Is Ed brain damaged?

Re: Is Ed brain damaged?

Postby NaiaRulez » April 12th, 2015, 2:29 pm

I think that Ed is not brain damaged, in fact, I think he's smarter than the other hyenas. If you look and understand carefully, in the scene when Simba, Nala and Zazu escape from the hyenas when they are talking about 'Cub Sandwiches' and that weird things, Ed was the only one who notices it. He tried to tell Shenzi and Banzai that they were escaping from them, so he was smarter than Shenzi and Banzai by paying more attention to the cubs and the bird than to the hyenas saying stupid things. And when Mufasa busted them trying to eat the cubs and the bird, he was the only one who telled the truth, and always is smarter telling the truth than lying like Shenzi and Banzai.
Maybe Ed was borned with a damage on the tongue or the vocal chords that made him incapable to talk well to understand or vocalize (there's a guy in my class that has that problem) But It's very clear that he's very smart compared to other hyenas.
NaiaRulez

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Naia, Nai
Pride Points: 11

Postby Timon8 » April 12th, 2015, 3:03 pm

Ed is just an animated character and you guys are looking way too deep into it.
''When the world turns it back on you, you turn your back on the world!''
Timon8
I see carnivores...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Hakuna Matata!

Pride Points: 5

Postby NaiaRulez » April 12th, 2015, 3:21 pm

[quote="Timon8"]Ed is just an animated character and you guys are looking way too deep into it.[/quote]
Well I know, but the user who asked the question only wants to know if he's brain damaged or something else. But It's true that we're getting a lil' bit way deep in it XD
NaiaRulez

Nickname(s): Naia, Nai
Pride Points: 11

Postby SimbasGuard » April 12th, 2015, 9:22 pm

[quote="Timon8"]Ed is just an animated character and you guys are looking way too deep into it.[/quote]

Yes, but isn't that why sites like this exist, so all us over enthusiastic Lion King fans can look much deeper into elements of The Lion King than the casual movie fan would even consider? ;)

As for the actual topic, I think Ed has a few screws loose, but aside from his inability to talk he is a capable hyena. Shenzi and Banzai would not have him in there group if he was just dead weight.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Previous

Return to The Lion King