Did Zazu participate in the battle??

Did Zazu participate in the battle??

Postby Animal of the Wild » October 25th, 2013, 11:46 pm

Where was he during it, even?
Last edited by Animal of the Wild on December 22nd, 2013, 7:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -18

Re: Did Zazu participate in the battle??

Postby Arbystrider » October 27th, 2013, 2:38 am

[quote="Simba the Lion King"]you wouldve think he would have stuck wit him but he's not with him or Timon at all in 1 1/2 but in that movie the MR. Pig scene didn't even happen so I dunno...[/quote]

There are no real rules as to what is canon or not. I believe that 1 1/2 is canon, but someone else may not.

The wiki states that Zazu was in the battle because he was there. If he weren't there, he wouldn't have been in the battle. If he were there, he would have been in the battle.

That's right, being at the place means that he was there.
ImageImageImage
Arbystrider
A semi-Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The peace the evening brings.

Nickname(s): Arby
Pride Points: 15

Postby Animal of the Wild » October 27th, 2013, 2:59 am

But there's a difference between "being there", and participating.
Last edited by Animal of the Wild on March 30th, 2014, 10:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby TheLionPrince » October 27th, 2013, 10:49 pm

There is a line in Brian Tiemann's version of the script in which Zazu says, "Take that, you stupid..." Although The Lion King Wiki is fan-edited, I'm pretty sure Zazu did participate in the battle because after Pumbaa broke the birdcage, he, Timon, and Pumbaa had a brawl with the hyenas inside the den, even though it occurred off-screen.

[quote="Simba the Lion King"]you wouldve think he would have stuck wit him but he's not with him or Timon at all in 1 1/2 but in that movie the MR. Pig scene didn't even happen so I dunno...[/quote]

It did happen within the timeframe of the movie. Timon and Pumbaa left Ma and Uncle Max to themselves to get the hyenas away from Simba, and where were the hyenas during the battle? At Pride Rock, the same place where the "Mr. Pig" scene occurred. Just because it wasn't shown doesn't mean it didn't happen. There was a good reason why it wasn't shown because it would have made Timon and Pumbaa's confrontation with the hyenas more redundant.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Animal of the Wild » October 29th, 2013, 2:36 am

But just one line doesn't tell us anything.
Last edited by Animal of the Wild on December 22nd, 2013, 7:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Animal of the Wild

Postby Animal of the Wild » October 29th, 2013, 3:43 am

And also I meant after said scene.
Last edited by Animal of the Wild on March 30th, 2014, 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Animal of the Wild

Postby Carl » October 29th, 2013, 2:48 pm

[quote="TheLionPrince"]There is a line in Brian Tiemann's version of the script in which Zazu says, "Take that, you stupid..." [/quote]

That line actually is in the film. I was just watching my DVD of the Diamond Edition last night, and it is there.

[quote="Simba the Lion King"]Well I don't see why they would ADD a scene to the story that made it redundant.[/quote]

First of all, you have to take 1.5/3 with a grain of salt because it was made to be funny. Secondly, they were trying to give Timon and Pumbaa more role in the battle than was shown in the first film. In battle, everyone participates redundantly. If you watch the original movie and think that each character only fought when you can see them or if they did keep fighting that none of their moves and/or skirmishes were similar to the others, then you're just being ridiculous. Every character taking on any additional hyenas or groups of hyenas off-screen would be a redundant scene. They aren't "adding a scene that made it redundant," they are showing a different scene to give insight into what we didn't see before, and, just like with the scene when they are fighting the hyenas with the tunnels not being in the first movie, adding the "Mr.Pig" scene to 1.5 would have been redundant. Fans had already seen that scene. With 1.5, they wanted to show other things, the "story within the story." So, naturally they won't include every scene from the original because we already know those things happened. They're going to show us things we didn't see, and if it's redundant alongside an original scene, then the scene we already know of will remain in the first film and we will be shown another one. But that doesn't mean the scene 1.5 didn't show didn't happen.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Animal of the Wild » October 29th, 2013, 3:24 pm

So he didn't do anything else, than?
Last edited by Animal of the Wild on March 30th, 2014, 10:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Animal of the Wild

Postby Carl » October 29th, 2013, 3:30 pm

That is unlikely. He probably did something to help, I can't imagine he wouldn't have.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Animal of the Wild » October 29th, 2013, 3:33 pm

But he's often portrayed as a complete coward.
Last edited by Animal of the Wild on March 30th, 2014, 10:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Animal of the Wild

Next

Return to The Lion King