Who is Simba and Nalas first born

Re: Who is Simba and Nalas first born

Postby tigerlover » December 29th, 2015, 11:42 pm

:kopa:
tigerlover
Tigress

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Tiger
Pride Points: 3

Postby Carl » December 30th, 2015, 12:21 am

^ If you aren't going to actually contribute to the discussion, please do not post in a topic. I take it from that smiley that you're a Kopa fan... that's fine, but still he's not the first born, or canon, and that's that. TLG even further proved it by saying that Kion is their second cub, and Kiara's younger sibling.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Squeely » December 30th, 2015, 12:25 am

Kiara is their first-born according to TLG, which is considerably more canon than 6NA. Sorry Kopa fans, lil Kopes just isn't canon.

I even had a realization yesterday: Kion's presentation could be the one at the end of TLK. Kiara's is at the beginning of SP, and takes place before Kion's presentation. Explains the inconsistencies between the two, and the fact that fewer animals seem to be at Kiara's (the Pridelands were still recovering).
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Amadi_the_Guard » December 30th, 2015, 4:46 am

^
I agree with that. Kion looks a lot like Fluffy - both of them have golden fur that's only a few shades lighter then Simba's, as well as brown ear-rims, while Simba's were darker. And the presentation of the cub is different from Kiara's.
I know Disney stated a few times that Fluffy is, in fact, Kiara, but that was ages ago, before Kion was a thing. I'm pretty sure if we asked them now regarding the issue of the cub, they would just say Fluffy is Kion.

But, yeah, Kiara is the oldest. :)

Still, if someone wants to think it's Kopa, and try to somehow fit the little guy in, that's cool too. It isn't Disney's idea, and it doesn't make much sense time-wise, but as someone said, it's still a fun theory in the end. I don't believe we should be discussing this all that seriously, it's just an animated movie and it should be enjoyed.

I just thought of this theory. Please don't kill me for posting here, it's kinda related... Here:
Simba and Nala have Kopa first, and events of 6NA take place. He is still very young here, which explains his bratty behavior and, well... he's kinda stupid in the books too, ism,t he? Nala is pregnant during this period, but she and Simba want this to be a surprise for their son. Tough luck though, as Kopa dies at Zira's claws (or does he?), forcing bitter Simba to kick her out. Nala, traumatized, delivers her cubs prematurely, and that's Kion and Kiara. The pair is heart-broken because of their lost son, but don't have time to deal with that properly as they need to be strong for their new cubs. Kion is born first, and Simba and Nala want him to rule, but Rafiki informs them that he's going to be the lion guard and have a different role protecting the circle of life. Now, the two are paranoid, because they think Kion might be jealous if his younger sister becomes the queen over him, despite him being the next in line. They decide to pretend Kiara is the oldest, to their great pain. It's for the best, because, at the same time, they don't want to make their hateful towards anyone, not even Zira. The two grow, and Simba has a hard time bonding with Kion, because he sees a lot of Kopa in him - Kopa looked similar, befriended a lot of other animals... However, eventually Kion hears about Kopa, either from Mufasa, or some animal... I dunno. Kion is hurt because nobody ever told him about his brother, and runs away after an argument with Simba, where I guess he tells him he's nothing like Mufasa.
He walks around aimlessly until, much later, he stumbled into a scarred lion who looks identical to their father. That's Kopa, but he's different. The lovable cub he once was is now dead, and because of Zira, Kopa is a paranoid wreck, who shudders at the very thought of going back. They live together, and once they do go back, they get to see their sister getting married to the son of the lioness who tore apart their family. What will the brothers do? And who will become the new king?
Ok I need a hobby or two.
Amadi_the_Guard

Pride Points: 8

Postby Squeely » December 30th, 2015, 5:37 am

[quote="Amadi_the_Guard"]Still, if someone wants to think it's Kopa, and try to somehow fit the little guy in, that's cool too.[/quote]
But of course. Everyone is free to have their theories/Alternate Universes/what-have-you. That's called fan-canon/fanon/headcanon. But as far as what official canon has told us, Simba and Nala's first-born cub is Kiara. It's the most officially accurate answer we have.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Ultra Fox » December 30th, 2015, 6:06 am

Kiara.

Duh.
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

woRSt MoVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Nickname(s): meem machine >;)
Pride Points: 97

Postby Tsuki » December 30th, 2015, 2:18 pm

Though I like the idea of Kopa, I don't consider him Canon so I say Kiara is the first born.
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 88

Postby ScarsLove » December 30th, 2015, 6:25 pm

Kiara is the official first born. Kion is the official second born.

Fluffy was just a product of the movie's ending. They probably weren't expecting as much success with TLK ( considering I heard Pocahontas was supposed to be their big winner ) so they decided to leave it as a happy cliche ending with a happy pride continuing the circle of life with a new cub.

The the executives/producers of Disney said:

"WE'VE GOT TO HAVE MORE MONEY!"

And The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride full of inconsistencies, was born.

Then TLK6NA became a thing and Kopa was born. Bringing in more plot holes and inconsistencies.

But realistically and canon-wise, Kiara and Kion are their only cubs.

Non-canon & fanverse-wise, Fluffy/Kiara/Kopa/Kion & millions of little OC's exist.

Image Image Image Image

Spoiler: show
ScarsLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

"All's well that's well for me"

Nickname(s): Wolfy, Nikki
Pride Points: 70

Postby Ninaroja » December 30th, 2015, 6:55 pm

This whole thread is one giant facepalm

KOPA NO EXISTE/ N'EXISTE PAS/ DOESNT EXIST in the official, canon TLK universe

*mic drop*
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby HereWeStand » December 30th, 2015, 10:49 pm

Yeah, I can't believe we're still discussing this as a fandom in 2015 when the answer has been clear as day. Canon=/=Fanon.
HereWeStand
-

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King