were showing both the English and dubbed version, and of course I went to both. On the dubbed version there were mostly families (maybe lots of people who grew up with the film were now taking their own children to see it?) but on the dubbed version there were adults only. Although audiences here NEVER clap, cheer, etc (we are too reserved for that, lol! The one time I did excperience that was a couple days after the premiere of LOTR: Return of the King) I would have loved to sit in a cinema and watch TLK with die hard fans so we could all sing along, recite the lines and stuff. It would have been glorious. I very much enjoyed the video, I laughed along with the audience, hehe.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby SlayerOfLight » January 19th, 2014, 8:32 pm

[quote="Ninaroja"]Something like Twilight on the other hand...[/quote]

SlayerOfLight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Nick, SOL
Pride Points: 125

Postby FlipMode » January 19th, 2014, 9:24 pm

Eh some films it's more acceptable to be singing along and saying the lines and stuff, TLK is one of those films! I mean come on, everyone has seen it a million times and will probably see it a good number more times in their life.
If I want to watch it and appreciate the animation, art style, epic score, voice acting and the gorgeous bit of crumpet the films is then I'll just watch it at home on my own but watching with ANYONE else you can bet that you will all be singing along.

It's like any other film really, first time I watch it I want to actually take in the film for what it is, any time after that you can sing in my earballs all you want
It does prove how well the film has stood the test of time though, honestly I don't think it will ever really get old. Animation companies will be using it as an example of how to tell a story in a way that appeals to absolutely everyone rather than one specific group of people for decades I reckon. It's like the Citizen Kane of animated movies.
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Postby Timon the great » January 23rd, 2014, 5:15 pm

'Lots of interesting responses to this topic I made and more than I had expected in the beginning. Keep them coming. Image

This audience definitely knows how to watch a good movie and really enjoy the (animated) characters in a very good way.

[quote="Ninaroja"]My favorite bit was the guy that was all like "WOO!" at the end of CoL :lol:[/quote]
That's the second to best part when the title screen appeared. But I still think the seductive Nala scene was the best with the audience reactions. I just knew, KNEW, everyone in that theater was going to react to that scene, when I saw the video the first time.

It's so funny to me because it goes like this in the theater, during that part: "OWW!! Woo! Woo!!! Woah!!! WOOOOOOO!!! Woooooooooooah!!!!! Ooooooooooooooh!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAH!!!" *clapping*

LOL!!! Image
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King