Who is Simba and Nalas first born

Re: Who is Simba and Nalas first born

Postby Panpardus » April 24th, 2018, 8:15 pm

[quote="TLK_Kid"]
That is a good theory. But then it presents the question of where Kion was throughout SP (which is a question I've really always had anyway.)

Another thought I just had: If Kiara and Kion were born in the same litter, why would Timon and Pumbaa be complaining about the cub being a girl, since they would have Kion there at the same time?[/quote]

Well obviously this is ultimately just a retcon but if we're trying to appropriately squeeze things in, the first half of Simba's Pride really only covers one day in the life of Kiara's cubhood; Kion could've just been off-screen in the den or something. They don't hang around each other a lot in The Lion Guard anyway, so I don't necessarily think it's a huge stretch.

Also, this is really just minor detail stretching, but as Kiara's Simba's Pride celebration happens early in the morning (presumably before Kion's) Timon and Pumbaa could've not known about the male cub until his presentation, so their disappointment could be followed by the elation we see them in at the end of The Lion King. (Timon looks like he's fist-pumping in that scene.)
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Re: Who is Simba and Nalas first born

Postby TLK_Kid » April 24th, 2018, 8:34 pm

[quote="Panpardus"][quote="TLK_Kid"]
That is a good theory. But then it presents the question of where Kion was throughout SP (which is a question I've really always had anyway.)

Another thought I just had: If Kiara and Kion were born in the same litter, why would Timon and Pumbaa be complaining about the cub being a girl, since they would have Kion there at the same time?[/quote]

Well obviously this is ultimately just a retcon but if we're trying to appropriately squeeze things in, the first half of Simba's Pride really only covers one day in the life of Kiara's cubhood; Kion could've just been off-screen in the den or something. They don't hang around each other a lot in The Lion Guard anyway, so I don't necessarily think it's a huge stretch.

Also, this is really just minor detail stretching, but as Kiara's Simba's Pride celebration happens early in the morning (presumably before Kion's) Timon and Pumbaa could've not known about the male cub until his presentation, so their disappointment could be followed by the elation we see them in at the end of The Lion King. (Timon looks like he's fist-pumping in that scene.)[/quote]

True. I always picture things to be so much longer, when in reality it's only a day or two.

That's actually a great explanation...it ties in all the details from both movies really well.
TLK_Kid
When in doubt...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

ASANTE SANA SQUASH BANANA

Nickname(s): Just call me Kid xD
Pride Points: 4

Previous

Return to The Lion King