28%
Kovu
10%
Nuka
No votes

Total votes : 29

Re: Who is the best father?

Postby NaiaRulez » April 12th, 2015, 1:21 pm

I voted for Mufasa and Simba, but I will almost say that Mufasa was a better father than Simba.

Mufasa, before he died, was a very wise lion and a rightful king who protected his son Simba the best. Mufasa teached Simba the steps to rule a kingdom, and also teached him which were good or bad things. Also, in the stampede scene, he lefted his life by saving Simba's; if Mufasa didn't save him, Simba probably will be dead in that scene.

Simba was a good father too, but he was over-protective with his daugther Kiara. Maybe because he didn't want Kiara were in problems like him as a cub, or as some fans say, maybe because of the "death" of his son Kopa. (Yeah, I've put "death" 'cause I think he didn't die) Also, Simba didn't trust Kiara when she said that Kovu loved her for what she is. If I were Simba, I'll gave Kovu an opportunity instead don't trust my own daugther. (But I understand that Simba only wanted to protect Kiara because he knew that Kovu was choosen by Scar)
NaiaRulez

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Naia, Nai
Pride Points: 11

Re: Who is the best father?

Postby Marizzle » April 13th, 2015, 4:04 pm

I voted for Mufasa and Simba, but, personally, I think Mufasa was a better father than Simba.

Mufasa was a perfect combination of stern and loving. He knew when to be serious and when to be playful. Personally, I relate this to the fact that he was older and, by logic, wiser. He disciplined Simba correctly, scolding him when necessary, but never emotionally hurt him and often connected his own feelings to his son's, making Simba understand and realize his mistakes faster and better. :)

Simba is not that behind him on the list, but I believe that his over-protection and anxiety (Probably originated from his past) about anything relating Kiara was his main reason to doubt Kovu, from the beginning. He didn't trust him not only because he was an outsider, but, also, because his daughter would be close to "such an individual". It was a risk that he decided to take. This "paranoia", originated from his fear of Kovu's intentions being bad - as they initially were -, led him to be "blind" and believe that only his actions and decisions were correct. However, just as SimbasGuard said, he "also had the courage to admit that he was wrong", which is definitely not easy, especially in his position. This was where we saw that, deep inside, his heart was also in the right place.
Marizzle
Hope is the only thing

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Stronger than fear

Pride Points: 81

Previous

Return to The Lion King