[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - Do you think Scar was as smart as he says is? — My Lion King Forum

Do you think Scar was as smart as he says is?

Do you think Scar was as smart as he says is?

Postby Todd23 » November 22nd, 2013, 1:21 pm

I don't know...I don't think he's a bad villain but I think he might've overestimated his intelligence a bit-I wouldn't say he's stupid per se but he seems to lack common sense a lot of the time (like just listening to the lionesses and moving away from Pride Rock or letting the same hyenas who botched killing Simba the last time kill him again). Sure, he's smart to enough take advantage of certain situations if he thinks it will get him his way so he's not an idiot but he's not really the genius he says he is, in my opinion...
Todd23

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Re: Do you think Scar was as smart as he says is?

Postby Si-Amber » November 27th, 2013, 4:59 pm

I'd say he definitely wasn't as smart as he thought he was, otherwise he wouldn't have lost. He certainly made a few mistakes.
Si-Amber

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 74

Postby Meskhenet » November 27th, 2013, 6:05 pm

Meskhenet
Let this prayer be your guide

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always remember your pride

Nickname(s): Mesk
Pride Points: 21

Postby Todd23 » November 27th, 2013, 7:57 pm

"And it would be much harder for Shenzi, Banzai, and Ed to kill Simba now that he is an adult. In fact, he is now able to throw a hyena with a fling of a jaw. And even if they even dared to attack Simba, the lionesses would have defeated them with or without the remaining members of the pack."

I was actually talking about when he let Shenzi, Banzai, and Ed kill Simba after he killed Mufasa. He had thousands of hyenas following him, so why would he let those exact 3 try to kill him when they messed up his last attempt at killing the kid instead of the other thousand hyenas who were following him? That was a HUGE mistake on his part!

"I'd say he definitely wasn't as smart as he thought he was, otherwise he wouldn't have lost. He certainly made a few mistakes."

Just because you lose doesn't necessarily make you stupid. It's how you lose...

But I do agree he made a few mistakes...
Todd23

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Meskhenet » November 27th, 2013, 8:52 pm

[quote="Todd23"]I was actually talking about when he let Shenzi, Banzai, and Ed kill Simba after he killed Mufasa.[/quote]They were ordered to kill him, but Simba escaped through the thorn patch and the hyenas were unwilling to go in there. Besides the hyenas only take on the order's given by Scar. With the exception of the battle.
Meskhenet

Postby Todd23 » November 27th, 2013, 9:05 pm

[quote="Zulama"][quote="Todd23"]I was actually talking about when he let Shenzi, Banzai, and Ed kill Simba after he killed Mufasa.[/quote]They were ordered to kill him, but Simba escaped through the thorn patch and the hyenas were unwilling to go in there. Besides the hyenas only take on the order's given by Scar. With the exception of the battle.[/quote]

I know that. I'm saying it would have been smarter if he ordered anyone other than them to kill Simba.
Todd23

Postby Meskhenet » November 27th, 2013, 9:27 pm

Oh okay. Your reply kind of threw me off there. :/
Meskhenet

Postby DGFone » November 28th, 2013, 9:24 am

I have to give credit to Scar: Not only is he a Disney villain with a lot of talk, but he is also a Disney villain who walks the walk. Not only did he plan out an execute a plot to kill Mufasa without rousing any suspicion, he then ruled the Pride Lands, while not perfectly, well enough that no one came to suspect that he was the source of their problems in more ways than one.

Remember: the pride only found out that Mufasa was murdered, let alone by Scar, when Simba returned. Until then, Scar was able to rule poorly, but without any suspicion that could have jeopardised his position as king.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Ananda » November 28th, 2013, 12:50 pm

Yes. Even at least for a little time, but he lived the life he always wanted to live.
Ananda

Pride Points: 0

Postby EdtheHyena » November 30th, 2013, 1:55 am

He seems smart until towards the end. He totally freaks out when Simba reappears, makes a thin excuse about "the pressures of being king" which Simba actually manages to take down with 4 words: "are no longer yours". Then he says "The hyenas think I'm king" to which Simba andc the lionesses STILL overpower him Later, he is seen BEGGING Simba for he life, sniveling that he "is family" and that "Simba wouldn't kill his dear old uncle". Yeah right. Great way to beg for your life, considering he didn't give a Mufasa---who was also family---a chance.

And then, obviously, he ends up fighting Simba; I hear some people claim the reason he did so well was because they were evenly matched cause Simba "just ate insects", but I doubt they really put any thought into that; Simba has a very decent, neutral build, similar to the lionesses, which goes to show how much thought they put into his diet. The script, BTW, has this quote...
"As an adult, he's not as well-built as his father was, presumably from growing up on a diet of insects... "

that's like saying I'm not as well built as a bodybuilder because I starve myself. Even if I did eat, I wouldn't be as well built. Mufasa looked REALLY, REALLY, good, so it's expected that Simba wouldn't look as good. His body doesn't reflect his diet at all.

Sorry I strayed from Scar.

"Don't lose you're way...with each passing day...you've come so far, don't throw it away."
EdtheHyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Eddie
Pride Points: 3

Next

Return to The Lion King